Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Speed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Speed

Skeleton mike is absolutely right. Speed is one of if not the most defining characteristic of sts games in general. It’s a fast game. It has to be at least be on the new player experience list in some way, because after 3 or 4 months they finally realize why would I spend plat in events when I probably won’t even get to the chance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ImRandy For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

As indicated in the other closed thread, forming parties with like-minded players already exists in the game and is the best solution for players and for us as a game company (given the result of positive player friction).

Since we are not going to splitting up individual instances based on the presence of Speed equips or awakes - what is it that you're suggesting?

Thanks in advance.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

During some 'New Players Feedback' threads i have a number of times championed for basic players speed to be increased. It is incredibly slow. Painfully slow, and i dont know how some people can play like that(Try it).

Im guessing this is something like the op means, players are too fast nowadays and the newbies need some help.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

What the guy said seems reasonable, it has happened to me that they don't wait for me and they kill the boss without me both here and other events or maps in general

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

My suggestion will be... that only if they go over 500% speed do they go to another pairing list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

1+ to the op for being clever enough to appeal to the devs's pockets lol.

And Cinco, seems appropriate to respond to your ultimatum in here, Drama is the result of your lack of a real solution to the problem at hand, closing threads and muting people won't solve anything!

If I insult others is because I'm angry at them, angry at their behavior and lack of concern for what they do, I don't care if I don't look "good", they don't care about me, why would I care about them??
    All the awful players that I called out are simply a extension and a product of YOU, the developers's greedy and selfish ways shown through the game's construction.

Be mindful when creating new maps!
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton Mike View Post
    1+ to the op for being clever enough to appeal to the devs's pockets lol.

And Cinco, seems appropriate to respond to your ultimatum in here, Drama is the result of your lack of a real solution to the problem at hand, closing threads and muting people won't solve anything!

If I insult others is because I'm angry at them, angry at their behavior and lack of concern for what they do, I don't care if I don't look "good", they don't care about me, why would I care about them??
    All the awful players that I called out are simply a extension and a product of YOU, the developers's greedy and selfish ways shown through the game's construction.

Be mindful when creating new maps!
    We don't have to agree on what an insulting post does to a person's credibility.

Furthermore, I am happy to concede that I am the reason for the Speed Problem.

I hope this admission kills the potential for drama and gives this thread a chance to produce something constructive.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    As indicated in the other closed thread, forming parties with like-minded players already exists in the game and is the best solution for players and for us as a game company (given the result of positive player friction).

Since we are not going to splitting up individual instances based on the presence of Speed equips or awakes - what is it that you're suggesting?

Thanks in advance.
    I was basically just empathizing with skeleton mike who wasn’t getting much empathy from players who have obviously experienced the same thing and when plat is involved it triggers a bit of a rant because what you sell and I buy is abused by others. As for new player experience I probably don’t qualify to say, while a new player can obviously see the difference in speed he has no idea what all that speed means yet. It’s more of an end game issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

Furthermore, I am happy to concede that I am the reason for the Speed Problem.

I hope this admission kills the potential for drama and gives this thread a chance to produce something constructive.
    I wouldn’t call speed a problem it’s more of an adverse side effect to a good thing that eventually can be overcome. Parties and like minded players are the only answers for it. If I had to suggest one thing the only information about speed I get is here in these kind of threads about speed sets and x2 x4 speed etc. I can go through gear/pet stats in game and build it but don’t know which gear names to search other than haste ring and pendant and there’s no filter to search’s other than by name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

I am more interested in how they will add a system to sort out users with x speed. I mean if I equip my damage loadout with 1.25x speed before I enter then logically I will be placed with players with low speed. I can just swap to my speed set with 4.75x mvs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    I am more interested in how they will add a system to sort out users with x speed. I mean if I equip my damage loadout with 1.25x speed before I enter then logically I will be placed with players with low speed. I can just swap to my speed set with 4.75x mvs.
    I already suggested a simple setting in the options to add a bit more depth on how random groups are formed, by clicking one of many check marks that would allow the user to choose certain speed range as the rule, if you choose something faster than what you have then too bad I won't feel bad for leaving you behind and if people choose to group up with slower players just to troll them then that should be a deserved report for ruining the experience of others.

I also suggested to take preventive steps when creating event maps so that people won't rush kill things, but that always falls on deaf ears..
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I already suggested a simple setting in the options to add a bit more depth on how random groups are formed, by clicking one of many check marks that would allow the user to choose certain speed range as the rule, if you choose something faster than what you have then too bad I won't feel bad for leaving you behind and if people choose to group up with slower players just to troll them then that should be a deserved report for ruining the experience of others.

I also suggested to take preventive steps when creating event maps so that people won't rush kill things, but that always falls on deaf ears..
    So split a player base up per map based on speed? You realize connections will then begin to get worse for some due to searching for a now more limited amount of players in your desired speed range? Then report players for being "efficient" in the way they run a map because in some eyes it is too fast? Slow players can ruin fast players experience. This whole who has the right speed is all subjective.

I will say that what you said on the 2nd part is more feasible. For instance lines in the map have to be crossed by all players to spawn a mini or chest or whatever.

In the end though it seems easier to just run with a party/join a guild and find players more your "level" so all these maps wouldn't need reworked
    You could then friend these players and run with them in future events/maps
    Not starting drama or fighting just in my opinion seems the most efficient way to solve this issue

Have fun out there ,)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imfeared View Post
    So split a player base up per map based on speed? You realize connections will then begin to get worse for some due to searching for a now more limited amount of players in your desired speed range? Then report players for being "efficient" in the way they run a map because in some eyes it is too fast? Slow players can ruin fast players experience. This whole who has the right speed is all subjective.

I will say that what you said on the 2nd part is more feasible. For instance lines in the map have to be crossed by all players to spawn a mini or chest or whatever.

In the end though it seems easier to just run with a party/join a guild and find players more your "level" so all these maps wouldn't need reworked
    You could then friend these players and run with them in future events/maps
    Not starting drama or fighting just in my opinion seems the most efficient way to solve this issue

Have fun out there ,)
    The player base wouldn't split up, the "make a party to solve things" excuse can also apply for those that don't want to do random.
    And in all honestly I don't care if my suggestion doesn't pass up, but to see almost everyone in here say that it isn't a problem is absolutely BS.

Movement Speed not having a hard cap is just awful for the casual player experience and imo completely unnecessary since nothing in the game requires such high speed.
    it keeps getting worse as more and more items have fixed MS on them, on top of set bonus MS, then Awake MS and then whatever new extra item slot developers release in the future.
    Is spiraling out of control and the proof of that can be seen in this event, you will have people activate their kraken procs and then rush kill absolutely everything without looking back at the other people also trying to play the event.

To say "play solo" or "make a party" is to ignore the problem.
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The player base wouldn't split up, the "make a party to solve things" excuse can also apply for those that don't want to do random.
    And in all honestly I don't care if my suggestion doesn't pass up, but to see almost everyone in here say that it isn't a problem is absolutely BS.

Movement Speed not having a hard cap is just awful for the casual player experience and imo completely unnecessary since nothing in the game requires such high speed.
    it keeps getting worse as more and more items have fixed MS on them, on top of set bonus MS, then Awake MS and then whatever new extra item slot developers release in the future.
    Is spiraling out of control and the proof of that can be seen in this event, you will have people activate their kraken procs and then rush kill absolutely everything without looking back at the other people also trying to play the event.

To say "play solo" or "make a party" is to ignore the problem.
    I don t think you meet every single map the top lb speed runners from this game. Is totally normal that 1 out of 20-30 maps you run to meet, let just say a player who clear map fast to get to boss. Plus over 90% of those players who run the event map they do it for gold, since the drop of good loot from boss got nerfed.
    Next you are gonna say, in maps like indigo/ sanctuary of secrets is same, but in reality you can keep after others even without a ss. Just imagine all you do is run to boss, and others clear the map for you. What else you want? You don t even need to invest in op gears, and still crying lmaooo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dffleg View Post
    I don t think you meet every single map the top lb speed runners from this game. Is totally normal that 1 out of 20-30 maps you run to meet, let just say a player who clear map fast to get to boss. Plus over 90% of those players who run the event map they do it for gold, since the drop of good loot from boss got nerfed.
    Next you are gonna say, in maps like indigo/ sanctuary of secrets is same, but in reality you can keep after others even without a ss. Just imagine all you do is run to boss, and others clear the map for you. What else you want? You don t even need to invest in op gears, and still crying lmaooo
    20-30 runs is all it takes to deter me from buying the elixir and farming the event. I would love to increase my chances at farming the secret slayer set. For LB events all the speed you buy should be rewarded no problem. But all that speed has an adverse effect on the rest of the game as most everyone agrees even sts. No way anyone thinks that running to the boss and waiting for the map to be cleared is a good thing but thats one of the effects speed has. If your a speed set/gold farmer type player your opinion on how managing speed during farming events like this current one would effect the way you played the event or game in general?