Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion: Nerf gold income in Gauntlet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I think the main point here is that one is MORE rewarding for the effort put in than the other. Should be enough to understand.

If anything I think hendourah should get the nerf and when an elite is released then should EZG see a nerf. But I know that probably won't be a thing since there would be no one playing the 86 maps unless it's leveling even though the mini bosses on these maps do drop a fair sum of gold and is relatively easy, But that's not the point of this post and I think there's alot of factors to think about before nerfing anything regarding gold.

1. Keeping players active.
    Now this one is very obvious but when there's no diversity there's also no players. What I mean is nerfing gauntlet would force players to other contents of the game, which if it's newer content I think it's somewhat of a good idea and I'd say 50/50 between good and bad, however this is forcing Vs doing what I want/like.

2. Is it really worth it?
    Now objectively there will 100% be some nerfs in the near future (Like the reason of this post) that semi-forces players into newer contents.

But let's say there were several nerfs made that forced players into fresh content but that "fresh content" lacks content completely, what would happen? Yes I'm speaking about 86 maps that I think are so underwhelming if we compare this to zodias when it was first released zodias easily takes the cake. If gauntlet was nerfed yes I think we'd see alot of players flock to 86 maps but again, diversity. At this moment there's only 1 boss portal for 86 maps and running the maps to get this portal open is some of the most annoying contents in game in my opinion. Not to mention there's only normal maps available barely any new 86 gears, no timed lb, 1 boss portal/portal, barely any new elixirs, barely anything rewarding but gold and so on. So barely anything right now and I think it's rushed. So I say for now let's give the Devs time to flesh out the new content and in due time we'll see changes and even nerfs that some may or may not like. Like again this post here.

There's alot more factors that could get mentioned like "is it accommodating the players with underwhelming/not so Overpowered gears?" and so on but I'd rather read a short post that gets to the point instead of a super lengthy one and this post is already super lengthy and might've not gotten to the point earlier.

All in all I think it's fine how it is right now and for the "future of the game" something you made a clear point on as well, I think leaving it as is let the players do what they want would be the best option.

Nerfing left and right isn't always the solution. But I do see where you're coming from such as inflation and so on trying to get players to new contents and what not but for me and I think a few players would say it's fine as it is. "opening my mind" I think I've done well regarding opening my mind to the future of this game.

My point of view here picks up from where you mention the future of the game and not necessarily all in on gold argument.

+1 on increasing the tanky-ness of gaunt bosses though doesn't seem like a bad idea.

PS: This is cringe.
    Last edited by Chaquille; 10-29-2023 at 11:32 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaquille For This Useful Post: