Thread: *cough cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default *cough cough*

Elite cap doesnt feel elite anymore.

Y'all must think "aww man not one o these again" but hear me out:

Level 70 to 75 takes around 65k xp + 100k if theyre capping. That takes way too much time and money for the people who actually have a life and are the "middle class" peeps or the youth playing pl who cant afford platinum. The xp rate is worse than humania (figure why people farm magic castle?) and the mobs and time is not worth it to farm xp in BSM. The majority of people who do lvl up in BSM are the peeps who are plat rich and can blow plat for thrashers. The bosses and mobs dont require much strategy (especially in dragons nest) just thrashers

If u were too lazy to read the writing heres a brief summary:

1. Too much xp requirement to get to 70-75

2. Xp rate is too slow not like sandbar runs...

3. Mobs and bosses a lil bit OP (this is not the main problem however)

4. Almost no strategy required for bosses and mobs.

5. Cant try to level up in BSM unless u have an elixir. Elixirs and platinum is taking over the 'once was' free to play PL...

Ok here are my suggestions and improvements for them in order:

1. Nerf it! plssss techno we need your help. I know it would be a bummer for the people who already capped as they grinded more xp but do what needs to be done.

2. I dont really know tbh but maybe lower the armor/health of mobs so clear time is faster so we get xp as fast as sandbar.

3. Reduce armor/health ^^^

4. Have an elite factor like no potions allowed when killing red dragon that would get teamwork going.

5. 1,2 and 3 + dev power combined would solve this

To finish off (if u still dont understand) let me quote a fellow forumer:
    Quote Originally Posted by j3peaz View Post
    The reward is for elites aka who has most time and/or plat. It is for those people paying their cheques. I dont have either time or plat, so i would not expect to get it myself. Am i upset that i miss out on another sweet item? Sure but not to the extent that it is going to make me poor (irl) or rage quit. This is just my opinion with my circumstances. Personally im waiting for the halloween event to start gl to ur grinding and plat purse
    I agree.

I just want the devs to do the 1 and 2 of my list and i think most peeps will be happy.

Also before I go, the people who are complaining about the new promo horns: cry moar plox :3.....its free! Build a bridge and get over it haha...imo they look beast on every class.

I have not intention to rant/flame/hate, just putting my opinions and suggestions down. Post your opinions and feedback! Devs and mods u too get involved guys!!

~ (a serious) Miracle
    Last edited by Bless; 10-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default *cough cough*

Probably won't be playing. There's nothing Fun about grinding 165k xp. Discouraging
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    Probably won't be playing. There's nothing Fun about grinding 165k xp. Discouraging
    don't give up but I'm probs gonna cap until the devs nerf the xp req.
    Credits to Iady

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Thats y its elite. many people have lives an still cap. I assume BSM will b here for a while so you have PLENTY of time. now if u mean its to much to do in 4 days without plat. well ye. But i assure you can level up to 76 before next release, we do get free plat offers an blessings

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LwMark For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I totally agree with you there, it's barely worth leveling to 75. The daily blessing x3 combo is awesome but still, way to much work.

And miracle, I don't think they will nerf it cause, this is what they do for a living and how they make money:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I disagree with just about everything you said, Miracle, possibly excluding the XP requirements. There's nothing OP about the bosses and mobs in Blacksmoke. If you feel you need to juice up to run these maps, that's your own opinion, but it's definitely not necessary from my perspective. Sure, you may die every now and again, but a new campaign should be harder at first. Also, if you're looking for XP, I would say the rate for Lost Valley in Blacksmoke is considerably higher than Sandbar. The mobs are fairly tightly grouped and respawn fast.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

ikr i go along wit all this

perfectg solution would b like
    make xp enable pot allowed for only lvs 1-75 so then peeople will b forced to grind for elite cap in actual dungeon lll
    (still 2 ez with thrash, 2x exp and daily elix lolol)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain:821186
    I disagree with just about everything you said, Miracle, possibly excluding the XP requirements. There's nothing OP about the bosses and mobs in Blacksmoke. If you feel you need to juice up to run these maps, that's your own opinion, but it's definitely not necessary from my perspective. Sure, you may die every now and again, but a new campaign should be harder at first. Also, if you're looking for XP, I would say the rate for Lost Valley in Blacksmoke is considerably higher than Sandbar. The mobs are fairly tightly grouped and respawn fast.
    Dude, I tried to run red dragon with 4 of my friends (71,74,74,71 and I'M 71) we had no elixirs except daily blessings (1.25 armor 1.25 combo 1.25 combo 1.25 XP 1.25 armor) and we were being wiped. I died 5 or 6 times and I'M a bear spamming my heal. The makes died 10-15 times. And we aren't noobs with crap gear. I'd say that's a lil op. And try to kill KOAL with no elixers in under 10 minutes....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by connerlee12:821233

make xp enable pot allowed for only lvs 1-75 so then peeople will b forced to grind for elite cap in actual dungeon lll

I think your saying disable XP potions for level 75+ people so they actually have to work instead of spending money so it's actually ELITE.

If so I think it's an awesome idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post

I think your saying disable XP potions for level 75+ people so they actually have to work instead of spending money so it's actually ELITE.

If so I think it's an awesome idea
    he's trying to say...Don't allow the "enable xp anywhere (5 mins)" in the 100k xp when capping. But any elixir except that is allowed. Good idea then we will know who's really epic
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain:821186
    Dude, I tried to run red dragon with 4 of my friends (71,74,74,71 and I'M 71) we had no elixirs except daily blessings (1.25 armor 1.25 combo 1.25 combo 1.25 XP 1.25 armor) and we were being wiped. I died 5 or 6 times and I'M a bear spamming my heal. The makes died 10-15 times. And we aren't noobs with crap gear. I'd say that's a lil op. And try to kill KOAL with no elixers in under 10 minutes....
    what he said
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    he's trying to say...Don't allow the "enable xp anywhere (5 mins)" in the 100k xp when capping. But any elixir except that is allowed. Good idea then we will know who's really epic
    I third this idea. I've always run in the campaign to grind to 100k. You might get good drops and you are not just grinding low level campaigns, which seems a little bit like cheating.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Probally they lower it after Monday ;-)
    Proud Co-Leader of Xplict
    Sciazaratek: lv. 75 str/dex polarbear;
    Sciazarcher : lv.71 pure dex duck ;
    Sciazmage : lv. 75 pure int enchanter ;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

This is probably one of the better suggestions I have read in awhile, nothing elite about spending tons of platinum and leveling in a dungeons 50 levels below you. I don't think it would ever happen since it would cut into there profits. They have taken out all the challenge/skills in this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

So you couldn't beat him...big deal. That means you have to work on strategy. Some of us like that challenge. Keep at it and you'll get it. I've been in many non-thrasher groups that have been able to kill him. It can be done without an extreme amount of difficulty, and obviously the more you do it/higher in level you get, the easier the fight will be. Is it foolproof? No, there's still a good chance you might die and not end up killing him, but that's why he's the BOSS. I, for one, am glad "hard" bosses are back, especially after Humania, where all the bosses could be killed easily in about 2 seconds by a bunch of level 63s.

Something you have to consider is that this campaign is intended for a range of levels. There's a progression to it. It's supposed to be difficult when you're at the beginning levels (in this case, 68-71) and still, in my opinion, be somewhat of a challenge at the higher levels (75-76) once your stats have increased and you've gotten the more powerful gear from that campaign. If everyone came into Blacksmoke at level 70-71 and could easily wipe out everything right away with their Humania gear, that would be silly and no fun.
    Last edited by McBain; 10-20-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

If they took away enable xp anywhere for 75s.. Oh gawd.. Good idea, although id probably never cap again. I never capped the "right" way, but I still think it would be cool if I was forced to or not cap at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    If they took away enable xp anywhere for 75s.. Oh gawd.. Good idea, although id probably never cap again. I never capped the "right" way, but I still think it would be cool if I was forced to or not cap at all.
    not even 56/61?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well, I won't touch on all your points....

1. I've been leveling in BSM for acouple days without elixir so I don't agree with you here. The idea that it's supposed to be fast is misguided. If you want fast, that's what elixir is for. If you aren't using elixir, it should be slow and tough.

2. The bosses you say don't require strategy? Why is it then that almost all non elixir parties get wiped? You are right about dragon nest. You only have to kill them fast. Try fighting all three at once with a non elixir party.

3. They key is, if you use elixir it will be faster and easier (no surprise right?). Otherwise it will be tougher. That's the way it's supposed to be.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Getting to 75 shouldn't be 65xp that's the same as sewer elite cap! Additionally 100k here for elite cap understandable... But for just leveling up? Not worth it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default *cough cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    If you want fast, that's what elixir is for. If you aren't using elixir, it should be slow and tough.
    I have a 2x week xp elixir, 1.5x xp daily blessing, 1.5x xp gold elixir. Per kill I get 4 xp however looking at the time it takes to clear a mob, doesn't matter if u have elixir. Also even with elixirs it takes 3-4 hours just to get 6-8k xp, like I said most people are elite but they also have a life.

Try fighting all three at once with a non elixir party.
    Been there, done that (my party had xp daily blessings but that doesn't affect killing bosses). Also I soloed the bosses.

They key is, if you use elixir it will be faster and easier (no surprise right?). Otherwise it will be tougher. That's the way it's supposed to be.
    Correct but not to the extent where you spend hours and hours on pixels, a little easier levels wouldn't hurt because if the devs are going to have around 60-65k xp for JUST L70-75 that would be work not fun, lol the L71 elite weapons took 500 ichors to do too so that wasn't very fun just running a map 1k+ times.

People are being put off by the xp requirements, plat and time taken and the op mobs (see why people are running magic castle?)

@srrylouse I've heard that techno is going to lower the xp requirements after Monday but no solid proof.
    Credits to Iady