Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guild member builder role

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Guild member builder role

Although it was already discussed before and there seems to be no interest, I revive the topic, I demand 1 guild rank that has the same permissions as 1 officer, except that he can decorate in the guilds like the master, I also add 1 purchase option for all guild players who have the right to buy spaces for the guild, it seems silly to me that only the master can buy them (yes I understand that they can be bought in another way but the price is too exaggerated)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angelaxd For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Seems needed alot of op asf guilds with the most junky guildahall I have ever seen thats why I made and maxed out my own. But maybe give the option to a maximum of 5 builders, just so it isnt left up to 1 person. Or 2-3 (5 just looks better to my ocd)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,508 Posts

The guild master has special permissions/functionality that we don't want to give to all guild members.

We may be able to compromise by having the 'builder' be able to move the furnishings, but not add/remove them. Would that work?

-ALS

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    The guild master has special permissions/functionality that we don't want to give to all guild members.

We may be able to compromise by having the 'builder' be able to move the furnishings, but not add/remove them. Would that work?

-ALS
    That seems like a step in the right direction. Don't get me wrong I like it and I dont want to seem greedy. But I can see that still getting in the way of the purpose of the builder role, to let the builder just have access to build for the gm/ guild. It would be easier because I know from my own experience I have so many different types of furniture. That it would take alot of time for the guildmaster just to let them know what furnitures they have for them, their focus should just be trying to come up with a design to build. That way the gm who may not have that creative ability can focus on running the guild. You could give them access to look in the gms furniture log. But at the same time why not just give them access to just take it out and build it? And i geuss maybe down the line figure out a way to upgrade (for a lack of a better term) gms title/position/permission in the guild?

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,508 Posts

There are inherent system limitations you are just not aware of and I'd rather not go into details. I know it sounds easy on paper, but our system wasn't designed for letting character A have access to character B's stuff.

Riffing on just being able to move items, the guild master could just place all of the furnishings in an area [corner] of the guild hall where the builders would then have access to move them. No real coordination between the guild master and builder is needed.

-ALS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

There are inherent system limitations you are just not aware of and I'd rather not go into details. I know it sounds easy on paper, but our system wasn't designed for letting character A have access to character B's stuff.

Riffing on just being able to move items, the guild master could just place all of the furnishings in an area [corner] of the guild hall where the builders would then have access to move them. No real coordination between the guild master and builder is needed.

-ALS
    Ya that's fair enough, you guys got the birds eye view. So I'm just spit ballin. at least its something tho, I'm sure people would be greatful to have

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

-ALS
    It seems fine to me, although I would prefer to choose my own taste so as not to bother the leader.