Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Zodias Gun DoT Not Working on Ekenta boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Exclamation [BUG] Zodias Gun DoT Not Working on Ekenta boss

As the title says, the DoT works on the mobs but not on the boss. I checked the DoT on Orrick and Hydra, and it's working perfectly fine. Furthermore, please check if this is only an issue with Ekenta and not any other boss or some mobs.

Please fix this issue as soon as possible. I've spent lots of money, gold, and hours leveling this weapon, and I don't want my effort to be all for nothing. Thank you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ForumJunkie View Post
    As the title says, the DoT works on the mobs but not on the boss. I checked the DoT on Orrick and Hydra, and it's working perfectly fine. Furthermore, please check if this is only an issue with Ekenta and not any other boss or some mobs.

Please fix this issue as soon as possible. I've spent lots of money, gold, and hours leveling this weapon, and I don't want my effort to be all for nothing. Thank you.
    Don t expect old weapons be usefull more than half a year since they got release. Like zodias gun was good when elite zodias map come, one two months until kraken appear, and he got nerf after that. Like why would we keep an old weapon who can everyone can afford it, and don t sell the new one? So now every weapon, old weapon besides kraken are useless in maps. Don t ask to buff it because, think about it they won t sell the crates with kraken gear. My advice play the game and get current stuff, sell them when there is sign of new weapon/new gear added to the game better than current one, and in this way you won t have problems clearing maps, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adf View Post
    Don t expect old weapons be usefull more than half a year since they got release. Like zodias gun was good when elite zodias map come, one two months until kraken appear, and he got nerf after that. Like why would we keep an old weapon who can everyone can afford it, and don t sell the new one? So now every weapon, old weapon besides kraken are useless in maps. Don t ask to buff it because, think about it they won t sell the crates with kraken gear. My advice play the game and get current stuff, sell them when there is sign of new weapon/new gear added to the game better than current one, and in this way you won t have problems clearing maps, etc.
    This is completely irrelevant from the issue that I posted.

I am asking the devs to FIX a potential bug, NOT asking for a buff of the weapon.

Furthermore, I do appreciate your concern and your advice, but I already have the latest items in the game. The reason why I am trying out zodias spirit weapons is because I want to try and test it out myself.

Thank you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumJunkie For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This is completely irrelevant from the issue that I posted.

I am asking the devs to FIX a potential bug, NOT asking for a buff of the weapon.

Furthermore, I do appreciate your concern and your advice, but I already have the latest items in the game. The reason why I am trying out zodias spirit weapons is because I want to try and test it out myself.

Thank you.
    If they would fix the DoT of zodias gun, pretty sure many would swap to zodias gun, and kraken won t be used anymore. I remember when zodias sword deal 20m plus damage, but that was only elite zodias come, after they nerf it. Pretty sure this would happen with the kraken weapons now, since we gonna get new weapons. So now what you want, when new weapons come? To use kraken weapons all the time? Before zodias, was skratch combo, when you could use staff and gun proc to deal huge damage. Now if you use these two they don t work anymore. Imagine if kraken staff and kraken gun would stack their damage, all the maps would be way to eazy for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

If they would fix the DoT of zodias gun, pretty sure many would swap to zodias gun, and kraken won t be used anymore. I remember when zodias sword deal 20m plus damage, but that was only elite zodias come, after they nerf it. Pretty sure this would happen with the kraken weapons now, since we gonna get new weapons. So now what you want, when new weapons come? To use kraken weapons all the time? Before zodias, was skratch combo, when you could use staff and gun proc to deal huge damage. Now if you use these two they don t work anymore. Imagine if kraken staff and kraken gun would stack their damage, all the maps would be way to eazy for everyone.
    It seems you are not comprehending what I am saying above.

I am NOT asking for a buff or any of the nonsense you are saying; I am asking that developers fix the DoT (damage over time) application on Ekenta boss because it's NOT applying to him but it works on other bosses and mobs.

This IS a bug report [a.k.a something is not working, and it needs to be fixed].

I hope that made it easier for you to understand.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It seems you are not comprehending what I am saying here. I am NOT asking for a buff or any of the nonsense you are saying, I am asking that developers fix the DoT application on Ekenta boss because it's NOT applying to him but works on other bosses and mobs.

This IS a bug report [a.k.a something is not working, and it needs to be fixed].

I hope that made it easier for you to understand.
    This is like "why hyperos need many charges attacks to proc". Same with zodias gun, you need try many times to proc on ekenta. I used zodias gun, and after 5-6 charges attacks i could proc it on ekenta. The proc rate is really bad, don t compare it with kraken. Skratch gun had same proc like hyperos and zodias gun. Go proc it and tell me after how many times you could do it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Also try zodias gun on normal ekenta. Maybe they made the zodias gun for this map, and you could get high chance of proc better than elite ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Also try zodias gun on normal ekenta. Maybe they made the zodias gun for this map, and you could get high chance of proc better than elite ones.
    My guy, I tested it for both elite and normal already, and hell, even LB Ekenta and the DoT still do NOT work.

The proc activates but does NOT apply the DoT. This means it is not functioning and it needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

That is the last time I am going to explain this to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Seems he is immune to some things. Here is a comment anyways:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...75#post3670275

Type "Ekenta dot bug" in the search bar and go to the last page(Page #7). There is some discussion on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Seems he is immune to some things. Here is a comment anyways:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...75#post3670275

Type "Ekenta dot bug" in the search bar and go to the last page(Page #7). There is some discussion on it.
    Okay. This is worth entertaining than the other guy above.

Alright, after reading and searching the thread, I think this is absurd that this was intended.

I hope the developers fix this because Zod Aegis and rogues Zodias weapons can do their DoT with their Zodias weapons in this portal, but not mages.

@Futumsh @Cinco @asomners

It looks like the fireball and frost bolt DoT does not work as well. Fix it, please!

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,893 Posts

What is the exact weapon that you think isn't working on Ekenta? There's more than one 'zodias gun'.

And yes, he's immune to dots, so some things aren't intended to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    What is the exact weapon that you think isn't working on Ekenta? There's more than one 'zodias gun'.

And yes, he's immune to dots, so some things aren't intended to work.
    To clarify, I am specifically talking about the Level 76 Zodias Eating Machine Cannon.

Question for the developer team:

1. What criteria were needed for selecting which weapon/skill worked for Ekenta boss when applying DoT? I am curious about the thought process that was put into deciding this. Because the Kraken weapons DoT works, some Level 76 Spirit Zodias weapons work, too. So, I do not understand why some work and some do not. It just makes no sense in terms of a balancing standpoint/fairness. If he was immune to DoT, then make it so that ALL weapons and skills that has DoT do not work with him. Do not be selective.

2. Is it possible to change this and make him NOT immune to 'some' DoT? Because it is annoying and, again, it makes no sense. I suggest entirely removing the immunity or making it so that he IS immune to DoT. Not that half-half nonsense.

3. Last. Is this the only boss that has this mechanic?

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,893 Posts

Sorry you don't like it, but just use a different weapon if you're not happy with the results on that one. Things that are immune to dots do block the dot on that weapon, and I don't expect that to change.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post: