Thread: 2023 Xmas Grotto Tone Down/Nerf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Post 2023 Xmas Grotto Tone Down/Nerf

Hello!

With the new introduction of the Signet @ 400% GL & 400% Gold Loot stacking sets I believe that the Grotto that will be inevitably introduced during the xmas event will break the economy even more than usual.

I understand that the devs are going to be giving us the seasonal xmas event! The game is (most likely) at almost peak players every year because of the grotto and festivities that come with it. That being said, it cannot be a copy paste of ant of the past year's grottos.

The economy would not recover from this massive increase in GL from years prior. As I talked about in my last post, inflation is already a severe issue. Introducing the same grotto as years prior with basically double the gold loot per maxxed player as last year would be devastating. The economy has nowhere near recovered from even last year's event and I fear it would topple it completely if things were implemented "as usual" this year.

The devs need to rework & nerf grotto gold dropping, increase the number of items (new/old items) and the drop rate of those items. Make grotto keys if you have to.

Please listen to this warning and keep grotto in check! It could be game breaking if a grotto nerf is not taken into consideration.
    Last edited by Estate; 11-10-2023 at 12:20 PM.

IGNs: Estate - Twinkled - Twash - Receipts
    Former IGNs: Sugar - Sugaronja - Suga - Latel

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I totally agree with this.

Not only will 3 weeks of the Grotto map break the economy. But it only really benefits the bots on game who from the get go of the event start their bot programs and will use their PC to farm this map non stop for 3 whole weeks. The amount of gold they will benefit from this event is immense, it is also very easy to tell who is botting because they start flooding the market with the rare vanity drops from the Toy Man boss, which is very hard and difficult to drop considering the drop rate for these items are low and rare.

The only problem with nerfing Grotto map is it a map that will benefit the new players of the game and give them an opportunity to gain some gold , however they do not have the best gold loot gears, or auto gold loot elixirs or even know the best and most efficient way to run the map.

So it really is catch 22

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

For what it's worth, grotto was nerfed last year (when they made the nerf to the Myx Mage 105 level gold drops). The larger gold % increase was offset pretty fairly by that nerf, in my opinion. I think the myx nerf was nearly 90% reduced, I don't recall what the gold earn rate was for grotto last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ignwizzywhite View Post
    I don't recall what the gold earn rate was for grotto last year.
    Still too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    The only problem with nerfing Grotto map is it a map that will benefit the new players of the game and give them an opportunity to gain some gold
    Make a list of one time quests for gold just like for some event items, that way everyone benefits the same.

Instead of incentivizing new players to run the map 5000 times or even bots to run it a lot, they need to increase the amount of items and the drop rates of these items in the event. Have most of these items be low to mid tier gold loot and luck items. Then decrease the gold dropped in grotto by 50% at the very least.

For example, bring every color present shield back but 2023 in the name and add small GL and Luck values. Good looking for numerous cosmetic set combos, helps new players, helps decrease the gold inflation etc.

This would have new players buying and selling upwards of 10 different unique items. This would boost the CS, player to player interaction, and would give new players incentive to farm for the small amount of gold and more items to sell/trade and use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

What's the point on better gold loot sets if everyone keeps crying to nerf gold in general in dungeons??? Just increase the goldcap so simple and it will stop dangerous and illegal trades. All logic and reason points to raising the goldcap and yet there is zero indication this simple solution will happen, stop crying about sets working as intended.
    Last edited by _Reunited_; 11-12-2023 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _Reunited_ View Post
    What's the point on better gold loot sets if everyone keeps crying to nerf gold in general in dungeons??? Just increase the goldcap so simple and it will stop dangerous and illegal trades. All logic and reason points to raising the goldcap and yet there is zero indication this simple solution will happen, stop crying about sets working as intended.
    Gold has lost its value and everything has become too expensive for those who don’t farm gold or merch. I shouldn’t be having to pay 1.2B for a SoH, or 400M for a Blue Egg. Black Dragon costs 10B and lord knows how much Fossil Egg costs. Even with a substantial gold dump the game would still be too inflated. We should of cut back on the gold farming maps, gears, and events when we were able to make 300m in 3 days back in 2019. I’m pretty sure you could go beyond that nowadays.

If anything this inflation is causing people to get scammed because of absurd prices. We might not even need to increase the gold cap either. I know StS is currently working on a project on AL that allows you to exchange gold coins into a gold bar, 100M Gold C into a 100M Gold B that I believe stacks. This would fix all of the troubles the community has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Estate View Post
    Make a list of one time quests for gold just like for some event items, that way everyone benefits the same.

Instead of incentivizing new players to run the map 5000 times or even bots to run it a lot, they need to increase the amount of items and the drop rates of these items in the event. Have most of these items be low to mid tier gold loot and luck items. Then decrease the gold dropped in grotto by 50% at the very least.

For example, bring every color present shield back but 2023 in the name and add small GL and Luck values. Good looking for numerous cosmetic set combos, helps new players, helps decrease the gold inflation etc.

This would have new players buying and selling upwards of 10 different unique items. This would boost the CS, player to player interaction, and would give new players incentive to farm for the small amount of gold and more items to sell/trade and use.
    Items like BF Wand, BF Axe, and BF daggers could kill 2 birds with one stone. Not only do we see a return of these weapons in bulk but that’s also a little extra cash on the side for the new players to sell when they eventually drop them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Gold has lost its value and everything has become too expensive for those who don’t farm gold or merch. I shouldn’t be having to pay 1.2B for a SoH, or 400M for a Blue Egg. Black Dragon costs 10B and lord knows how much Fossil Egg costs. Even with a substantial gold dump the game would still be too inflated. We should of cut back on the gold farming maps, gears, and events when we were able to make 300m in 3 days back in 2019. I’m pretty sure you could go beyond that nowadays.

If anything this inflation is causing people to get scammed because of absurd prices. We might not even need to increase the gold cap either. I know StS is currently working on a project on AL that allows you to exchange gold coins into a gold bar, 100M Gold C into a 100M Gold B that I believe stacks. This would fix all of the troubles the community has.
    This goes back to my entire thread in suggestions about fixing inflation. With this thread post I was trying to show StS a real pertinent example of why we need to fix inflation. I really hope they listen for Christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post

majority of this information was somewhat wrong.. the prices you listed were inaccurate, you could never farm 300m in a day in 2019, you couldn’t even do that in 2022 when myx farming was at its peak. gold farming has incentivized players to pve for years now and likely will for years to come, i don’t see how killing a huge aspect of this very small MMO is going to favor the players in any way other than to slow down inflation that’s already been happening for years. if STS really planned to fix this issue, they would have added more gold sinks to the game a long long time ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DollarStore View Post
    majority of this information was somewhat wrong.. the prices you listed were inaccurate, you could never farm 300m in a day in 2019, you couldn’t even do that in 2022 when myx farming was at its peak. gold farming has incentivized players to pve for years now and likely will for years to come, i don’t see how killing a huge aspect of this very small MMO is going to favor the players in any way other than to slow down inflation that’s already been happening for years. if STS really planned to fix this issue, they would have added more gold sinks to the game a long long time ago.
    Prices listed were off, but Blue egg is 300 and SoH can be even MORE than 1.2B. Making the point still stand.

The point being that Gold loot is at a drastically high level and the economy already is inflated beyond reason. Doing anything to combat this would improve the game regardless of the statistics MageFFA may have gotten wrong. Show some support for adding gold sinks when the time comes, and maybe it will happen!