Thread: Luck and How it works (It will be great if admins can help us out)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Luck and How it works (It will be great if admins can help us out)

I feel like when it comes to luck there is always confusion, made up theories and some random miss-leading information from the community. You never know who is right or wrong. I have seen an old post from 2016 that was posted by admin, but I feel like a lot has changed since then. So here are few question that are always under discussion.

1) Does luck work on opening locked crates or any other chests?

2) Luck cap 100%? or having more luck is better?

3) Does luck work on Mythic items/eggs? I heard many people re-rolled into Arcane eggs, when post says that it only works for items that are legendary or lower quality items.

4) If we take current Halloween event, Shard and Wisp are probably two rarest items that can be dropped from the boss.
    - Does luck work on shard as it it mythical item and can be re-rolled from legendary to mythical? or is Shard included on it's own category and luck does't work on it? As it was said on old post, if Arcane item drops then you are just lucky?
    - Can luck have bad affect on shard, so is it possible that shard could be re-rolled into Arcane item, which is 8 hour speed up kit? or it can not be re-rolled because it's in different category as Shard is in "Jewel" and "8h Kit is in Chest" catergory? (in Simple words, how does re-roll work on Vanities, set etc.)

5) Luck in items how does it work and does it work for Spirit XP?

If anyone have any other question that is related to luck please leave it below, so we could get confirmation from our admins. So far the only post i found was 2016 post on Luck elixirs, if anyone knows fresh posts on luck poseted by admins let us know in the commends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Luck is a chance to re roll for better loot, can be 100% not effecting on locks obviously.
    What it does, is let's say you are about to get a rare item, if you re roll you have a chance to get epic item instead.
    that's how it works up to legendary, luck does not effect on mythic / arcanes except from few exceptions from what I remember.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I’m just a random player, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
    To my knowledge, luck Dosnt work for anything except for loot dropped from mobs/bosses. As far as the event goes, I have been running with %95 luck and rerolled constantly on boss drops. When I get any myth or arcane drops they have been in addition to the legend junk weopon drop. So I’m not sure if the myth/arcane drop can reroll, but all the rorolls I have seen have been on the other item drop.
    Basically, what I’m saying, is regardless of a reroll, when I get a myth drop I still get the other drop with it. So it feels like the only thing luck is affecting us the token drops and the weopon drop from the boss. Maybe someone else can chime in with a different experience?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Justanutt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freed View Post
    Luck is a chance to re roll for better loot, can be 100% not effecting on locks obviously.
    What it does, is let's say you are about to get a rare item, if you re roll you have a chance to get epic item instead.
    that's how it works up to legendary, luck does not effect on mythic / arcanes except from few exceptions from what I remember.
    You can't reroll into a lower rarity loot than your initial item. Using luck has no disavantages except if u aim to loot lower rarities for some reason.

Edit: There is a pretty useful guide on luck and how it works along loottables and other concepts.

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

hiberian labyrinth
    Attachment 261080
    Attachment 261081

1 - luck doesnt help get better loot from crate or chest

2 - cap 100%

3 - probably works for any rarity but I'm unsure where set, spirit, heroic, and vanity fit in. Vanity I recall is after arcane, so arcane re-roll into vanity.

4 - shard is among the special loot table. No cross re-rolling between loot tables. There must be a legendary item in the special loot table, then dev must let it be re-rolled into shard. Unsure how dev programmed it so i could be wrong but i guess shard is labelled as something that can't be looted from rerolling.

5 - luck in items?? awakening/effect? works just like normal luck.

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,065 Posts

1. No.
    2. You can't have a 110% chance for something to happen. Its either 100% or 0%.
    3. Yes, but its complicated to explain. Some instances it will let you reroll a legendary into a mythic or mythic to arc but also alot of the time it won't reroll at all even if you have 100% luck.
    4. Don't think luck switches item categories, dropping a weapon and having it reroll into a chest is unheard of. So dropping a pet exp and rerolling it into a jewel I don't think is possible.
    5. It just stacks with all other luck effects. Luck is stacking from all sources.