Thread: The L71 Bear Guide!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:1277357
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFortal View Post
    That's why I decided to update it, in case someone decides to twink at 71.

You're welcome.
    If that's what you meant, then it was an update. To me, it just seemed that you wanted to gloat on an outdated build.
    I would tell you what I think about what it seemed like to you, but I don't want to swear excessively. I could requote that, but it was basically a correction, since it was wrong, and you haven't updated it (yet). I don't think I can update other people's guides without their permission, thus that was a correction. Jeez no biggie just wanted to help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

zeus is 76 and i didnt even see him playing pvp maybe one or two times but gj

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I would tell you what I think about what it seemed like to you, but I don't want to swear excessively. I could requote that, but it was basically a correction, since it was wrong, and you haven't updated it (yet). I don't think I can update other people's guides without their permission, thus that was a correction. Jeez no biggie just wanted to help.
    You never responded to me bro. Let's pvp. You're obviously a pro 71 bear.

IGN: Omghaaaaaaalp [7 a's]

PL: Flawless

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sadness For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness:1278155
    You never responded to me bro. Let's pvp. You're obviously a pro 71 bear.

IGN: Omghaaaaaaalp [7 a's]
    You never asked me to fight you. Once I level my bear, let's go, but since gold bets are against ToS, let's bet our eyebrows. The loser shaves them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

You never asked me to fight you. Once I level my bear, let's go, but since gold bets are against ToS, let's bet our eyebrows. The loser shaves them.
    Sigh, wannabe plo NFL quaterback...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quantionus View Post
    zeus is 76 and i didnt even see him playing pvp maybe one or two times but gj
    I've quit PL for a long time when it started going downhill. However, I have won the official L71 bear tournament by a good margin. Ignorance isn't always bliss when it's being clouded by ego.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I've quit PL for a long time when it started going downhill. However, I have won the official L71 bear tournament by a good margin. Ignorance isn't always bliss when it's being clouded by ego.
    But tournaments above 61 (primarily for bear) don't mean much considering it's 90% luck beyond that point (71 and 76 especially). Not to mention that tournament was missing several godly bears (including me ofc)
    So...yeah...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    But tournaments above 61 (primarily for bear) don't mean much considering it's 90% luck beyond that point (71 and 76 especially). Not to mention that tournament was missing several godly bears (including me ofc)
    So...yeah...
    I think you were the only bear missing from it, besides Cloak who wasn't even PvPing that cap. However, most of the bears were playing at that time like Anajefez and Glad, who were both considered some of the best at the time.

Also, trust me, at L71 cap it was not luck. Yes, dodge was a factor, but it was not luck. I was able to prove that by multiple matches with countless bears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I think you were the only bear missing from it, besides Cloak who wasn't even PvPing that cap. However, most of the bears were playing at that time like Anajefez and Glad, who were both considered some of the best at the time.

Also, trust me, at L71 cap it was not luck. Yes, dodge was a factor, but it was not luck. I was able to prove that by multiple matches with countless bears.
    It was definitely luck. That's the reason why great bears like Glad would occasionally lose to randoms he would've destroyed any prior cap. Also the reason why random no names began to be considered great PvPers, most of which being bears.

My bear is still at 71, I continued to PvP at 71 after the cap was raised to 76. I know 71 PvP well, and luck is without a doubt the largest factor, with bears especially. Even I'll admit that lol. Look at the numbers... Just sayin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Lel, Parf end Dayveed seeten' on ay tri. A-R-G-U-I-N-G

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Lel, Parf end Dayveed seeten' on ay tri. A-R-G-U-I-N-G
    No arguing here, I'm statin' dem fax. Parth in danile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Let me be clear. Let's pvp 71 bears. We'll post pics later of match. Should be equivalent to shaving eyebrows. And it's interesting that you don't even have a 71 bear, yet you promote your build like it's the Gospel.

And Mystical, if 71 bear fights are pure luck, how do some bears have better KDRs than others. Forget boosting, some bears are just better. My 71 kills some 76 bears. Other day I killed a 3pc, founders 76 bear. That's not luck. I'd love to take Elite on, friendly match. If interested, add Omghaaaaaaalp. But, I won't hold my breath.

EDIT: I should be clear, not interested in fighting any Bow Bears. 9 beckon/9 stomp/auto, no thanks. Bring strength gear.
    Last edited by The Sadness; 09-25-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness View Post
    Let me be clear. Let's pvp 71 bears. We'll post pics later of match. Should be equivalent to shaving eyebrows. And it's interesting that you don't even have a 71 bear, yet you promote your build like it's the Gospel.

And Mystical, if 71 bear fights are pure luck, how do some bears have better KDRs than others. Forget boosting, some bears are just better. My 71 kills some 76 bears. Other day I killed a 3pc, founders 76 bear. That's not luck. I'd love to take Elite on, friendly match. If interested, add Omghaaaaaaalp. But, I won't hold my breath.

EDIT: I should be clear, not interested in fighting any Bow Bears. 9 beckon/9 stomp/auto, no thanks. Bring strength gear.
    Of course there are differences in KDs, lol. That's not a reason to say it isn't largely based on luck. People of all sorts of skill level, different builds, different circumstances, fighting styles, past PvP levels, and a million other factors come into play on that one. Most people on here will say KD doesn't matter, so that's not an argument.

What I'm saying is that a bear that knows what he's doing versus another is going to be influenced largely on luck to determine the turnout. Bears who PvPed a lot at 50 cap and 56 cap can easily see how much more dodge and luck is (or was) involved in 71 and 76 PvP. You can't argue with the numbers.

As for fighting you, I honestly haven't even had PL installed for several months, nor am I even sure I still have a Beastly set, or any 71 set for that matter. Only time I've gotten the chance to fight you was our 3v3 CTF matches with FFA vs your guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

whoever lands debuffs is the victor
    not pure luck, but when you have 70% chance of dodging and a 60% hit chance debuff, luck is a huge part of it.
    undoubtedly some are better you have to know what skills to use and win, but I don't think with the current gears stats you could even specify the top 10 beastly bears

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tHelonestud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    whoever lands debuffs is the victor
    not pure luck, but when you have 70% chance of dodging and a 60% hit chance debuff, luck is a huge part of it.
    undoubtedly some are better you have to know what skills to use and win, but I don't think with the current gears stats you could even specify the top 10 beastly bears
    Rename to tHewisestud plox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Mystical, that 3v3 match was fun. If you ever get a 71 set, let me know. I sent FR.

And hitting HS is key, there is some skill in knowing when (range) to HS. And, I'm new to pvp (2013), so I don't have the experience to speak about other levels.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness:1279372

I don't even have a bear, but you ARE going to lose. I believe 71 to be luck based, but you believe it to be skill based, so isn't it gonna be awkward if you, such a pro 71 who can take on 3 pcs bears with founders, lose to someone who just lvled up? That's why I'm willing to bet my eyebrows, I would normally have 50% chance of winning, but since I'm better than you and luck is not 100%, let's say even if it were 99% and 1% skill, I would still have over 50%, thus it's rational for me to bet my eyebrows, because I have bigger chances of winning than losing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Lol funny how this guide turned out ..

Anyways, let me share my opinion.

A lot of you older pvpers will say it's all about luck at 71 yada yada, but it's really not. Sure, sometimes randoms get lucky but hey sometimes that 9 stomp gets you yo. Despite what people say a 71 bear does take some skill, especially if you use crusher. Which imo, crusher is the better set.

Sure a more experienced bear might get killed by a random beastly bear from time to time, it happens. Honestly, I think it's BC of the 9 hs. But now with the recent nerfs a little more skill is required, but that is just my opinion. Bear fights tend to be longer now, from what I've seen, but with bear vs bear it just comes down to who'll hit hs more. You might say that I just proved you right and that's it luck, but you don't always have to dodge it. The other guy just might be out of range and bam, you get him.

The skill part of a 71 bear is knowing your range, and knowing what to do in different situations (like being pinned, what to do when low, etc.)

Vs other classes, since bears are "op" at 71, any random beastly can kill a good bird or mage. But again, with the recent nerf they can't just beckon stomp. They probably have so slash too ;p

Quote Originally Posted by NotFortal:1279540
    I don't even have a bear, but you ARE going to lose. I believe 71 to be luck based, but you believe it to be skill based, so isn't it gonna be awkward if you, such a pro 71 who can take on 3 pcs bears with founders, lose to someone who just lvled up? That's why I'm willing to bet my eyebrows, I would normally have 50% chance of winning, but since I'm better than you and luck is not 100%, let's say even if it were 99% and 1% skill, I would still have over 50%, thus it's rational for me to bet my eyebrows, because I have bigger chances of winning than losing.
    If you really think it's luck based and you really think, sorry "know", that you'll win then I'll have a go at ya too ^.^. I'd be a good warm up so you can fight Sadness, but if you're really set on using the build from up above.... you'll definitely need luck lol
    Last edited by javier995; 09-26-2013 at 03:10 AM.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to javier995 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

The ego....

I'm killing myself

laughing

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheenivie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    It was definitely luck. That's the reason why great bears like Glad would occasionally lose to randoms he would've destroyed any prior cap. Also the reason why random no names began to be considered great PvPers, most of which being bears.

My bear is still at 71, I continued to PvP at 71 after the cap was raised to 76. I know 71 PvP well, and luck is without a doubt the largest factor, with bears especially. Even I'll admit that lol. Look at the numbers... Just sayin'...
    I'm not denying there was a luck factor. However, consistency did override luck in L71 cap when the skills were L7. Anyone who PvP'd at that cap knew that.

You PvP at L71 now when the skills were raised to L9, but during the Humania cap, you barely PvP'd at 71 so I don't think you're really justified to make an opinion.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: