Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Change to Pocket Legends Elite Vanity Item Set Bonuses – Introducing Legendary Rings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I think by 'many', you mean 'some'. Many of my friends have the 3 piece 'original' vanity set, and couldn't care less if its stats got removed, and that includes myself.

---

The only downside with the current solution is that plat bought rings for hardcore endgamers will be obsolete. The only way to get a stat increase is, ironically, equip a dragon vanity set.
    Yes I have all three caps on 3 of my toons. I am happy enough for the change to rings...I will enjoy breaking out of my COP, Fang Armour and shield in search of other vanities (cough cough, probably dragon). But, like you, I have bought many many different platinum rings. Seems a shame they will be obsolete. But I do understand the reasons behind it. Could I have a refund please? Or, can we recycle them for uber cool glitter sparkly rainbow rideable unicorn pet?

No longer of Eclipse

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taaralatie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taaralatie View Post
    Yes I have all three caps on 3 of my toons. I am happy enough for the change to rings...I will enjoy breaking out of my COP, Fang Armour and shield in search of other vanities (cough cough, probably dragon). But, like you, I have bought many many different platinum rings. Seems a shame they will be obsolete. But I do understand the reasons behind it. Could I have a refund please? Or, can we recycle them for uber cool glitter sparkly rainbow rideable unicorn pet?
    Or how about making our current rings craftable with the new elite ring? It could be like a one time thing, adding the stats of our favorite ring to the stats of the new elite rings. Maybe an option to 'uncraft' it if we ever decide we want other stats.

I'd settle for the unicorn pet though, but it would have to come in a manly black color

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Or how about making our current rings craftable with the new elite ring?
    Sorry sir but I demand copyright for this idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Wooooohohooooo gjjj
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i would like to take of any stats from vanitys and put into stuff like rings that we dont can see. so at endlevel we all woudnt look same wich is a bit odd.

mayb devs could look into transmoggrification possibilities so we make our own looks^^
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

so like ,,, the rin g is the one who is giving set bonuss , not the elite vanity??
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I'd settle for the unicorn pet though, but it would have to come in a manly black color
    Oh come on now Jay, you know you want a pink one...no need to be shy here. You're among friends

No longer of Eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what can we do with our platinum ring?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    Haha, you were definitely first on that one

Oh come on now Jay, you know you want a pink one...no need to be shy here. You're among friends
    Lol! Did you have to tell everyone?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nice... I love it. And a balance of "power" will have shifted

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Last I checked, plat rings are used for more than just endgame toons. I said it in another thread, I have just as many, if not more, rings as anyone else. This just allows me to keep from having to transfer rings when making new toons.

I think the community is at a point where "something" will always be wrong.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post

I don't think we think there is "something" wrong. We are, on the whole, slow to adapt to new ideas and reluctant to change.

Personally, if I came across negatively, I didn't mean to. In this case, I do believe STS have gone a long way to please everyone. And, to be honest, what's a few platinum rings in the grand scale of things? I bet I have about 20 rings...its a drop in the ocean compared to my plat spend on other items ...OK, I meant elixirs!

No longer of Eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

''Everyone started to look the same, as everyone was wearing their elite level cap vanities. There are thousands of awesome looking items in Pocket Legends and it was a shame that more didn't sport unique looks.''

''But with dragon items you have many more situations. You have those who have an armor, but no helm, or armor and helm but no pet, etc. So what happens to them?

Also, even with the huge price drops, dragon items are still the most expensive items in game, and many players (including me) have spent their entire fortunes on these sets. Now with these elite vanity rings, if you make it so I have to chose between a dragon ring or the elite ring, the stats for the elite would obviously be much higher so the dragon would become pretty useless for most end game players, and thus the sets would lose all their value.''

MAKE DRAGON SETS DISCONTINUED WITH NEW UPDATE TO GET RID OF ALL PROBLEMS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

make a new slot for special trinkets. or instead rings make necklaces.. possibilities are endless...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Riccits For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I don't think we think there is "something" wrong. We are, on the whole, slow to adapt to new ideas and reluctant to change.

Personally, if I came across negatively, I didn't mean to. In this case, I do believe STS have gone a long way to please everyone. And, to be honest, what's a few platinum rings in the grand scale of things? I bet I have about 20 rings...its a drop in the ocean compared to my plat spend on other items ...OK, I meant elixirs!
    Actually, was not targeted at you. My apologies for not clarifying. I am all for creative ideas/suggestions for potential issues. What gets to me is people who instantly comlain without one strand of thought being put into their post.

You, Ruby, and Jay have made the most sense regarding "change" in this entire thread.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    As long as we keep it civil, it's OK to state that "something is wrong" if we feel so. After all, constructive criticism is the point of these forums However, as you have stated many times, lack of basic reading comprehension skills is an issue and has ruined many discussions.

Before they allow us to register for the forum, they give us a basic maths question. Maybe they should add a reading comprehension test, too.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Ok, I understand now what you're saying, but I cannot imagine how you could possibly accomplish this. With the elite vanities it is easy since they are not tradeable or sellable or even stashable, so you just convert them to rings and you are done. But with dragon items you have many more situations. You have those who have an armor, but no helm, or armor and helm but no pet, etc. So what happens to them?

Also, even with the huge price drops, dragon items are still the most expensive items in game, and many players (including me) have spent their entire fortunes on these sets. Now with these elite vanity rings, if you make it so I have to chose between a dragon ring or the elite ring, the stats for the elite would obviously be much higher so the dragon would become pretty useless for most end game players, and thus the sets would lose all their value.

The issues you mentioned in your opening post about newer players not being able to get the old vanities was indeed an issue. By changing to this new ring system, you have leveled the playing field for new players. With dragon sets, I don't see a need to change anything. Any player, new or old, can get a dragon set whether by farming or by saving up enough gold to buy it. These are the elite items that players work hard to get over a long period of time. Making it so end game players would not use them would ruin the PL economy.
    I don't agree making dragon set bonus into another ring, everyone has the change to farm or buy dragon sets which the loot rate is high!
    What's the problem stacking elite vanity bonus with dragon set bonus? Everyone gets the same chance! It's fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

There is no such thing as perfection, my friends ...

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Btw, making the dragon set bonus into a ring could lead to a fatal effect to the dragon set prices! Coz you don't have to own the set, you can simply borrow the set from a friend and take the ring!

If the dragon set bonus becomes a ring, no one gonna buy or farm the dragon sets, you just need to borrow it for the quest and the dragon sets would become trash.
    Last edited by Jsaieagle; 10-18-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    As long as we keep it civil, it's OK to state that "something is wrong" if we feel so. After all, constructive criticism is the point of these forums However, as you have stated many times, lack of basic reading comprehension skills is an issue and has ruined many discussions.

Before they allow us to register for the forum, they give us a basic maths question. Maybe they should add a reading comprehension test, too.
    I completely agree, my friend. But I also think criticism should have depth to it as well as civility.

And don't get me started on reading comprehension.... uggh.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post: