Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback & Suggestion | Level 41 Zodias Eating Machine Cannon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Lightbulb Feedback & Suggestion | Level 41 Zodias Eating Machine Cannon

Hello everyone,

I know that the developers are done with this weapon, and the possibility of it getting a buff would be improbable. Still, I would like to give feedback about this weapon to those interested in leveling it up and using it in the future.

My base stats w/ force gun switch set:

Str: 402
    Health: 24,816
    Dex: 405
    Dodge 27.05%
    Critical 51.97%
    Int: 3034
    Bonus damage: 1,617%
    Mana: 31,340
    Damage: 15,159.53
    DPS: 17,054.47
    Armor: 6092
    Crit damage (with full proc): 105%
    BD: 65%
    ED: 35%
    Haste: 4.50%
    Reflect chance: 25%
    Using full-power stones.

Damage:

This was tested in LB Orrick. So, with these stats, I can do approximately 6m damage without any damage elixirs applied. If I use 25% + 30% damage elixir + conc elixir, I can do approximately 9m damage.

Ticks:

With a level 41 Zodias Eating Machine Cannon, I can apply the damage over time, around 8 seconds. Remember that 2-3 seconds of that is wasted because not all of your Kraken set will proc all together if you decide to use it as a proc and switch combo.

Proc rate:

The proc rate is god awful. I recommend charging the weapon instead of doing normal attacks because charged attacks procs the weapon better based on my observation and whilst testing the weapon. Or, what you can do is get lots of haste to get a lot of normal attacks in a shorter period amount of time to have better chances proc'ing the weapon.

The longest amount of normal attacks I've done until the weapon proc'ed was 12 normal attacks (so far). The average proc rate until the weapon procs is 4-8 normal attacks.

Usage:

You are best off using this weapon only in bosses since it can only hit single targets. However, I would like to inform everyone that the damage over time and the debuff do not apply to all bosses in the game. For example, Ekenta is one of the bosses who does not get debuffed, and the DoT is not applied by the zodias eating machine gun there. So keep that in mind.
    Furthermore, you are better off just using the proc of the zodias eating machine cannon and switching to your switch set to amp the damage instead of using the zodias set only because it does more damage that way.

Conclusion:

The weapon is not worth getting, and even if you use the Zodias set with it, it barely does any damage.

The only time this weapon shines is when you proc it and switch to the force switch set, but by that time, you are better off just using krak gun proc and switching to your force switch set for more damage. Or, using a hyperos zaar set is far better.

It does 3-4m less damage than a zodias aegis. It performs worse than the zodias aegis because the proc rate is worse, and it can only do single targets, and some of them (bosses/mobs) are even immune to the weapon's debuff and DoT.

Suggestion:

Again, I doubt the developers will ever touch this weapon, but if just in case they do, here are ideas I would like to suggest to make this weapon better:

1. Increase the proc rate chance.
    2. Increase the damage over time (possibly equal to a Zodias aegis or greater than it).
    3. Remove bosses' damage over time and debuff immunity. The reason why I say that is because if you make some bosses/mobs immune to debuff and DoT, then it kind of defeats the purpose of this weapon and removes the only strong point that it has and that it was supposed to do initially. This makes no sense unless the developers' goal is to force players to use current meta weapons.
    4. Increase the proc duration from 8 to 12 seconds since we waste 2-3 seconds proc'ng everything with our switch gears to make this weapon work.

Lastly, I will try and level up zodias eating machine staff and provide my feedback about it, too, once I reach level 41 on it.

I hope this is informative and useful. That will be all. Thank you!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ForumJunkie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Didn't they fix the dot on ekenta? I'm sure the dot is supposed to apply now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaAaT View Post
    Didn't they fix the dot on ekenta? I'm sure the dot is supposed to apply now
    No, it was never fixed. Ekenta is immune to DoT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Oh that's unfortunate. I assumed the patch on 26th Oct had fixed it:
    + Zodias Eating Machine Cannon proc dot and debuff now handle immunities separately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaAaT View Post
    Oh that's unfortunate. I assumed the patch on 26th Oct had fixed it:
    + Zodias Eating Machine Cannon proc dot and debuff now handle immunities separately.
    I thought so too, but they only applied this to Rahab.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ForumJunkie View Post
    I thought so too, but they only applied this to Rahab.
    Ah, good to know. I don't really understand why that's a thing, when kraken does dot to Ekenta, but at least they updated it for Rahab I guess.

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ForumJunkie View Post
    No, it was never fixed. Ekenta is immune to DoT.
    Will look into this.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

+1
    These weapons are absolute garbage, they are not even on par with the Mythics, being the only exception the Aegis for Warrior.
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton Mike View Post
    +1
    These weapons are absolute garbage, they are not even on par with the Mythics, being the only exception the Aegis for Warrior.
    +1 with the effort needed to craft them. + the effort you devs spent on designing them. They should be buffed to somewhere between above mythic and below arcane or something

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

With the next server (content) update, Ekenta is no longer immune to dot.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VulcaineAL View Post
    +1 with the effort needed to craft them. + the effort you devs spent on designing them. They should be buffed to somewhere between above mythic and below arcane or something
    While I would've liked eating machine weapons to be better, at this point it's too late. They already went through a lot of nerfs and buffs a while ago. Now with the new expansion and new weapons next year I doubt any more changes will be made, unless they don't work as intended.