Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: To make class-specific leaderboard vanities again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Default To make class-specific leaderboard vanities again

This thread is mostly about how mages look bad in most sets, primarily leaderboard ones for the past couple events.

I wish the team would reintroduce the class-specific vanity sets like the 2014 Halloween/Winter events for future occasions. Back then, each class had themed vanities designed to match their body shape.

Currently, the character scaling and body proportions don't work well for all classes, especially making the mage look awkward most of the time. This is why the demand and value of other classes can differ with such range, as these classes have human like anatomy and so it would normally match any set the best.

Don't force a set to mages, we all know they have no necks, have such long arms for such short legs and torso - and so more often than not are the vanities look underwhelming on mages.

I suggest to continue making alien/humanoid looking sets for mages. This is the reason the looks of the golem and ghost set is still iconic and popular to this day, as it really emphasizes on the mages body proportions.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

1000% agree some sets don't match mage as well as they do other classes (same for rogues with certain LB rewards), warriors pretty much look good in most things.

It would also just be nice to have something really unique for your class, I feel like it makes it more valuable.

Anyway +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

+1 for this some warrior and rogue vanity looks good but for mages it just looks weird sometimes there are missing details so please consider this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Agreed 100% , mages always look like they were the last to be made ! People run lbs on mage and spend most gold then their set is the cheapest .. mages lb points always highest and always cheapest sets which is unfair ! Hope we see some upgrades with mage vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Agree and I'd prefer 3 class specific vanities for the whole winter event for example than 3 seperate weekly vanities that are stretched for all classes.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

+1

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

We do still do it for some things (like the Halloween dino vanities), although those weren't LB.

I appreciate the feedback and we'll consider it, but it's a cost/manpower issue as the cost of asset creation would increase (for an event like Winter with 3 weeks, we'd have to create 9 new looks for asset X instead of 3).

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We do still do it for some things (like the Halloween dino vanities), although those weren't LB.

I appreciate the feedback and we'll consider it, but it's a cost/manpower issue as the cost of asset creation would increase (for an event like Winter with 3 weeks, we'd have to create 9 new looks for asset X instead of 3).

-ALS
    Why not revert back to how it was before and not 3 separate weeks? We get the same tier rewards anyways just 3x over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rxri_ View Post
    Why not revert back to how it was before and not 3 separate weeks? We get the same tier rewards anyways just 3x over
    There's a little more to it than just tier rewards. We strive for different things available each week for all areas, but it doesn't always work out. By resetting the leaderboard each week, players have a chance to run (and choose their week). If it ran for 3 weeks, players might not consider running at all if they're too far behind.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

-ALS
    The Dino vanities was a great example of class-specific vanities, unique look for each class and proportions were just right. And we're hoping to see this change towards the leaderboards - the events main attraction.

We're aware it would require more manpower and funds to create the designs. But that's the downside of you guys implementing this weekly based system instead of the old 3 week system with only 1 set of leaderboard rewards, tiers, locks, pets etc..

However, the team had put this change to themselves, the team decided to implement this weekly based model to its events - so the players are expecting the same standard for these events.

No offense, but its a kinda lame excuse to say that its a cost/manpower issue when the team at the same time is generating much more revenue from this weekly system. If its a bite more than you can chew scenario, then I guess its fair to revert back to the old ways, or, double down and maintain the same standard from these massive events(cause again, you guys are generating much more revenue from these events now).

Thanks for the reply though.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

True, I'd rather there be 1 version of an op (1 week) vanitie(s), then have some eh looking version of 3 re-textured suits of the same vanity. And participate in a 3 week event, which is drug out to keep players locked in. Maybe if you want to you could extend an event for 3 weeks and keep 1 lb, on the other hand, I can see that being grindy to the point of never wanting to do another event again. But to each there own.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

There's a little more too it than just tier rewards. We strive for different things available each week for all areas, but it doesn't always work out. By resetting the leaderboard each week, players have a chance to run (and choose their week). If it ran for 3 weeks, players might not consider running at all if they're too far behind.

-ALS
    Then maybe have leaderboard for 3 weeks keeping 1 lb reward which is op, and a 3 part event for everyone else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

I am curious what you guys work on because every event is the same just different vanities and pets each year. Vanities are the same just recolored.
    Instead of doing a recolored set can you do a helm vest set for 1 week a back and banner vanity for the next and a weapon vanity for the 3rd, 2 weps bow dagg, gun staff, sword aegis?
    Alot of the pets are duplicate recolors most of the time too.

3 individual lb weeks does increase plat spent on energy but if the rewards are going to be recolors and trash then whats the point of having 3 weeks, no one will run as much if the rewards are bad.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    I am curious what you guys work on because every event is the same just different vanities and pets each year. Vanities are the same just recolored.
    Instead of doing a recolored set can you do a helm vest set for 1 week a back and banner vanity for the next and a weapon vanity for the 3rd, 2 weps bow dagg, gun staff, sword aegis?
    Alot of the pets are duplicate recolors most of the time too.

3 individual lb weeks does increase plat spent on energy but if the rewards are going to be recolors and trash then whats the point of having 3 weeks, no one will run as much if the rewards are bad.
    The market is over-saturated with leaderboard sets that they don't feel special anymore. You see every second person owning a leaderboard set now.

Hence, this suggestion is actually a good change - to have leaderboard Aura's, weapons as the main reward for the other weeks.

We see developers create upto 4 aura's every event whether its a major or a recycled one. So this is evident enough to say that designing or creating a weapon/aura takes less manpower compared to a full set - and at the same time the community would be happy for a change like this instead of more recolored sets for all weeks for all classes. @asommers