Thread: 'Elite' loot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 'Elite' loot

Come on, you know you all want it, and elite content is the perfect vessel with which to deliver such a glorious gift!

The 'Elite' item grade.

Oh baby, it's what we've all been waiting for, and I personally promise to pee my pants and scream like a teenage girl at a Beatles concert if it gets implemented.

Anway, on to the important stuff, I'll keep it simple, I promise.

1. Frozen Nightmares (and hopefully all elite content) will take 2-3 hours to complete a full run when balanced (time will vary depending on how well the team play together).
    2. 1 elite Legendary item per person per full elite campaign run with a full group, on average - not guaranteed, drop chance of pink on final boss for a person, 20% (5*20=100%).
    3. 1 Elite item guaranteed per run, regardless how of many people in the group. The guaranteed item is then put up for rolls to the players. A dialog box appears, listing the item and it's stats, 2 buttons are available "Need" is the highest priority, anyone selecting 'Need' rolls against each other, if nobody selects 'Need', "Greed" is the next priority; those selecting greed roll against each other. The buttons automatically roll for each person from 1-100, the players do not roll manually.
    4. 1 additional Elite item dropped most of the time (1 for the whole team, not 1 per player) on average - not guaranteed. Distributed like current loot - each player having a separate drop chance. the drop chance would be 20% (5 players in a full team, 5*20=100%, this could of course vary depending on luck!)
    5. With those figures on average you would need to do 5 runs to be almost certain of winning one of the guaranteed drops, in the same 5 runs, you'd be almost certain of having an Elite item drop for you, getting an average of 1 Elite item every 2.5 runs (not literally of course - they should only drop from the last boss!) That's one Elite item every 5-7.5 hours on average (it should be this hard!).
    6. All Elite items should be unique, no prefixes and suffixes, each item design should also be unique, NEVER based on the template of an already existing item. A list of name examples is below.
    7. Elite items should be Soulbound, meaning that you cannot trade them once they have been equipped on a character (they should however still be transferable within your own account through shared stash). This would help prevent the market from being flooded, as once it's been equipped it's useless to anyone else.
    8. Elite items could become the 'item sets' STS have mentioned, but not if it means giving up unique names.
    9. Elite items should only drop for the upper level limit (30 in the case of Frozen Nightmares)
    10. You know you love it, if not the drop rate, at least the concept, and if you don't love the concept, you will feel the wrath of the teenage girl, like a security guard at a Beatles concert.

Potential Elite items.

STR
    Glaciax - 2H axe
    Chillax - 1H axe/thomahawk
    Frostreaver - 2H sword
    Cryobane - 1H longsword
    Icepick - 1H shortsword
    Icebreaker - 2H hammer
    Freezeblock - 1H hammer/mace

Fabled Frost Platemail - Chest/body armour
    Fabled Frost Barbute - Helmet
    Fabled Frost Shield - Heavy shield
    Fabled Frost Buckler - Light shield

DEX
    Icenipe (I Snipe, get it? ) - Longbow
    Chillshot - Shortbow
    Snowball - Crossbow
    Sleetshard - Talon
    Shiver - Dagger

Fabled Snowmail - Chest/body armour
    Fabled Snowmail Coif - Helmet
    Fabled Snow Guard - Wing

INT
    Icepole - Staff
    Frostfinger - Wand

Elite Frost Wraps - Robe
    Elite Frost Shroud - Hood
    Elite Frost Orb/Bangle/Bracelet - Bracer

I have only added one of each type of item (not sure if I missed any other than STR staves, which suck, and there are loads of STR item types anyway), while pinks have various types, Elite items should cover most bonuses relevant to each attribute build type for all 3 classes. Certain weapon types would add varied bonuses, 2Handers for example, focused more toward boosting damage and less on defensive bonuses.

All Elite loot should carry some H/s and M/s.

Elite gear Armour and Damage should be at higher than the current best gear values, +10% Armour/+5% Damage on STR gear, +5% Armour, +10% Damage on DEX gear, +7.5% Armour/Damage on INT gear (or some similar kind of balance).

STR Elite gear - medium Damage, high Armour, +4STR, +4HP, +4H/s, +1MP, +2M/s. +2Hit, +1Crit.
    Full set bonus - +5Armour, +4STR, +4HP, +4 H/s, +4MP, +4M/s, +4Hit, +4 Crit, +4Dodge
    DEX Elite gear - high Damage, medium Armour, +4DEX, +1HP, 2H/s, +1MP, +2M/s, +3Hit, +2Crit, +2Dodge.
    Full set bonus - +4DEX, +4HP, +4H/s, +4MP, +4M/s, +4Hit, +4Crit, +4Dodge.
    INT Elite gear - low Damage, low Armour, better bonuses, +6INT, +2HP, +2H/s, +4MP, +5M/s, +2Hit.
    Full set bonus - +4INT, +2HP, +2H/s, +4MP, +2M/s, +2Hit, +5Crit, +5Armour.

All values are only examples, and obviously may not be ideal with current game mechanics (though with an updated health/mana system, +health/mana pool and regen figures would be less of a problem).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Awesome! I like the idea.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And we fail and now you know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by λαθυιντ View Post
    And we fail and now you know!
    obviously laquint.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's one of his old accounts, not sure who it isn't banned, ignore Laquint let's stay on topic :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Omg just like wow ily guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm confused

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's alot of work, I'll need to read it again in the morning before I get it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I agree about needing M/s and H/s for elite maps. When I do it with my level 45 he's got Thoth and Isis stuff so I can run the maps and I don't need potions. For level 30 legendary items, the H/s and M/s could be 2/3rds of the stats for level 45. But so far, the only M/s and H/s items I can find are the orange croc's and burglar's things, and all of them are for significantly lower levels.

I also like the concept of soulbinding! That by itself is a suggestion worthy of its own thread. Some items, like a PL Shield, should already be soulbound. Other rare pinks maybe Whammo and Saintly Shield should be soulbound, too.

I like the idea of elite class items, but... The thing is, the legendary items are more than adequate for the standard maps. If the elite class of items were only usable on elite maps or worn in towne, that would be balanced. But if people can then take them into standard maps, it would lower the challenge. If they are limited, as I say, to elite maps and townes, then they are like badges of honor. Especially if, as you suggest, they only drop for people who beat the map at the level it was designed to be played.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

thats an awesome idea but i never have enough time to play that much..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Should icenipe be a talon or sum thing?
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talons are shorter range than Longbows though, seems to make sense that sniping would be done with a longbow.