Thread: respec made ALL stats go down???!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default respec made ALL stats go down???!!

I started playing AL 10+ years ago and had no idea what I was doing. I was nearly level 40 when I quit.
    I came back to AL a few months ago and am now level 80. I decided to do a respec because when I played years ago I was evenly distributing my attribute points through all three classes.
    So, I did a respec, put almost everything in DEX (rogue character) with a little in STR.

ALL my stats went down! Every single stat except armor, which didn't change. How is that possible?? I figured I must have done something wrong so I did some reading on where to focus my attributes and skills and did a second respec and they ALL went down AGAIN! Literally ever single stat is lower. I don't get it... shouldn't some go up and some go down??? How do they ALL go down?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarahe484 View Post
    I started playing AL 10+ years ago and had no idea what I was doing. I was nearly level 40 when I quit.
    I came back to AL a few months ago and am now level 80. I decided to do a respec because when I played years ago I was evenly distributing my attribute points through all three classes.
    So, I did a respec, put almost everything in DEX (rogue character) with a little in STR.

ALL my stats went down! Every single stat except armor, which didn't change. How is that possible?? I figured I must have done something wrong so I did some reading on where to focus my attributes and skills and did a second respec and they ALL went down AGAIN! Literally ever single stat is lower. I don't get it... shouldn't some go up and some go down??? How do they ALL go down?????
    Can you provide screenshots or clips of the issue, please? It would be helpful in understanding what is going on here if you provide us visual aid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zfan View Post
    Can you provide screenshots or clips of the issue, please? It would be helpful in understanding what is going on here if you provide us visual aid.
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-08-25 081144.png
Views: 471
Size:  237.8 KB

Unfortunately I didn't screenshot my original stats, or my use of skill points.
    During the first respec I used 10 skill points on an ultimate which I had not previously done, so I thought that might be the issue. I did a second respec and did not choose an ultimate skill, and my stats went down even lower than they were after the first respec
    I can tell you, when I played 10+ years ago I reached level 38... During that time I was evenly distributing my attribute points between STR, DEX, and INT, not realizing classes were supposed to specialize. When I returned to the game and started to level up 40-80 I put nearly all my points on DEX.
    I don't recall how I used my skill points prior to respec but I know I didn't focus on only four skills, I think I had all the basic skills maxed, and then whatever was left over I was scattering around in Mastery and Passives without much strategy.

My original stats were:

STR: 140
    Health: 6110

DEX: 1005
    Bonus: 602%
    Dodge: 80.3%
    Critical: 40.96%
    Damage: 2557.88

INT: 314
    Mana: 3266
    DPS: 4604.19

Armor: 4319

After the first respec they dropped to:

STR: 130
    Health: 5964

DEX: 1003
    Bonus: 601%
    Dodge: 80.15%
    Critical: 40.99%
    Damage: 2552.19

INT: 306
    Mana: 3186
    DPS: 4593.95

Armor remained at 4319

Hopefully you can see screenshot of current stats, some of these are slightly higher than they were immediately after respec because I've leveled up. STR was down to 95, Health down to 5469, DEX was 988 etc.

What do I do?!?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarahe484 View Post
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-08-25 081144.png
Views: 471
Size:  237.8 KB

Unfortunately I didn't screenshot my original stats, or my use of skill points.
    During the first respec I used 10 skill points on an ultimate which I had not previously done, so I thought that might be the issue. I did a second respec and did not choose an ultimate skill, and my stats went down even lower than they were after the first respec
    I can tell you, when I played 10+ years ago I reached level 38... During that time I was evenly distributing my attribute points between STR, DEX, and INT, not realizing classes were supposed to specialize. When I returned to the game and started to level up 40-80 I put nearly all my points on DEX.
    I don't recall how I used my skill points prior to respec but I know I didn't focus on only four skills, I think I had all the basic skills maxed, and then whatever was left over I was scattering around in Mastery and Passives without much strategy.

My original stats were:

STR: 140
    Health: 6110

DEX: 1005
    Bonus: 602%
    Dodge: 80.3%
    Critical: 40.96%
    Damage: 2557.88

INT: 314
    Mana: 3266
    DPS: 4604.19

Armor: 4319

After the first respec they dropped to:

STR: 130
    Health: 5964

DEX: 1003
    Bonus: 601%
    Dodge: 80.15%
    Critical: 40.99%
    Damage: 2552.19

INT: 306
    Mana: 3186
    DPS: 4593.95

Armor remained at 4319

Hopefully you can see screenshot of current stats, some of these are slightly higher than they were immediately after respec because I've leveled up. STR was down to 95, Health down to 5469, DEX was 988 etc.

What do I do?!?!?
    All attribute points on dex, passive skills, str dex int dmg, whatever skills you like ( i prefer aim nox pierce razor build )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

unfortunately balancing needs to be applied, with very powerful weapons, it is necessary to apply these attitudes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ur missing about 20 stats after the respec prolly because you haven't used ur points on passives which give you additional stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piercekessler View Post
    Ur missing about 20 stats after the respec prolly because you haven't used ur points on passives which give you additional stats
    I used 100% of my points... so I don't know where the other stats went... that's kind of my question/issue... I did two respecs, using 100% of my points each time, and both times my character stats got worse!