Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beast vs Crush?

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Seems they are trading damage for the continued lack of hit%. It is an improvement but like already mentioned, here comes the increase in pallies/warbirds and the complaining which follows.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

470+ dps for beastly though. Hard to top.

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Seriously tho, at this rate in a few more cap like everything is gonna be one hit kills
    One dodge turns the match >.>

The armour needs like a 50 pt boost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    More concerned with the base dmg on the low-high scale. This is what effects skill damage. It is not secret that bears severely lack in skill dmg. I will gladly trade dodge for increase in armor and hit%.

Heck, my 56 mage has more skill damage than my endgame bear. Something wrong with that.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Isn't that a bit much dps fora bear? o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider:822173
    Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    More concerned with the base dmg on the low-high scale. This is what effects skill damage. It is not secret that bears severely lack in skill dmg. I will gladly trade dodge for increase in armor and hit%.

Heck, my 56 mage has more skill damage than my endgame bear. Something wrong with that.
    Bears get great skill dmg with maces...
    I think thats what this scythe appears to act as
    Seriously next cap should have same dmg and just add 60+ more armour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post

Bears could wipe a whole group of mages/birds with a simple beckon stomp.

I totally agree with Ely, damage is way to high on ALL classes. They are trying to make up for that by adding to dodge, so fights wont be over within two hits. Thus more and more luck is involved and actual skill becomes less important compared to high dodge and low ping numbers.
    The stats I've seen for the new gear seem like a step in the right direction for a better class balance, however the problem with the dmg getting more and more ridiculous each cap still exists...
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Bears could wipe a whole group of mages/birds with a simple beckon stomp.

I totally agree with Ely, damage is way to high on ALL classes. They are trying to make up for that by adding to dodge, so fights wont be over within two hits. Thus more and more luck is involved and actual skill becomes less important compared to high dodge and low ping numbers.
    The stats I've seen for the new gear seem like a step in the right direction for a better class balance, however the problem with the dmg getting more and more ridiculous each cap still exists...
    I understand what you are saying and agree with you on some of this. However, as someone who plays a bear 90% of the time, until we get more hit% while being able to be PURE, we need a boost in damage.

Here is something I thought of earlier:

We are seeing a steady implementation of offensive and defensive sets. The argument of increasing hit% on strength sets is how pallies/warbirds would rule. So why not take a page from SL and make class specific gear. Each class would have two craftable sets which provide either offensive stats or defensive stats. The gear is tailored to help maximize PURE speccing for the respective class and allows for pallies, warbirds, and even offensive bears.

This would end the constant "Strength Set OP" discussion and still allow each of the six main types of characters for play. TE could even have a discussion with a select group of PVE and PVP individuals to compile a list of ideas to perfect these sets.

IDK... just tired of playing the only class who HAS to dual spec to maximize effectiveness.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

That's a good idea, but unfortunately it's likely too large of an overhaul for PL at this point. Maybe not, I don't know.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Instead of damage being OP, just increase the health by a little, IMO.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I understand what you are saying and agree with you on some of this. However, as someone who plays a bear 90% of the time, until we get more hit% while being able to be PURE, we need a boost in damage.

We are seeing a steady implementation of offensive and defensive sets. The argument of increasing hit% on strength sets is how pallies/warbirds would rule. So why not take a page from SL and make class specific gear. Each class would have two craftable sets which provide either offensive stats or defensive stats. The gear is tailored to help maximize PURE speccing for the respective class and allows for pallies, warbirds, and even offensive bears.

This would end the constant "Strength Set OP" discussion and still allow each of the six main types of characters for play. TE could even have a discussion with a select group of PVE and PVP individuals to compile a list of ideas to perfect these sets.

IDK... just tired of playing the only class who HAS to dual spec to maximize effectiveness.
    Yesss class specific gear. I posted about this a lot in the SL forums (and unintentionally got into several arguments). I've been wanting this in PL for a while, and I'm seriously hoping that they will have it in AL. The reason why STS is in a no-win situation with gear stats is because they allow cross-class gear.
    01100100011001010111001101101111011011000110100100 10000001110111011011110111001001110011011101000010 00000110001001110101011100100110010000101110

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

The devs went for all sets being rounded for all classes this time around.. I'll go look for the quote, but it seems like they want more of a "play any stat you want" kind of thing.

Found it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    They are not better than the legendary shields, they are just different. It would be up to the person if they prefer these stat's or not. I can tell you though, the stat's are totally weird!! :P This item is used for all classes so the stat's are not specialized for any one class, as most legendary items are.
    Last edited by Zapoke; 10-21-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

This is the only MMO that I have played that does not have HP scale with level. I think that is the core problem.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kiitz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    This is the only MMO that I have played that does not have HP scale with level. I think that is the core problem.
    Very true. It makes sense to increase damage as you level as you (and your enemies) are suppose to be stronger. But when we all have the same hp at 70+ that we have at 10, there is going to be an increase in "OP" talk.

Of course, lack in armor is an issue as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

yeh hit% is a real need, i think our skill dmg is fine tho

Quote Originally Posted by Dynastu View Post
    Yesss class specific gear. I posted about this a lot in the SL forums (and unintentionally got into several arguments). I've been wanting this in PL for a while, and I'm seriously hoping that they will have it in AL. The reason why STS is in a no-win situation with gear stats is because they allow cross-class gear.
    i like the extra customization of cross class, but sadly str sets get tailored to pallies and warbirds with all the unnecessary mana regen
    a while ago i suggested hybrid sets that would req two stats or a class, and the gears stats would be based on this in order to further balance, for instance a set requiring str and avian would have reduced dmg but more mana regen than the str and ursan version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    The devs went for all sets being rounded for all classes this time around.. I'll go look for the quote, but it seems like they want more of a "play any stat you want" kind of thing.

Found it:
    I believe this is in reference to the 76 dragon egg, not all pink sets.

I switched to a warbird, the scythe has better dmg/dps than the recurve and its 1 handed..... go figure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

The scythe is way too friggin op... -_-

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid View Post
    I believe this is in reference to the 76 dragon egg, not all pink sets.

I switched to a warbird, the scythe has better dmg/dps than the recurve and its 1 handed..... go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    They are not better than the legendary shields, they are just different. It would be up to the person if they prefer these stat's or not. I can tell you though, the stat's are totally weird!! :P This item is used for all classes so the stat's are not specialized for any one class, as most legendary items are.
    Just saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Wait till it gets crafted, clear across the skies with 250 dps autoing 500+ hits every 2 seconds.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Something to consider with archers is obviously being able to attack from a distance. Extra dodge and armor is good (as is damage), but obviously you get hit much more as a warbird, whereas you take zero damage from the all the attacks that don't even reach you when you use a bow. Of course, some of the mobs have ranged attacks also, but basically that's the trade-off. Is it worth it? I don't know, I'd have to see the stats for both sets side-by-side. Can someone post the stats for a bow set?
    Last edited by McBain; 10-22-2012 at 01:49 AM.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky