Thread: Where my dragon slayas at?

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default Where my dragon slayas at?

This thread is to discuss the red dragon. If you have not seen him, he is huge, breathes fire, and drops with about 10 fireball shooting guys. Oh, and he loves to wipe parties. If you have killed him, what's your strategies? If not, how far have you gotten? My theory is that if you can kill the fireball guys, you should be able to time the fire breath.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Had a group of 3. Two birds and a bear. We just dpsed him down. The aoe attacks killed about half the mobs. Just do a semi kite. No pinks though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Turns out my first team died of fright. The second time around my team actually attacked, and he really was not that hard at all. Just need enough players to disperse the damage.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

First time around, we absolutely owned him, no trouble at all. Me, energywave, mastermicah and 2 randoms (I think). But since then I haven't killed him
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Is it just me, or is anyone else unable to hold a target on him? I'll target him and start firing away, and then a couple seconds later I find myself targeted at one of the mob minions instead and I have to re-tap to establish target on the dragon. Is this supposed to happen (like an "untarget" boss skill or something), a glitch, or am I just an idiot?

Kudos to STS, that dragon is pretty cool looking!
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else unable to hold a target on him? I'll target him and start firing away, and then a couple seconds later I find myself targeted at one of the mob minions instead and I have to re-tap to establish target on the dragon. Is this supposed to happen (like an "untarget" boss skill or something), a glitch, or am I just an idiot?

Kudos to STS, that dragon is pretty cool looking!
    Same problem here Mac
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I got this untarget problem to.
    <Polish Legends Facebook>
    PL: Gibol, Gibolek, Gibolmag, Gibolol, Gibololo, GibolRanger
    AL: Gibol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else unable to hold a target on him? I'll target him and start firing away, and then a couple seconds later I find myself targeted at one of the mob minions instead and I have to re-tap to establish target on the dragon. Is this supposed to happen (like an "untarget" boss skill
    The dragon flies off periodically, making all lose target lock on him. This is really the key to the whole battle...just targeting him to unload damage on him. If he didn't have a way to make us lose target he'd have very little chance. IMO, this is a BS way to make a battle hard, by making the boss nearly impossible to target. It's like a giant, spammy game of whack-a-mole trying to pick out the boss from the piles of other guys so you can actually kill him. Once you do get lucky enough to target him, you can do a good job unloading damage on him. It's not that long a battle.

I think there's probably some good strategy around having a bear or two near the edges pulling the minions away so you can actually click the boss to target him. I haven't been able to pull it off effectively yet though.