Thread: Why does AUTHENTICATING window takes forever to finish?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Why does AUTHENTICATING window takes forever to finish?

Did this ever happen to you? What is the possible reason? Enlighten me, anyone? Please? I wanna resolve this before the cap.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by WinterKate; 10-17-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

The only times this has happened to me is when my internet is unstable. Is this a reoccurring problem or does it just happen now and then? Also check (if you on Ipod/Ipad) that you don't have any apps running in back ground, I have had youtube running in the background and that messes it up alot to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    The only times this has happened to me is when my internet is unstable. Is this a reoccurring problem or does it just happen now and then? Also check (if you on Ipod/Ipad) that you don't have any apps running in back ground, I have had youtube running in the background and that messes it up alot to.
    I think this happened before. I am just anxious now because I will collect my 5 day reward in 2 hours. Lol. I have re-installed and it gets stuck somewhere. No apps are running in the background. I will observe and hope that it gets fixed. Thank you buddy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

It happens to me when I am riding the bus. The 4G LTE towers seem to be too far apart. Sometimes I turn off LTE and use 3G but even so I still get connection lag. Starbucks' wifi has also gotten quite crappy, so it happens there, too. At home, however, I have a state-of-the-art wifi (unless "n" is already outmoded), and never get this message.

When STS' servers are down there is a different message. So that condition is really caused by the equipment between your device and their servers, or the lack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    It happens to me when I am riding the bus. The 4G LTE towers seem to be too far apart. Sometimes I turn off LTE and use 3G but even so I still get connection lag. Starbucks' wifi has also gotten quite crappy, so it happens there, too. At home, however, I have a state-of-the-art wifi (unless "n" is already outmoded), and never get this message.

When STS' servers are down there is a different message. So that condition is really caused by the equipment between your device and their servers, or the lack.
    That still doesn't explain why I have the same issue on my phone (as well as lag) in PL/SL/DL at home yet can play GW2 and TSW over wireless with my laptop without any lag whatsoever. Something needs optimizing, imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

I also guessed this one. I was trying to collect people's responses who had the same problem as mine, to confirm my suspicions, though. Thank you very much Snake.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Punch it.