Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold regulation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default Gold regulation

Hi all.
    It’s an open thread to talk about how is gold going right now with the gold loot meta that is taking ahead of everything.

Space time studio worked well trying to provide a lot of content lastly (cata + new maps) but I feel that something went wrong.
    Farming the same map again and again and again. It’s almost making players pretty braindead spammers.

The main reason about this is that among all activities provided gold farming is a little to overpowered and if we nerf it people will just completely leave it. So now the main part of the game is some boring repetitive gold farm to upgrade your gold loot, damage and speed set to farm more gold. Doesn’t it seem wrong to you?

So to make it more interesting to visit the other content than indigo cavern, elite sanctuary of secrets, elite rahabkor and hedourah without killing the hype of gold loot I would advice a daily gold cap method in each map, like 5m max gold per map per day would be decent according to me. So we would still get hyped by gold farm in gold he most broken maps but after reaching the cap we can focus on other aspects of the game. Farming something else like another map that is less efficient but still gives good gold.

It would possibly make the game more alive on all maps on one hand and it will permit to regulate the gold flowing in the game without nerfing the maps people runs.

How do you guys feel about it?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tekila For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Expansion release was a disappointment. Nothing but gold drops behind a gear check.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchback For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It's every crazy person that appears on this forum Lol

Enviado de meu M2003J15SC usando o Tapatalk
    Sorry For Party Rocking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Expansion release was a disappointment. Nothing but gold drops behind a gear check.
    I have played all maps and according yo me they are really enjoyable to run. There are some new strats and mechanics that were lacking a lot. But in terms of loot only the gold was good and indigo cavern is to efficient to run so the other maps are left aside.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tekila For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I would add elite maps that actually contain loot that we can use to craft new level 86 mythics and arcanes. The suggestion you made does not seem fair to me and will also make most high-tier gear almost useless. We might end up with people who do not aim for better gear anymore if we limit their farming.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

-1 how tf yall supposed to do 1 Billion gold loot APS, with 5m max daily?
    When portals arent even open all the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I would add elite maps that actually contain loot that we can use to craft new level 86 mythics and arcanes. The suggestion you made does not seem fair to me and will also make most high-tier gear almost useless. We might end up with people who do not aim for better gear anymore if we limit their farming.
    High gear will make you able to farm easier and more.

We just limit the exponential revenue from only one map with gold loot by adding a daily cap to not overflow the market with gold. With highest tier gear you will farm faster so more than the others with leaser let’s say if it takes 2h for some peeps to complete 5m in indigo and 1h on hedourah the one with better gold loot will complete the cap faster but will not be able to completely destroy the others incomes by spamming continuously. To optimise Their farm they will play other maps that are less efficient.

I agree with you that we would need more farmable to compensate gold income. More useful items, cool vanities and craft materials.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastKingdom View Post
    -1 how tf yall supposed to do 1 Billion gold loot APS, with 5m max daily?
    When portals arent even open all the time
    It’s not 5m daily it’s 5m per map.
    By doing all maps you would be abble to do 20m+ per day.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tekila For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It’ll take much longer.. especially those with longer maps. Just buy good gold loot awake
    Last edited by Ivezs; 09-14-2023 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tekila View Post
    It’s not 5m daily it’s 5m per map.
    By doing all maps you would be abble to do 20m+ per day.

Still really bad suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastKingdom View Post
    Still really bad suggestion
    Even if there are more farmable features?
    Beside of events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Adding a gold farm cap is too extreme. Nerfing gold drops would be better imo.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zfan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zfan View Post
    Adding a gold farm cap is too extreme. Nerfing gold drops would be better imo.
    They did.
    People complained a lot about their only activity getting nerfed.

What is really needed is content, like catacomb or new maps. But we cannot really enjoy it knowing that only one thing is the meta by far and can be spammed as much as you want.

I see people will say that I can just create my own objectives without making others method less effective. But again there is no point doing something else than braindeadly spamming the most efficient maps. (ESOS, Indigo cavern, E rahab, E hedourah)

It is even obvious that most players only play when portals are open because it’s the META. I think it’s wrong but it is just because it’s so op without a cap that you can just do it and get rich as hell. Moreover that makes the other maps than those unplayed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tekila View Post
    They did.
    People complained a lot about their only activity getting nerfed.

What is really needed is content, like catacomb or new maps. But we cannot really enjoy it knowing that only one thing is the meta by far and can be spammed as much as you want.

I see people will say that I can just create my own objectives without making others method less effective. But again there is no point doing something else than braindeadly spamming the most efficient maps. (ESOS, Indigo cavern, E rahab, E hedourah)

It is even obvious that most players only play when portals are open because it’s the META. I think it’s wrong but it is just because it’s so op without a cap that you can just do it and get rich as hell. Moreover that makes the other maps than those unplayed.

I see. I guess putting a gold cap on regular maps is fair, but putting a gold cap on portal maps would be too much IMO.
    That's because there is nothing else to farm that is efficient.

Catacombs is heavily RNG-based (bad drop rate), and I personally do not like that. I don't want to farm for hours/days to get a 'chance' to get something good.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

What i don't get of your speech is, there is already alot of content in the game. You don't like gold farming or running same map over and over? Easy, you master of your time, don't do it .-. Gold maps are closed? Farm cata, cata too hard? Run for aps, aps not your thing? Chat in some cities, style your house etc etc etc. If still you bored means what bores you is the game itself. I don't think every player of the game fulfilled every aspect of the game, otherwise we would be all top players #1

Inviato dal mio 23053RN02A utilizzando Tapatalk

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sulphurea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gold is good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

It occurs to me that we players should prolly stop making threads about inflation so sts stops making game mechanics like needing to spend money to avoid all the new traps they introduced - js

Rich ppl gonna be rich
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just find a new game srysly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

There have been threads like this before. Out of all the suggestions my favorite is the one Qua mentioned. Giving players a way to farm or loot gear or whatever it is they want. Make the older maps relevant by putting things you need in them. That way there is more then 1 way to get whatever it is you want.

Personally I think they did a good job so far with some of the new content. We can farm gold in more then one map, if that's your thing. We can get decent gear in cata even if you have to farm it with an already well geared toon. Kraken gear is good enough to run the new maps. Bosses are tough. If they did something to get more people in pvp I would actually be happy. Who knows, maybe they did by adding more 76 arcs to the game.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Gold is actually bad for the game. It strips so much content from inside the game. It also strips content from outside the game so "YouTube and twitch" this game is so bad to stream it's actually ridiculous. Think about it for a moment. Imagine uploading a 2 hour video of you farming gold. Wow So exciting....

No one here will watch someone farm gold for 4-12 hours.

But spectators in the path of exile community will watch people level to 100 over the course of 2 to 4 days.

Spectators will watch them spend hours putting points into their skill tree.

Spectators will watch them farm items that they use then to craft modifiers onto their gear.

Then when it's all said and done. When they're character is finally geared

the streamer will attempt to go kill all the hardest bosses in the game. " ATTEMPT"

This is all done in hardcore btw so if their character dies that's it. It's good game

Yes there's the normal version right that obviously has trade.

But when it's time to compete it's such a spectacle. The content is to valuable even when they have to repeat it again next season.

It's always a different out come trying to achieve crafting the best gear to attempt killing all the bosses in game. It's never the same. The gear is always different.

In comparison to arcane legends. It's not gear with the same predetermined stats and corny procs everyone gets. Sure the modifiers can make those items one of a kind. But to what extent?

gear that is crafted in path of exile is not predetermined. Only the items that are "unique" which is a item type. Those items are predetermined. You can't craft on those. You can but it comes at a risk of losing that said item.

Most Uniques in path of exile are terrible or need to be used with a specific build.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Unique_item

See arcane legends doesn't have any of that. The best content you could produce for this game is advice,housing and drama.

It's a shame the community can't see that let alone understand why is content creation so important and valuable.

I'll simplify it

path of exile the game enables the community to create content that allows for the community to grow.

Arcane legends the game disables the community from creating content that will allow the community to grow.

People might come out their face and get nasty and say " the game has seen growth since the expansion" yeah.... but for long til they realize? I'm not fooled how many of you are?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk