Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why no more combo pets?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I wish I could agree but I can’t: at the time the Tri Force pet combos were patently OP. They aren’t now but they were back then.

Doing the work to make a new OP combo pet matrix sounds like a big waste of time - unless there’s been some major cultural shift where players have decided that planning, coordination and communication are worthwhile.

Has that happened?

I’d be delighted to hear “yes.” :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have to disagree. In a party, players are often told to not use the same AA as they don't stack. This is a clear indication of coordination.

In a party, everyone uses different AAs to maximize their DPS. This is basically what the tri-force combo was meant to be except combine the effects and amplify to make an even stronger effect.

Also back then, except planar Arena, there were basically no maps where only boss fights occurred. In a long run on average map (KT4 for example), it's pointless to coordinate pets even in an organized party.

But with elite portal bosses we have today, I can see the potential of pets synergy.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    507 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    I have to disagree. In a party, players are often told to not use the same AA as they don't stack. This is a clear indication of coordination.
    So if everyone was coordinating as Cinco says wasn’t happening, and - this combo effect was powerful as he says:
    Why did this combo fail?

Which is wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    So if everyone was coordinating as Cinco says wasn’t happening, and - this combo effect was powerful as he says:
    Why did this combo fail?

Which is wrong?
    The combo came when people ran "normal" dungeon maps like KM3 for example, no strategy was required back then except "kill mobs, kill boss", I think Planar Arena was the only place where you would have boss fights.

If I recall correctly, you could easily kill Planar Arena bosses without help from pets even at level 41 cap. The demand wasn't there during those times.

Also, I tried using the combo when these pets dropped after Eggzavier back then, they felt awful to use even in Planar Arena. No damage, no nothing, combo felt non-existant.

A good pet combo that gave OP stats would be amazing in portal maps like EVG, E Rahab, E Ekenta, E Mecha, Hedourah.

In short, the combo wasn't necessary back then.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk