Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Solution to PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Exclamation Possible Solution to PvP

Hello, I'd like to help make a suggestion (or a few) to improve PvP in Pocket Legends so that nobody will complain about "rushing."

1. Make it so that the games require more strategy rather than just fighting to the death. Ex. Capturing points to win, siege vehicles

2. Make it so that opposing teams can not communicate with each other so there is no "Go." For people who want to have a fair fight with the "Go" system, there can be special maps where the teams are able to communicate with each other.

3. Nerf the buffs. PvP-wise, this game is extremely dependent on buffs. Make more defensive cooldowns (new abilities ) that can help mitigate an enemies' burst, such as ability that gives 30% damage reduction for a limited duration when you use it. This gives a chance for people with no buffs to fight against people with them.

4. Balance the classes more. As I said above, all the classes need more defensive cooldowns.

5. Balance low level PvP. This isn't completely necessary, but make it so dungeon gear can ACTUALLY have a chance against twinks.

6. Make mid-game leaving have a consequence. Ex. If someone leaves mid-game, they have to wait 5-10 min before joining another PvP match.

7. I know this part will be hard, but make larger scale PvP matches, such as 8 vs 8, with bigger maps.

8. Make certain brackets that are set. Ex. Make a 10-15 bracket, and nothing lower or higher than 10-15 can join.

9. For winning games, there could be a special PvP currency other than gold to buy some decent PvP gear.

10. Free for All Match/Map (No Teams)

I understand it is extremely hard to balance PvE and PvP. If PvE is balanced, PvP is usually out of whack and vice versa. Fellow players, please give me feedback on these ideas. I hope they will be put into effect.
    Last edited by OverkillED; 10-10-2012 at 07:50 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OverkillED For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Bump-bumpy-bump bump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I'd rather that in a all new game, if you dont have buffs then kite your way out of it, of course its gonna take skill.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dextwinnk View Post
    I'd rather that in a all new game, if you dont have buffs then kite your way out of it, of course its gonna take skill.
    IMHO, I think StS should improve their older games instead of constantly making new ones. Soon enough there will probably be a Fairy Legends or something, and it's kinda sad because it's all about $$$.

Btw: What do you think of my other ideas?
    Last edited by OverkillED; 10-08-2012 at 03:24 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OverkillED For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I also hope the Devs see this (and don't ban me for criticism ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

I like the way it is now. Just ignore those who complains, people always complain. Forgotten weapons, getting rushed, etc. A game is for all the players' entertainment, not just one. If you don't like it, quit. No one's forcing you to stay. No offence and feel free to correct me.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    I like the way it is now. Just ignore those who complains, people always complain. Forgotten weapons, getting rushed, etc. A game is for all the players' entertainment, not just one. If you don't like it, quit. No one's forcing you to stay. No offence and feel free to correct me.
    I never said I didn't like the game, I just wanna say a few things that could make it better. There is more than one person not liking the "go" concept, rushing drama, and unbalance. I think my ideas can support what PvP is now and new concepts: "go system," and "real" PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Thank you Yich for the great idea of a no team map. Great idea! Edited.

Btw: I play WoW and there's one map with 40 people on each team

"There is no fairness in fighting. One simply cannot just tell someone to stop killing them."

^
    l
    l
    l

This is why I want no communication between opposing teams unless it is one of the 1v1 games that StS put in :P
    Last edited by OverkillED; 10-09-2012 at 03:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Firstly, No communicating seems familiar from a game somewhere. I do not agree with this. That fact that we are not allowed to speak with teammates means, potential chance to get teamed. And unable to socialize. You said speak with each other but did not mention pm'ing.
    Some of your ideas are far-fetched.
    P.s all games are/is free for all. It's just because of "go".
    Atm it is hard to balance all classes. Pallies warbirds all of this are due to stats wise.
    +We make twinks for a reason,e.g, using hard-earned gold to purchase better gears not used some pvp currency to get gear.
    Anyways good luck.
    ++I like the idea of no team matches.

Ex-Ambassador Of Alterra
    Proud member of Turbo
    Whatever, life's still gonna move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    I noticed you mentioned forgotten weapons. We all know my views on those so let's just avoid that area here. "A game is for all the players' entertainment, not just one.", I want you to try out low level and tell me where the majority lies for multiple problems listed here. Midfight leaving can be a huge problem, ask Bous for more details on that.

The "go" concept isnt going anywhere, if you rushed me without PMing me "go", id PM your teammates to sit while I teamed and spawn killed you relentlessly. larger PvP maps would be great, and id really love a 6 person, no teams all against all match.
    I wasn't trying to flamebait or anything with the ' Forgotten Weapon ' I mentioned in my post. Try out low levels? I did. Many people know me as Zealtwink, Leadus, or Renovate. Regarding the midfight leaving, do you mean that people leave when they're fighting, knowing that they're gonna lose so the opponent wouldn't get a kill? I have nothing against the 'go' concept as it is a way to improve PvP gameplay, but rushing is just part of the culture. You might team a person until he quits, but there will be new players joining PvP all the time. Also, there isn't a lot like you who have tons of friends helping you when you're getting rushed, so all they'll do is complain, complain, and complain. I don't see the point of that.

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillED View Post
    I never said I didn't like the game, I just wanna say a few things that could make it better. There is more than one person not liking the "go" concept, rushing drama, and unbalance. I think my ideas can support what PvP is now and new concepts: "go system," and "real" PvP.
    Please don't feel offended, the 'your's I mentioned in my post weren't meant to be you.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I like your suggestions, not considering suggestion about nerfing buffs.
    And also there's already 1 Vs.1 map...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Here lies another excellent thread with amazing ideas that should be implemented in game but will probably be completely ignored by most of the community and the devs as well. I'm not sure this community understands the word "variety." Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that all of these suggestions wouldn't change anything. They would simply add more versions of pvp. There will still be the current pvp system with "go" and "rush" and whatever else. These ideas suggested would only embellish the game. +1

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Solution for pvp= get thicker skin.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Aww.... Worried you're gonna get teamed or that your precious "go" might go away? Well my ideas state that people should actually have a chance if they're getting teamed, and how? This can be done by nerfing buffs/adding defensive CDs. You should be able to speak to your teammates of course but won't be able to speak to the other team. If you're unhappy with the changes if they are implemented, go play in a 1v1 map StS put in. Read the descriptions to the maps in PvP. If you don't want a real PvP war zone, then go play Dora or something where there is peace all the time and conflicts you can choose to resolve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loaden View Post
    Firstly, No communicating seems familiar from a game somewhere. I do not agree with this. That fact that we are not allowed to speak with teammates means, potential chance to get teamed. And unable to socialize. You said speak with each other but did not mention pm'ing.
    Some of your ideas are far-fetched.
    P.s all games are/is free for all. It's just because of "go".
    Atm it is hard to balance all classes. Pallies warbirds all of this are due to stats wise.
    +We make twinks for a reason,e.g, using hard-earned gold to purchase better gears not used some pvp currency to get gear.
    Anyways good luck.
    ++I like the idea of no team matches.
    And what if you like a bracket and you don't have a super rich main? I like the idea of PvP currency because:

1. PvP currency should be earned by winning games. This encourages people to win games instead of dragging them on forever or farm kills. (*cough cough* CTF).

2. Some people aren't that rich or don't have mains and like to PvP.. I know you want to be a special snowflake but you are not.

3. Encourages FFA, teamwork, and strategy to win.

I never said it would be easy... There would be a grind of winning a lot of PvP games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flacs View Post
    I like your suggestions, not considering suggestion about nerfing buffs.
    And also there's already 1 Vs.1 map...
    So you encourage... One shotting people.

"Herp Derp All I need are my buffs and press random buttons to one shot someone!"

EDIT: "OOH HERP DERP BUFFED UP ONE LIFE DRAIN 510 CRIT HERP DERP!"
    Last edited by OverkillED; 10-10-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillED View Post
    So you encourage... One shotting people.

"Herp Derp All I need are my buffs and press random buttons to one shot someone!"

EDIT: "OOH HERP DERP BUFFED UP ONE LIFE DRAIN 510 CRIT HERP DERP!"
    PvP have buffs 2 years already, nobody complain.

Its about your skills and tactics, if you're good player you can kill another player with buffs, i just know from my experience.
    If your buffs run out - run, hug trees, and etc., unless your buffs restored. Isn't it simple? Just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flacs View Post
    PvP have buffs 2 years already, nobody complain.

Its about your skills and tactics, if you're good player you can kill another player with buffs, i just know from my experience.
    If your buffs run out - run, hug trees, and etc., unless your buffs restored. Isn't it simple? Just my opinion.
    So your point is? Running around trees for your buffs: great. I do it too, but that doesn't make you any less dependent on buffs. Without buffs, the chances of you losing a fight is great, even if you are skilled. Ex. Birds without dodge buff - usually screwed.
    PvP is too buff dependent and my ideas suggest that they be nerfed and/or defensive cool-downs are added to mitigate burst by an enemies with buffs up. What you're basically saying is that people are forced to run or hide if their buffs run out, with hardly a chance to fight back until buffs are back up. To kill someone in this game without buffs requires to:

1. Outgear them

2. High Level

3. Skill

4. The Opponent Sucks

5. Combination of 3 and 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

So wut? A lot of players run around and kiting if their buffs ran out, its a strategy, even top players do that.

Okay lets imagine, if you fighting a mage for example and have buffs turned on, it takes half time of buffs restore time. You kill your opponent and run around for 10-15 sec, is it so big deal? You the first person who complain about buffs. Theres a lot of ways in situations like that, you can also just rejoin a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

And what if you're tired of the running? If you somehow stop kiting, you die. Go play WoW. You won't one shot anyone, even if you get someone in a full CC, pop all cooldowns, and try bursting someone down. You can get very close, but it's not LITERALLY globaling someone. If you hate that my changes will prevent someone from getting ROFLSTOMPED in literally one global, then cry moar; your tears will be delicious. Again, my changes suggest adding defensive cool downs. Lemme give you an example of a scenario that my ideas can imply.

You finish killing someone, and you didn't take much damage from the fight. Then someone buffs up and is gonna attack you. Your buffs run out when they buff up. You run a little, so that you can give your buffs a little recharge time. Then instead of running more, you turn around and face them, pop your defensive CDs (Ex. 50% Damage Reduction) and try to stay alive while slowly depleting their health, and then again, they can pop their defensives. 500 damage (One shot) can be reduced to about 200-250 damage. It takes skill knowing when to pop defensive CDs and buffs. I'll edit my first post to include yet another great idea for PvP: CC (Crowd Control)/stuns/fears/disorientation.

I'm sorry if these changes are implemented (which they probably won't, because StS wouldn't do it because it would take time, effort, and money), then you can't one shot someone, you have to actually have to time your CCs, buffs, and defensives.
    Last edited by OverkillED; 10-10-2012 at 07:38 AM.