Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: /New!/ A Central Hub town for everybody to walk on !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Exclamation /New!/ A Central Hub town for everybody to walk on !

I'd like to pitch the initiative of shaving the size of old towns to keep the lore intact but also keep it simple, less deserted (due to age understandably) and more exposure.

In the following order:

1. Kraag city.
    2. Nordr stronghold.
    3. Shuyal city.
    4. Garetta village.
    5. Glintstone city.
    6. Festerfang Outpost.
    7. Chancel of light.
    8. Vardan Valley.

This is how it'll work so far

We shave down the towns to be faster in a more linear and narrow fashion, to allow for quest NPC's to hand out quests but also allow for many new players to meet each other in a single spot and party up with each other.

We will remove guild castles, eg kraag castle, garetta castle, windmoore, shuyal ect and take all of them together and transform them into one huge hub for everybody to travel to in order to turn in quests efficiently and not only that;

Klass/shazbot give elixirs correct? I think it's time to introduce a new one but for the central castle hub. This NPC lets call him/her Alex, will give out experience elixirs, mitigation, damage elixirs or even a free unlocked crate depending on certain conditions being met.
    The central hub will have connecting pathways to campaign maps, i pitched to be shaved down to reduce the desertedness.

How will this benefit new players you ask? Good question.

Allow me to demonstrate visually & in a colourful fashion to allow for the simplification of my idea:

Name:  Simplification of my pitch.png
Views: 135
Size:  82.2 KB

Now, the cream of the crop:

All players from Arcane Legends can come here correct? They can gather around and interact with a billboard sign/a wooden post to post bounties/requests for assistance within a map for a humble sum such as 5,000 gold for example.
    Completing these requests/bounties in bulk will reward the following players with achievements such as; "Helping the apprentice" for 100 AP's.

To put up bounties you have to pay a % of tax fees that correlate with the appropriate amount of gold being added.

Thank you for reading and take this with a grain of salt. I wish everybody a great day.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

First of all, love the mockup. Second, we've had internal discussions about simplifying the hub and spoke nature of the current town system (more towns spread out the players), but there's so much content we'd have to go back and adjust. It's probably better just to work on new content.

-ALS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    First of all, love the mockup. Second, we've had internal discussions about simplifying the hub and spoke nature of the current town system (more towns spread out the players), but there's so much content we'd have to go back and adjust. It's probably better just to work on new content.

-ALS
    Thank you so much for the compliment Asommers, i really appreciate it!

I understand, there indeed is quite a lot of content to rewind so do what works best, new content is always good!