Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Winter 2023 Week 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Posl View Post
    I predicated all of things that was going to happen in AL 2 years ago and everything is going pre I said nothing new to me
    -
    Game is just too predictable_ cant get excited about it
    So you are the guy they all are talking about. The one with the Time Machine.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

After more runs i've noticed this:

Event Bosses (drop rate of frostwyrm chest):
    solo (0% luck) - good drop rate
    party of 2 (5% luck as class bonus) - not big difference from solo
    party of 3 ( 10% luck as class bonus) - many re-rolls, reduced number of frostwyrm chests i can loot/ hr

Brood Boss (drop rate of frostwyrm chest):
    party of 3 (10% luck as class bonus) - many re-rolls, reduced number of frostwyrm chests i can loot/ hr

We did experiment in Brood. 25 minutes of brood with 3 players (warrior/rogue/mage) without luck sets, but with 10% luck as bonus for class. At first i was re-rolling often and i've looted only 1 frostwyrm chest. Mage friend left in half time, re-rolls stopped to be often and in remaining time i've looted 10 chests. Luck is killer of drop rate for sure.

Frostwyrm chest has good drop rate (without luck), but problem is somewhere else (many use luck). When you play solo, or in duo and adjust your set, then drops indeed are good, but players have to make changes in order to achieve this. I bet majority of random players don't know about this, and keep running with luck sets killing their drop chance for frostwyrm chest. I guess this is the reason of artifact becoming rare. Snowstorm set has 8 pieces, 7 pieces are hitting 100k-3m while artifact wasn't even in auction. To me changing raríty of chest from rare to legendary would help to bring more chests to players (because many use luck) -> more snowsilver components looted from more chests -> more and cheaper artifacts crafted -> more players with full 8/8 snowstorm set. Perhaps there can be other option (chest in vendor for tokens, snowsilver as part of vault?).
    Last edited by Marosok; 12-18-2023 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Edit: simplified

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marosok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

There is not a single snowsilver at the auction. You need 10 pieces to craft the snow artifact. Is it that rare? It is an epic-class item because of the color. Mmm, please increase the drop rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post
    Change rarity of Frostwyrm Winter Holiday Chest please, to legendary. This chest is important, it contains snowsilver material, that is needed to craft snowstorm set artifact. I have ran solo earlier today, and drop chance from event bosses for chest was actually good, but in order to get this "better" drop rate i had to get rid of luck and remove city location, so i ran with 0% luck. Now i am running with spouse and keep getting epic rarity stuff and less often Frostwyrm chest. Even this small 5% luck buff for team is causing problems. So, literally if i want more chests, i have to run solo, without spouse, without team. This goes against many times stated purpose of AL, to promote teamplay. Legendary rarity for it would be nice... Players with any % of luck can loot either this or elder wood lock from event bosses and either this chest or polar bear or elder wood lock from brood dragon. This chest is way more important, than looting 80x polar bear per brood drago portal n by using luck. On top of that, 7 set pieces are getting cheap, this artifact will be needed to complete set, and it looks like it is going to be quite rare...

Ty
    how you get luck from team?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Americanarmy View Post
    how you get luck from team?
    Hi,

it was added long time ago to the game. Each class brings +5% luck to the party, e. g: i am warrior and i invite rogue, i'll get 5% luck bonus, then i invite mage and i get another 5% luck which can't be removed. Here is update thread about it: class buffs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post
    After more runs i've noticed this:

Event Bosses (drop rate of frostwyrm chest):
    party of 3 ( 10% luck as class bonus) - many re-rolls, reduced number of frostwyrm chests i can loot/ hr

Brood Boss (drop rate of frostwyrm chest):
    party of 3 (10% luck as class bonus) - many re-rolls, reduced number of frostwyrm chests i can loot/ hr

We did experiment in Brood. 25 minutes of brood with 3 players (warrior/rogue/mage) without luck sets, but with 10% luck as bonus for class. At first i was re-rolling often and i've looted only 1 frostwyrm chest. Mage friend left in half time, re-rolls stopped to be often and in remaining time i've looted 10 chests. Luck is killer of drop rate for sure.

Frostwyrm chest has good drop rate (without luck), but problem is somewhere else (many use luck). When you play solo, or in duo and adjust your set, then drops indeed are good, but players have to make changes in order to achieve this. I bet majority of random players don't know about this, and keep running with luck sets killing their drop chance for frostwyrm chest. I guess this is the reason of artifact becoming rare. Snowstorm set has 8 pieces, 7 pieces are hitting 100k-3m while artifact wasn't even in auction. To me changing raríty of chest from rare to legendary would help to bring more chests to players (because many use luck) -> more snowsilver components looted from more chests -> more and cheaper artifacts crafted -> more players with full 8/8 snowstorm set. Perhaps there can be other option (chest in vendor for tokens, snowsilver as part of vault?).
    What is class bounusloot i never heard of it please enlighten me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_evin View Post
    The brood dragon is walking on the ground but its like the syri flying phase... Is there a way to hide the dragon so we know its flying/non targetable?

Usually when syri flies it shows on minimap as red and we know where it is but cant see/attack the dragon in game.

It is so confusing in the brood cuz the dragon is visible and shows on minimap but cant attack..cant target it with attacks. Its really confusing... Just hide the dragon and it can be considered as it flying away

Sent from my RMX3081 using Tapatalk
    Bump...

Sent from my RMX3081 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Mobs and bosses haven’t been scaled since 76
    Makes it boring to run

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

20K points is a little too high for plat tier. On average, you would need 500 runs to reach it as well as energy farming time and crafting time. For your average player who has only a couple hours to play a day it's too high. 1 day from week 1 ending and on an average random run the boss triggered is still the second or tarlok. I think the whole point of splitting the lb up into 3 weeks was so that people could focus and win just the one week as well as hitting plat easier. What you're seeing is the same people mostly winning all 3 weeks which is fine. However, it's pretty hard for the average Joe to reach plat tier in one week without hours of sacrifice. I think the titles could have been moved down to silver tier like in previous events and either less points to plat or allow anyone who didn't reach plat to roll over the points to the next week. For example if they only got 10K points in week 1, start at 10K points week 2. If they had 22K points in week 1, then reset to 0 week 2 etc. It wouldn't bother lb runners as they end up 20x points higher, but it would only benefit the majority of players who just want to reach plat once during the busiest time of the year.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Is it possible to make 5th boss of event (the 3 guardians at the same time) avilable at gold tier? They only become avilable at plat tier and that's usually where 95% casuals who go for plat stop (including myself). 5th boss gives a lot of event points and would significantly help and ease the road to platinum tier. So 200-300 runs per week seems a lot more reasonable than 500+ runs per week. Thank you for your consideration!
    EDIT: What Im asking for is for the gold tier boss spawn rate to be like plat, mostly syrillax and 5th boss(guardians)
    ANOTHER EDIT : Please increase the drop rate of snowsilver from frostwyrm chests
    Last edited by Vrazicak; 12-20-2023 at 01:30 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #91
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,485 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptis View Post
    Hello devs! Could you please look into low level event difficulty?
    Event difficulty will be lowered in the next server (content) update, scheduled for 1pm Thursday after week 2 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by srazman View Post
    There is not a single snowsilver at the auction. You need 10 pieces to craft the snow artifact. Is it that rare? It is an epic-class item because of the color. Mmm, please increase the drop rate.
    Drop rate of the Snowsilver will be increased in the next server (content) update.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_evin View Post
    The brood dragon is walking on the ground but its like the syri flying phase...
    This is fixed in the next server (content) update.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    20K points is a little too high for plat tier...
    Appreciate the feedback, but we're already too far into the event to make this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrazicak View Post
    Is it possible to make 5th boss of event (the 3 guardians at the same time) avilable at gold tier?
    I think the better thing to do would be to make that 5th boss quest require Platinum Tier, but it's a bit too late for that. I've added a note to the quest that it requires Platinum Tier to spawn the Guardians, but since the Platinum Tier reward is a jewel, we're going to leave it as-is.

-ALS

13. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Event difficulty will be lowered in the next server (content) update, scheduled for 1pm Thursday after week 2 starts.
    Thanks Asommers for listening to us, really really appreciate it! Thanks for the hailstone feedback too

Merry Xmas!
    <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptis View Post
    Thanks Asommers for listening to us, really really appreciate it! Thanks for the hailstone feedback too

Merry Xmas!
    Yes many thanks for acknowledging this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Thanks!

the vanity drop from brood looks great!
    badges too. The snowglobe and xmas tree badge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

Appreciate the feedback, but we're already too far into the event to make this change.

-ALS

Yup, no problem at all! Just general feedback to make improvements down the road. If I recall, previous winter events before being split into 3 weeks plat tier was only around 30K points, however we had 3 weeks to finish!
    Last edited by Kakashis; 12-21-2023 at 11:48 AM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Default Event points from locks

Will week 1 locks give event points in other weeks ?

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #97
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,485 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzmemohsin View Post
    Will week 1 locks give event points in other weeks ?
    No, locked crates only affect the current week.

-ALS

20. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #98
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,485 Posts

Moving discussion to week 2 feedback thread (link).

-ALS