Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion: Nerf gold income in Gauntlet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Exclamation Suggestion: Nerf gold income in Gauntlet

It does not make sense that the new portal earns less per hour than the gauntlet portal. Gauntlet's earning potential per hour is 9-13m, while Hedo lair is around 4-7m per hour (ofc, this depends on gold loot and team power). This is why the expansion is not played enough [yes, i know the devs will be adding elite and other farmable items, but that's not my point here].

I understand that the gauntlet map requires 1 of each kind of class to play it, and it must be an excellent party to last long waves, but that's easily achievable if you have the gears, friends, and knowledge of in-game mechanics.

If it's not possible to nerf the gold drops of the boss or miniboss in the gauntlet, maybe make the mobs or boss a bit tankier to slow down the runs in the gauntlet portal.

I know this thread will get a lot of hate, but keeping the economy healthy in the long run is vital.

What is the community's thought on this? A developer's comment about this issue would also be appreciated. Thank you.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ForumJunkie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

That's why not everyone can do that. You can only make those number if you can quickly find op party, wave 100+ and op goldloot. On the other side, new portal is easy and anyone with kraken can farm.
    Soon it will be nerfed since game want us to focus on latest maps.

Sent from my V2134 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xbell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Lmaooo. U calculating ezg with 1250gl but hedo with 800gl. Funnny xD

SM-A725F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Uchiha Madara For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbell View Post
    That's why not everyone can do that. You can only make those number if you can quickly find op party, wave 100+ and op goldloot.
    Yes, that's what I just said in my original post.

See below:

Quote Originally Posted by ForumJunkie View Post
    I understand that the gauntlet map requires 1 of each kind of class to play it, and it must be an excellent party to last long waves, but that's easily achievable if you have the gears, friends, and knowledge of in-game mechanics.
    ___

Quote Originally Posted by xbell View Post
    On the other side, new portal is easy and anyone with kraken can farm.
    This is not entirely true. All maps are difficult to run if you do not have the required gear, team, and knowledge to run a dungeon.

The only difference between the gauntlet and Hedo lair is that the gauntlet has a faster clearing time on each wave than the Hedo lair to earn gold.

And that's the point of this thread. I want the clearing time of the gauntlet to be slowed down so it does not earn an insane amount of gold (yes, I am okay with this).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumJunkie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Madara View Post
    Lmaooo. U calculating ezg with 1250gl but hedo with 800gl. Funnny xD

SM-A725F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    To be exact, those are average runs between 850-1335gl for both the gauntlet and hedo portal with a decent party.

I am not sure what you found humorous in my post. You must be an easily jovial individual.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumJunkie For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Bruh you are saying in hedo u earn less but its nonsense. With good pt u earn more in hedo for sure or almost equal and it is not stressfull like Ezg. If u die in hedo nothing happens, if u die in Ezg u start from beginning. I don't understand your logic at all. Please don't get jealous and take your hate from Ezg players if you can't go high waves.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrwoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwoon View Post
    Bruh you are saying in hedo u earn less but its nonsense.
    Yes, I am absolutely positive that Hedo lair earns less compared to the gauntlet portal.

With good pt u earn more in hedo for sure or almost equal and it is not stressfull like Ezg.
    Sounds like you are not even sure about that claim after you said 'for sure or almost equal' in the same sentence.

And the point of this post is not to find out which portal is more stressful than the other, the point of this post is that the gauntlet portal has a faster clearing time than Hedo to earn gold, and that needs to be fixed. There is NO denying that fact.

If u die in hedo nothing happens, if u die in Ezg u start from beginning.
    This only happens if you do not have the teamwork, the gears, or the knowledge to run the gauntlet portal. As I said, that issue is easy to avoid if you have those requirements. The same could be applied to the Hedo lair.

I don't understand your logic at all. Please don't get jealous and take your hate from Ezg players if you can't go high waves.
    No, it is I who don't understand your reasoning.

Please stop derailing the main topic of the original post. This is not about jealousy or any of that nonsense you mentioned. And please stop claiming/assuming stuff or making me feel a way that is not factual.

Learn to read and comprehend before you post something that is only based on emotion.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumJunkie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Suggestion: Nerf gold income in Gauntlet

I support every word of this gentleman. constructive criticism, concise argumentation. [mention]ForumJunkie [/mention]

With good pt u earn more in hedo for sure or almost equal and it is not stressfull like Ezg. If u die in hedo nothing happens, if u die in Ezg u start from beginning. I don't understand your logic at all. Please don't get jealous and take your hate from Ezg players if you can't go high waves.
    I don't see anything stressful in gauntlet, if you have at least two hands and are able to press the screen of your device. Take it easy amigo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FrankfurtHBF For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrankfurtHBF View Post
    I don't see anything stressful in gauntlet, if you have at least two hands and are able to press the screen of your device. Take it easy amigo
    The perspective of MrWoon playing Gauntlet on Wave 6:

Name:  sweaty-speedrunner.gif
Views: 362
Size:  527.5 KB

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumJunkie For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

XD that's why I can easily lb and u can't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

weird flex lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Uh-oh. He pulled out the "I can easily lb and u can't" move. Whatever shall I do?

With that being said, you just proved my point that you cannot read and comprehend, and base your posts only on pure sentiments without any sense of validity.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumJunkie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

1. Hedourah map is a normal one, you should wait for elite Hedourah.
    2. Gauntlet requires good gears and on Hedo you can basically farm with any kraken set and h sabra/lege sabra aa.
    3. Hedourah is legit 0IQ map with no strategy, it's basically on normal rahab/hydra level. Gauntlet requires more strategy (it's not a hard map, but you still have to know some things about it) and constant focus - 1 fail and you have to start from 0.
    4. On gauntlet you need to find 2 other ppl from different classes, on hedo any class can play in any number. Sometimes it takes even hours to find someone good for pt (not to mention you basically need to know all good rogs/wars/mages discords to pm (spam) them when you want run).
    5. If gaunt was that easy to everyone then I would run it with most wars/rogs, but unfortunately most of them are completely useless, despite trying to teach them how to run it - usually I don't run with them anymore.
    6. If your waves (even high ones) are 20s or higher then probably no one who's good on gaunt would even want to run with you.
    7. Gaunt is a map where good wars aren't discriminated by rogs and sorcs.

Btw, Hedo potential is actually higher - higher than elite rahab despite being normal map (and both of these maps have same mechanics - 3 phases of boss).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

It appears so far that most people who have responded negatively to this post are the ones who only run the gauntlet portal.

So evidently, I would expect more of a disagreement with you folks, which is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentStonoga View Post
    1. Hedourah map is a normal one, you should wait for elite Hedourah.
    Yes, I should wait until Elite Hedourah has been released (a portal that has no timeline of it actually being added anytime soon) before doing anything about this problem.

Gauntlet requires good gears and on Hedo you can basically farm with any kraken set and h sabra/lege sabra aa.
    So basically both maps require good gears for you to run smoothly. Something I've mentioned many times already above. Thank you for pointing that out.

Hedourah is legit 0IQ map with no strategy, it's basically on normal rahab/hydra level.
    That's an interesting take. When was the last time you played normal rahab/hydra? Because it is nowhere near Hedourah level. Again, another misinformation or overexaggerated claim.

4. On gauntlet you need to find 2 other ppl from different classes, on hedo any class can play in any number. Sometimes it takes even hours to find someone good for pt (not to mention you basically need to know all good rogs/wars/mages discord to spam them when you want run).
    I've mentioned that before above in my post that you need 1 of each class in order to play Gauntlet. And that's easy to find if you have the gears, the friends, and the knowledge to do so. Most OP players already have a set party to run the gauntlet portal. Only the casuals have difficulty finding a good party. I doubt you are a casual, no?

5. If gaunt was that easy to everyone then I would run it with most wars/rogs, but unfortunately most of them are completely useless, despite trying to teach them how to run it - usually I don't run with them anymore.
    I am not saying it's not easy to run the Gauntlet portal. My point of the post is that it has a faster clearing time compared to Hedo with a good party, so that needs to be fixed since that's also the reason why they nerfed Hedo to begin with, okay? Read that again until you get what I am trying to say here.

Your standards of what is useful and useless are questionable. Based on observation and what people say, you are very arrogant and rude to interact with. And I believe them fully because I've witnessed it myself in lobbies and PMs from other individuals you've interacted with (albeit some of them are in a joking manner, but most are not). Just sayin'.

6. If your waves (even high ones) are 20s or higher then probably no one who's good on gaunt would even want to run with you.
    I've formed a party (and run with them all the time) to run Gauntlet to reach higher waves. So it's not a problem for us. But that's not the point of my post.

This is:

If it's not possible to nerf the gold drops of the boss or miniboss in the gauntlet, maybe make the mobs or boss a bit tankier to slow down the runs in the gauntlet portal.
    7. Gaunt is a map where good wars aren't discriminated by rogs and sorcs.
    That is good to know. Gaunt is a map where it gave war class a sense of purpose again, and I would like to avoid it getting nerfed, but that's a separate issue and off the point of my original post.

Btw, Hedo potential is actually higher - higher than elite rahab despite being normal map (and both of these maps have same mechanics - 3 phases of boss).
    I have compared multiple sample sizes with a decent party (all Kraken players with 2.9-3k+ primary) and farmed both Elite Rahab and Hedo portal, and with 1000% certainty, I can tell you that it is NOT the same.

For example: With the party I have, 1 hedo run (the time we've spent on that run) is equivalent to us doing 2 and a half runs of Elite Rahab. With the gauntlet portal, you can get 3-4 waves completed versus 1 Elite Rahab run.

Most casuals/pubs won't see these sort of speeds in randoms or parties; only OP players do.

Furthermore, you are actually wrong about Rahab and Hedo having the same mechanics. We've tested this. If you do not burst down a Hedo phase successfully, the boss teleports and disappears and creates more phases for you to beat (sometimes it's just all over the place). There are also other bugs (I think it's a bug) with the sorcerer mastery iceball that glitches the Hedo boss for skipping a phase and making it possible to 1 shot it (but you cannot since the devs implemented a force regen HP once you hit 0 HP if you do not go through all the phases).

Of course, you probably do not know this because you live in the Gauntlet portal 24/7. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumJunkie For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It appears so far that most people who have responded negatively to this post are the ones who only run the gauntlet portal.

So evidently, I would expect more of a disagreement with you folks, which is okay.

Yes, I should wait until Elite Hedourah has been released (a portal that has no timeline of it actually being added anytime soon) before doing anything about this problem.

So basically both maps require good gears for you to run smoothly. Something I've mentioned many times already above. Thank you for pointing that out.

That's an interesting take. When was the last time you played normal rahab/hydra? Because it is nowhere near Hedourah level. Again, another misinformation or overexaggerated claim.

I've mentioned that before above in my post that you need 1 of each class in order to play Gauntlet. And that's easy to find if you have the gears, the friends, and the knowledge to do so. Most OP players already have a set party to run the gauntlet portal. Only the casuals have difficulty finding a good party. I doubt you are a casual, no?

I am not saying it's not easy to run the Gauntlet portal. My point of the post is that it has a faster clearing time compared to Hedo with a good party, so that needs to be fixed since that's also the reason why they nerfed Hedo to begin with, okay? Read that again until you get what I am trying to say here.

Your standards of what is useful and useless are questionable. Based on observation and what people say, you are very arrogant and rude to interact with. And I believe them fully because I've witnessed it myself in lobbies and PMs from other individuals you've interacted with (albeit some of them are in a joking manner, but most are not). Just sayin'.

I've formed a party (and run with them all the time) to run Gauntlet to reach higher waves. So it's not a problem for us. But that's not the point of my post.

This is:

That is good to know. Gaunt is a map where it gave war class a sense of purpose again, and I would like to avoid it getting nerfed, but that's a separate issue and off the point of my original post.

I have compared multiple sample sizes with a decent party (all Kraken players with 2.9-3k+ primary) and farmed both Elite Rahab and Hedo portal, and with 1000% certainty, I can tell you that it is NOT the same.

For example: With the party I have, 1 hedo run (the time we've spent on that run) is equivalent to us doing 2 and a half runs of Elite Rahab. With the gauntlet portal, you can get 3-4 waves completed versus 1 Elite Rahab run.

Most casuals/pubs won't see these sort of speeds in randoms or parties; only OP players do.

Furthermore, you are actually wrong about Rahab and Hedo having the same mechanics. We've tested this. If you do not burst down a Hedo phase successfully, the boss teleports and disappears and creates more phases for you to beat (sometimes it's just all over the place). There are also other bugs (I think it's a bug) with the sorcerer mastery iceball that glitches the Hedo boss for skipping a phase and making it possible to 1 shot it (but you cannot since the devs implemented a force regen HP once you hit 0 HP if you do not go through all the phases).
    Lmao they are same if you can't pass the P1 Rahab what are u gonna do? nothing !same in random rahabs , Same in hedo. And hedo drops more gold than rahab they have same mechs you are just trying to make them nerf Ezg because u can't make money like people that run Ezg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Lmao they are same if you can't pass the P1 Rahab what are u gonna do? nothing !same in random rahabs , Same in hedo. And hedo drops more gold than rahab they have same mechs you are just trying to make them nerf Ezg because u can't make money like people that run Ezg.

Name:  fpp,small,lustre,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  69.8 KBName:  Screenshot_3.png
Views: 339
Size:  484.5 KB

I can't help but imagine Pam from The Office or Sponge Bob meme when you posted this, but I digress.

Going back to the topic, I have concluded that responding to you will be a waste of energy and time. Again, I do not expect any positive input from a player who lives in Gauntlet 24/7 and runs nothing else but that map.

You've clearly overlooked the point of my post, and now you're just spouting insults and baseless claims that are not factual. Honestly, you sound like you are trying so hard to safeguard a map that you know is downright broken in terms of gold farming just because you farm your earnings there 24/7 and is now being threatened of being nerfed. ;D

I have more spine coming out and telling the public what the truth is because I care about the game and I am not greedy. For those who do not know, you can easily farm 100m+ in gauntlet far easier than the rest of the gold farming maps (usually takes longer). To be exact, I can farm 140-160m there per gauntlet cycle [(11-13 hours to be exact) that's not even the full cycle]. So no, gold is not an issue for me.

I've said these multiple times above and presented them clearly. Yes, hedo drops more gold per run, but 1 run of Hedo takes longer to do than completing multiple waves of the gauntlet (this concept also applies to Rahab). I do not know why you have a difficult time comprehending this, MrWoon.

But let me express this again, I don't expect you to understand or open your mind since you live in the Gauntlet 24/7 as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love how you're passionate about this though. Maybe it's because the gauntlet portal is closed at the moment (in the making of this post) that's why you have the time and energy to respond to me.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumJunkie For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Firstly
    I never insulted you learn how to read properly
    Secondly
    I can go and find pt in any map that I want. You are bigoted and fixated on one thing can't understand the situation properly. With an op pt u can do easy fast hedo runs (30secs)and it drops 2x of what gaunlet drops. With an op pt you can do 16-17s runs and waiting time is like in total 22+23secs. If you go random it takes long on both maps so wtf are you talking about. Stop being bigoted and just accept it.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrwoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Firstly
    I never insulted you learn how to read properly
    Secondly
    I can go and find pt in any map that I want. You are bigoted and fixated on one thing can't understand the situation properly. With an op pt u can do easy fast hedo runs (30secs)and it drops 2x of what gaunlet drops. With an op pt you can do 16-17s runs and waiting time is like in total 22+23secs. If you go random it takes long on both maps so wtf are you talking about. Stop being bigoted and just accept it.

You pointed out right: “learn how to read properly”. All these calculations you’ve provided do not match with the reality. We've tested it ourselves at every possible farming spot and concluded that the Gauntlet is the most broken map in terms of gold loot and time required. I’m not trying to convince you of changing your opinion but you do, which is already a sign to doubt your words. I highly recommend you to read the thread including our conclusions properly once again

32. The Following User Says Thank You to FrankfurtHBF For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I can go and find pt in any map that I want.

Instead of being arrogant and saying how “cool” you are make a simple math and contribute to improving gameplay and fixing current bugs. [mention]Mrwoon [/mention]

34. The Following User Says Thank You to FrankfurtHBF For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

FirstlyI never insulted you learn how to read properly
    Resulting to gaslighting now, huh? What are these then?

I don't understand your logic at all. Please don't get jealous and take your hate from Ezg players if you can't go high waves.
    Same in hedo. And hedo drops more gold than rahab they have same mechs you are just trying to make them nerf Ezg because u can't make money like people that run Ezg.
    I guess we are just going to ignore these responses (insults), huh?

Secondly
    Along with the poor reading and comprehension skills, it seems like you are also not good at counting and also an arrogant player as well. This is the only thing I've attained from this post.

Those numbers you mentioned above, is again, overexaggerated like the claims you and your buddies have made so far.

If you say Hedo is better than Gauntlet in terms of gold farming, then why don't I see more OP players playing Hedo then when the Gauntlet is open? Answer me. Why do OP players prefer Gauntlet to Hedo when both portals are open, huh? Why do players prefer Gauntlet to Rahab? Why, MrWoon? Let me tell you. It iS BeCaUsE iT EarNs MORE GoLd pEr hOuR.

Please stop hurling accusations/terms that you do not know what it means. I am not bigoted here, I am bigGOATED.

Once again, you've not contributed anything impactful with your posts on this thread. I do appreciate the free bumps. It gets the developers to see the problem and get it fixed sooner. Thank you.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumJunkie For This Useful Post: