Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Force Hunter Bow needs slight buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Force Hunter Bow needs slight buff

First, I think the devs are doing a great job. I can see the effort put behind the new vanities, auras & the quick response to bugs & player feedback (oligarch bags/Jewel Chests & new gemstones). Thanks for that, keep it up!

I think compared to the other Arcane Force weapons, the bow is a bit underwhelming. We literally have a single target nuke kraken bow & kill aura daggers.

Not asking for a huge buff, maybe just give it the rusk force debuff like the zaarus bounty hunter bow. Or a special type of debuff that applies dot & makes marked enemy take slight bonus damage.

At the moment, the force bow is comparable to the legendary twilight expansion duskbringer bows (additional target) & with passive big stat bonus. But the damage bonus is similar to equipping the high level legendary chakrams. So in my opinion it needs something special. Hope you consider my suggestion! Thx
    Last edited by VulcaineAL; 10-27-2023 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Also the railgun perhaps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    682 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VulcaineAL View Post
    First, I think the devs are doing a great job. I can see the effort put behind the new vanities, auras & the quick response to bugs & player feedback (oligarch bags/Jewel Chests & new gemstones). Thanks for that, keep it up!

I think compared to the other Arcane Force weapons, the bow is a bit underwhelming. We literally have a single target nuke kraken bow & kill aura daggers.

Not asking for a huge buff, maybe just give it the rusk force debuff like the zaarus bounty hunter bow. Or a special type of debuff that applies dot & makes marked enemy take slight bonus % damage.

At the moment, the force bow is comparable to the legendary twilight expansion duskbringer bows (additional target) & with passive big stat bonus. But the damage bonus is similar to equipping the high level legendary chakrams. So in my opinion it needs something special. Hope you consider my suggestion! Thx
    +1

One of the drawbacks that is holding me back from getting one.

- Living in a delusional state -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

It is balanced as is.

-1 for both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ForumJunkie View Post
    It is balanced as is.

-1 for both.
    Would be interesting to hear why you're opposed to it. I listed a various reason why it's deserving of a buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Would be interesting to hear why you're opposed to it. I listed a various reason why it's deserving of a buff.
    I did give a reason. I said it's 'balanced as is'. But let me expand further.

For one, it's not really needed atm. All the force weapons have their strong points and weak points, which doesn't make one force weapon OP than the rest. This is a good thing because it's balanced.

Furthermore, STS would most likely add another weapon that has similar functions as force weapons (but better) in the near future.

I would like the developers to focus limited sources more on that than a weapon that's been released a long time ago.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

It's just a proc switch weapon. A lesser force compared to kraken bow will be better. Also proc your claws and switch to force and you will see why imo force bow is doing fine right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I did give a reason. I said it's 'balanced as is'. But let me expand further.

For one, it's not really needed atm. All the force weapons have their strong points and weak points, which doesn't make one force weapon OP than the rest. This is a good thing because it's balanced.

Furthermore, STS would most likely add another weapon that has similar functions as force weapons (but better) in the near future.

I would like the developers to focus limited sources more on that than a weapon that's been released a long time ago.
    Balanced as is? How?

3 points.

1. Kraken weapons can by itself clear hard maps in "reasonable time" which force bow can't even though they're both lv 81 Arcanes.

2. Force sword can literally wipe out half the map while the bow struggles to even hit 2 enemies when your character is running past them. The railgun can hit 3 enemies without charging which the bow requires.

3. "it's a switch weapon". Yeah ok. 100m+ for a switch weapon to amplify your proc damage when almost same can be achieved by a 15k pink chakram. If it's going to be a support weapon. It's gonna need something extra.

I don't think sts would need alot of resources to ctrl C ctrl V the rusk force burn from the bounty bow to force bow, or at least make it hit 3 enemies without charging

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imfeared View Post
    It's just a proc switch weapon. A lesser force compared to kraken bow will be better. Also proc your claws and switch to force and you will see why imo force bow is doing fine right now.
    It's a really cool wep, I wish it wasn't just a switch wep. Or if it was, give it some extra debuff to increase support capabilities. You can switch to a high level legendary chakram to achieve similar damage amp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Balanced as is? How?

3 points.

1. Kraken weapons can by itself clear hard maps in "reasonable time" which force bow can't even though they're both lv 81 Arcanes.

2. Force sword can literally wipe out half the map while the bow struggles to even hit 2 enemies when your character is running past them. The railgun can hit 3 enemies without charging which the bow requires.

3. "it's a switch weapon". Yeah ok. 100m+ for a switch weapon to amplify your proc damage when almost same can be achieved by a 15k pink chakram. If it's going to be a support weapon. It's gonna need something extra.

I don't think sts would need alot of resources to ctrl C ctrl V the rusk force burn from the bounty bow to force bow, or at least make it hit 3 enemies without charging
    1. A force bow is a switch weapon. It needs a Kraken bow proc in order for it to work. You can clear stuff faster if you use that combo. It's the same for every class with its force weapons (albeit the procs are not the same, that's because it's dictated on what class you are).

2. IMO, rogues are not supposed to be good at clearing mobs. That's the mage's or warrior's job. Your job as a rogue is to do as much damage to single targets (boss/mini boss), which the rogue class is really good at.

3. Comparing a pink to an arcane item is a wild take. Re-read the description of the force bow and its base stats and compare it to your pink weapon again. Let me know which you think will do more damage on paper if tested against LB Orrick. Send us screenshots or a video.

4. STS should hire you then, or you should apply for the developing team or balancing department since you know a lot of stuff when it comes to coding and how things need to be balanced, huh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

1. A force bow is a switch weapon. It needs a Kraken bow proc in order for it to work. You can clear stuff faster if you use that combo. It's the same for every class with its force weapons (albeit the procs are not the same, that's because it's dictated on what class you are).

2. IMO, rogues are not supposed to be good at clearing mobs. That's the mage's or warrior's job. Your job as a rogue is to do as much damage to single targets (boss/mini boss), which the rogue class is really good at.

3. Comparing a pink to an arcane item is a wild take. Re-read the description of the force bow and its base stats and compare it to your pink weapon again. Let me know which you think will do more damage on paper if tested against LB Orrick. Send us screenshots or a video.

4. STS should hire you then, or you should apply for the developing team or balancing department since you know a lot of stuff when it comes to coding and how things need to be balanced, huh?
    1. 3.

2. Doesn't matter, have you seen endgame gameplay? It's just all classes proccing everything & running past the mobs killing everything then 1 shotting the boss. I still find it fun regardless. I'd even argue that warriors with or without their ult & a kraken sword set can kill bosses faster.

3. Obviously the force bow would amp more, I didn't say it was better, I said the gap between the improvement isn't that huge, especially considering the costs.

4. Lol, why are you getting passive aggressive & butthurt? This is a FEEDBACK & suggestions area. Everyone's free to make feedback & suggestions about anything in the game. I like the force bow, I like the game & the devs. But the force bow needing a buff is my SUGGESTION. You could've just disagree with me without all the pompous rhetorics.

& Maybe they should, I used to be a game modding dev myself. Consider learning some self awareness yikes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

1. Well, if that's what you think, then I would disagree. It's a huge difference.

2. Yes, I have seen endgame gameplay. It's painfully dull, but that's subjective, and it's my opinion only. Arguing that a war does more damage with their kraken sword than a rogue with their set without war's ult is another ridiculous take of yours. But maybe I am missing something here that I am not aware of. I am interested to here more from this.

3. 1

4. It was sarcasm, and I was ridiculing your statements because I thought they were absurd. I am not butthurt at all.

And oh, you were the one who asked me to explain further. And here I am, giving you what's on my mind. And now you think I am being arrogant? Maybe accept criticism since you asked for it instead of being soft?

---

I cringe that you have to say that. No one cares that you were a 'game modding dev,' (whatever that is LOL) and if you were, saying this statement:

- does not convince me that you were. You were probably just a game CHAT moderator or something like that, acting like a big-shot. Ooof.

But again, I could be wrong. If you are more than qualified, then send an application and apply for the position. STS needs more people like you in the balancing department. I can't wait to see the changes you will add to the game to make our gameplay more appealing and fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

1. Well, if that's what you think, then I would disagree. It's a huge difference.

2. Yes, I have seen endgame gameplay. It's painfully dull, but that's subjective, and it's my opinion only. Arguing that a war does more damage with their kraken sword than a rogue with their set without war's ult is another ridiculous take of yours. But maybe I am missing something here that I am not aware of. I am interested to here more from this.

3. 1

4. It was sarcasm, and I was ridiculing your statements because I thought they were absurd. I am not butthurt at all.

And oh, you were the one who asked me to explain further. And here I am, giving you what's on my mind. And now you think I am being arrogant? Maybe accept criticism since you asked for it instead of being soft?

---

I cringe that you have to say that. No one cares that you were a 'game modding dev,' (whatever that is LOL) and if you were, saying this statement:

- does not convince me that you were. You were probably just a game CHAT moderator or something like that, acting like a big-shot. Ooof.

But again, I could be wrong. If you are more than qualified, then send an application and apply for the position. STS needs more people like you in the balancing department. I can't wait to see the changes you will add to the game to make our gameplay more appealing and fun.
    Yeah I ain't reading all that. Thanks for the input tho & glhf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Yeah I ain't reading all that. Thanks for the input tho & glhf.
    Yeah, I didn't expect you would anyway. And you're most welcome.

I will continue monitoring this post and your future posts to provide you with as many in-depth and thought-provoking responses. Thank you.

Yours kindly,

ForumJunkie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

+1
    As it is right now this weapon is just not worth it, you can get the same results more or less with the Bounty bow in a zaar set and that is only comparing it to mythic stuff, when you compare it to the other arcane force weapons the difference its just awful.

I don't know exactly what defines a "arcane" but this weapon really doesn't feel like it is arcane tbh.
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,505 Posts

These weapons have been out for a while. Now that 86 is out, we're going to focus on new weapons.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

1. 3.

2. Doesn't matter, have you seen endgame gameplay? It's just all classes proccing everything & running past the mobs killing everything then 1 shotting the boss. I still find it fun regardless. I'd even argue that warriors with or without their ult & a kraken sword set can kill bosses faster.

3. Obviously the force bow would amp more, I didn't say it was better, I said the gap between the improvement isn't that huge, especially considering the costs.

4. Lol, why are you getting passive aggressive & butthurt? This is a FEEDBACK & suggestions area. Everyone's free to make feedback & suggestions about anything in the game. I like the force bow, I like the game & the devs. But the force bow needing a buff is my SUGGESTION. You could've just disagree with me without all the pompous rhetorics.

& Maybe they should, I used to be a game modding dev myself. Consider learning some self awareness yikes
    Heh, the price of items always depend on supply and demand.

The price wouldn't be high if there was no demand for it. As the price is high, clearly people are enjoying the bow.

If you don't think it's worth the gold, simply don't buy it. Price will fall if many Rog think the same way. But as the price isn't falling, other rogues seem to be enjoying it.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I mean if you are comparing to the force sword, that weapon only gives the chance to warriors to excel and it is a little bit push to catch up to rogue and mage potential. If you buff this weapons it only make warriors be left behind by rogue and mage. I think balancing and reworking the skills of different class should be prioritize before this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    Heh, the price of items always depend on supply and demand.

The price wouldn't be high if there was no demand for it. As the price is high, clearly people are enjoying the bow.

If you don't think it's worth the gold, simply don't buy it. Price will fall if many Rog think the same way. But as the price isn't falling, other rogues seem to be enjoying it.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
    As of the time were discussing this. The price is dropping to around 85m. It's probably propped up only because it's rare. Not a lot are buying to actually use it. Just like maul & immortal corruption dag/bow & it will probably continue dropping as player try to liquidate all old weapons & hoard gold in anticipation of new 86 weapons.

In comparison, I don't see any Force railgun & swords being listed on auction. They get sniped instantly. Because people are actually using them after buying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbell View Post
    I mean if you are comparing to the force sword, that weapon only gives the chance to warriors to excel and it is a little bit push to catch up to rogue and mage potential. If you buff this weapons it only make warriors be left behind by rogue and mage. I think balancing and reworking the skills of different class should be prioritize before this.
    I don't know. I was thinking the buff I suggested would actually help support ofter class dealing more damage to the mobs u debuff with force burn.