Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Genuine feedback on Amethyst Atoll event & Daily login slots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Exclamation Genuine feedback on Amethyst Atoll event & Daily login slots

I want to start things off with thank you Spacetime Studios for listening to the community's concerns regarding inventory slots and how you've so far reciprocated via the introduction of a new daily rewards login feature and even an event catering towards inventory slots.

However, some things need to be adjusted just a tad bit and here are the pros & cons so far that i've come to the conclusion with:

(The Pros)

1. Daily login rewards give a multitude of items such as crafting speed ups, inventory slots completely for free. I can now skip the timer of crafting items with much flexibility!

2. The Amethyst Atoll event map let's us loot decent gold drops and even a rare vanity that may fetch a pretty penny.

3. Such a simple event, yet an interesting map to explore with a fun little boss interaction and mini-bosses have backdoor protection that don't let them get 1 shot by rushing players. This shows you guys care about the design of events and i appreciate this a lot!

Now, onto the sodding stuff:

(The Cons)

1. The amount of daily login rewards slots given out are very few in between, as the loot table itself contains not just the inventory slots but also items such as single tokens like hauntlet & crafting speed-up kits.

2. The Amethyst Atoll events crafting requirements is very monotonous as not only do you need to craft from an ascending echelon of item rarities e.g. Rare >>>> Epic >>>> Legendary; But you also need 5 of each legendary crafting components which not only isn't enough to satiate the requirements but you also need an untradeable bound mythic rarity recipe to compliment the completion of said inventory slot you're looking to craft.

The drop rate for the mythic recipe has so far been quite low for me after a couple of runs somewhere between the tens which seems to be a demotivating factor in my opinion as if you ever manage to consistently meet the requirements of every inventory slot in the end all you're crafting are single inventory slots, just 1 piece each craft in a rarity based system is very demanding.

3. The Amethyst Atoll event mini-bosses & Main boss monster don't drop that many goodies and it's usually always either a legendary bar / mythic recipe dropping alongside gold and possibly a vanity. Wouldn't it be interesting to supplement the following entities with an introduction of possible arcane loot drops like an arcane shard or even the Level 16 arcane weapons chest since it's fittingly a Dead City themed map.

The summary of all of this is that the amount of slots given are far too little for such great amounts of efforts required to attain them, this can be very demotivating for any players morale as it's psychologically more appropriate to be rewarded with more than just a single thing after so much time being put into something. Wouldn't it be more fitting to at least add 5-10x slots as a reward for the respective entities being discussed?

Thank you for reading and take this with a grain of salt. I wish everyone a pleasant day and a fun time on Arcane Legends. :>

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    I want to start things off with thank you Spacetime Studios for listening to the community's concerns regarding inventory slots and how you've so far reciprocated via the introduction of a new daily rewards login feature and even an event catering towards inventory slots.

However, some things need to be adjusted just a tad bit and here are the pros & cons so far that i've come to the conclusion with:

(The Pros)

1. Daily login rewards give a multitude of items such as crafting speed ups, inventory slots completely for free. I can now skip the timer of crafting items with much flexibility!

2. The Amethyst Atoll event map let's us loot decent gold drops and even a rare vanity that may fetch a pretty penny.

3. Such a simple event, yet an interesting map to explore with a fun little boss interaction and mini-bosses have backdoor protection that don't let them get 1 shot by rushing players. This shows you guys care about the design of events and i appreciate this a lot!

Now, onto the sodding stuff:

(The Cons)

1. The amount of daily login rewards slots given out are very few in between, as the loot table itself contains not just the inventory slots but also items such as single tokens like hauntlet & crafting speed-up kits.

2. The Amethyst Atoll events crafting requirements is very monotonous as not only do you need to craft from an ascending echelon of item rarities e.g. Rare >>>> Epic >>>> Legendary; But you also need 5 of each legendary crafting components which not only isn't enough to satiate the requirements but you also need an untradeable bound mythic rarity recipe to compliment the completion of said inventory slot you're looking to craft.

The drop rate for the mythic recipe has so far been quite low for me after a couple of runs somewhere between the tens which seems to be a demotivating factor in my opinion as if you ever manage to consistently meet the requirements of every inventory slot in the end all you're crafting are single inventory slots, just 1 piece each craft in a rarity based system is very demanding.

3. The Amethyst Atoll event mini-bosses & Main boss monster don't drop that many goodies and it's usually always either a legendary bar / mythic recipe dropping alongside gold and possibly a vanity. Wouldn't it be interesting to supplement the following entities with an introduction of possible arcane loot drops like an arcane shard or even the Level 16 arcane weapons chest since it's fittingly a Dead City themed map.

The summary of all of this is that the amount of slots given are far too little for such great amounts of efforts required to attain them, this can be very demotivating for any players morale as it's psychologically more appropriate to be rewarded with more than just a single thing after so much time being put into something. Wouldn't it be more fitting to at least add 5-10x slots as a reward for the respective entities being discussed?

Thank you for reading and take this with a grain of salt. I wish everyone a pleasant day and a fun time on Arcane Legends. :>
    +1

I did about 50 runs on event and never got anything except basic crafting components not even a recipe.
    After that, and realizing you only get 1 slot from crafting them I gave up on this event. Might as well farm pure gold and buy slots instead.

sent from the lagoon.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

We'll analyze login rewards after the expansion is out. We recently adjusted drop rates for the components for the Slot Crafting Event.

-ALS