Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
Didnt want to miss anything so you will notice my rebuttals are in red
Wrong. The complaint was about stats and not looking all the same. No need to bring in these snarky remarks like "what game have you been playing?"
Originally, people weren't even asking to get the COP as well. They were just looking to have the level 71 helm give a bonus with the armor and or old shield so that they could also have the same stats as someone who started during balefort sewers.

A majority of people are trying to maximize their stats as much as possible. If people were not so keen on maximizing stats, dragon sets would not have inflated so much. The difference between crafted gear and uncrafted gear isn't THAT huge, but people are willing to grind their hearts out and pay millions of gold just for those few extra crit/hit/int/dex/whatever.

If STS put out a helm that looked like dog poo, but gave it amazing stats, a LOT of people would wear them. Maybe not in town, but definitely for PvP and many would also for PvE.

Further, everyone who can wears the top crafted gear for their class anyway and looks the same. AGAIN, this is NOT about looking the same.

There is nothing wrong with them being capable of being stacked, when everyone has access to it. They could very well include an "ear ring" slot and add stats to that as well. As long as the content is balanced with the overall power of the characters based on the gear available and everyone has access to all the gear, it is fine.

I think we can basically agree to disagree. I don't have much more to say anyway. I personally believe the entire elite vanities discussion was a case of the "haves" wanting to keep their advantage and the "have nots" wanting a balanced playing field. STS has decided to level the playing field, which I personally supported.

I believe you are now arguing to get rid of dragon vanity stats because you don't have it. If you had a set, I personally do not think you would be pushing it. You can argue against it, but I don't think you'd want to see your multi-million dollar investment turn virtually worthless. Now, you are pulling out various arguments like:
1. Everyone will look the same
2. They can't stack with rings... so they shouldn't stack with anything else...

In order to try to make it so you don't have to worry about trying to get a dragon set to be maximized for PvP. I don't believe those arguments are valid. You do. We can just agree to disagree, so I can get back to work and stop checking this thread

Now dragon sets are dropping like crazy for re-roll, so they will be quite abundant. Again, this means its going to be a level playing field, because those who want the sets have a reasonable way of getting them.

One more point-- I think if STS gets rid of dragon stats without some kind of "pivot" people will go nuts. I think people mentioned having dragon turn into a different type of ring as well with the dragon bonus stats, which would be quite reasonable. The end result of that would be that, dragons and elite bonus can't stack, however everyone gets a shot at getting the elite bonus, which is what people wanted in the first place. I think that would be fair to all.