Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Stacking items on star beast

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Stacking items on star beast

Can stacked primary stats be removed anytime when we put star beast set on. With current system it doesn’t make any difference since you still can stack it up with kraken set + 71 item on and when you’re done just carry on with a star beast.
    I don’t see it being much of a problem to change current system since 71 items are way outdated anyway.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Voorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

In general just remove the thing with endless stacking stats using the items for like 5 years ago because they've already served their purpose gameplay wise. Scores on various leaderboards have always been affected by that.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Let us stack 71lvl arcanes on 3/6 starbeast set

Today I've realized that we're not able to stack with 71lvl arcanes when we have starbeast set bonus on. It's probably due to rogue and warrior discrimination with full set, cause mage would be able to stack with full starbeast set (cause there's no starbeast amulet). Wouldn't it be better to let us stack in a 3/6 set and not allow it in a 6/6 set? Otherwise we would have to use zaarus set to stack stats which is discriminating rogues, cause belt is a part of set. 71lvl arcanes were useful (which was good because we didn't have to always rely on the newest gear) in some cases, now their fate is unknown. Now some maps would require even less strategy, making game even simpler.
    @Cinco @asommers

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Let us stack 71lvl arcanes on 3/6 starbeast set

-1 for the idea,

Zaarus isn’t mandatory as for a dmg set, kraken dmg sets exist, so it’s not really an argument.

Rather remove outdated item from capped gameplay since it’s been like what, 3 expansions ago?

There is no skill whatsoever in using different belt, amu or ring until certain wave to stack some primary stats.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,490 Posts

What problem does this solve?

-ALS

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    What problem does this solve?

-ALS

Cinco did mention what’s up on the screen shot.
    In simple words 71 gears still stack, but not on star beast set. Yet you can stack the stats with a similar set stat wise (which would be kraken) and once you’re done swap to star. What’s the point honestly.

Problem: the thing you implement has flaws and isn’t really making any difference for a person with various gears.

Solution: just drop the 71 items out of the rotation because they are not necessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

it doesn't solve any problem. They're dirt cheap gears anyone can use to incorporate into their gameplay, popularly used ever since on every wave map - which utilizes the gears feature of stacking infinitely.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    it doesn't solve any problem. They're dirt cheap gears anyone can use to incorporate into their gameplay, popularly used ever since on every wave map - which utilizes the gears feature of stacking infinitely.
    Then let’s just run wave maps on 81 gears and not use the star beast at all, because what for?
    If you can use kraken and 71 stuff together.

I don’t get how new ‘better’ stuff isn’t even useful anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Voorge View Post
    Then let’s just run wave maps on 81 gears and not use the star beast at all, because what for?
    If you can use kraken and 71 stuff together.

I don’t get how new ‘better’ stuff isn’t even useful anymore
    Or you can use 2/3 star beast incorporated with stacking. Stat wise these are still stronger than 81 stuff and the fact that we could slot stronger jewels. Its really all about strategy and how clever you are in incorporating all the gears available to us. Removing this would give us less options.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Mind showing me how 2/3 star beast set is stronger than kraken/zaarus dmg sets?
    Not that I’m trying to prove you wrong, I’m genuinely curious what are we comparing rn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Not that I’m trying to prove you wrong, I’m genuinely curious what are we comparing rn
    Bud you got the option to use it or not. Its just choices noone forcing you to do anything. Instead of trying to nerf anything you dont like just remember it's same for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

u cant stack the 71 belt while using a zaarus set. But u can with a 2/3 sb. You can't slot corrupted jewels on kraken armor/helmet. Also, who would use the kraken armor as their main set, so it could proc at anytime randomly?

Again, its really about how clever you are strategizing all the gears available to us. Limiting the options would just make it boring.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legolasn View Post
    Bud you got the option to use it or not. Its just choices noone forcing you to do anything. Instead of trying to nerf anything you dont like just remember it's same for everyone.
    Please read the section we’re in. I gave a suggestion. Don’t see much of a feedback from your side. Same as u say I’m trying to nerf everything I’ll respond saying you don’t need to comment on every thread involving ‘temple’ word.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

u cant stack the 71 belt while using a zaarus set. But u can with a 2/3 sb. You can't slot corrupted jewels on kraken armor/helmet. Also, who would use the kraken armor as their main set, so it could proc at anytime randomly?
    Don’t see it being more beneficial than using it with full kraken set

literally, what for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legolasn View Post
    You gotta read what the this thread is actually about. Drop the 71 stuff when 86 is out and adjust the gameplay. Its repetitive and boring otherwise.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Don’t see it being more beneficial than using it with full kraken set

literally, what for.
    for options? You go ahead play with full kraken set and stack, while people could also stack using different gear pieces as they prefer. The reason Cinco exclusively limits its stacking feature with 6/6 sb, in any case people would use this, is cuz a mage could still stack their 71 amulet but rog/tanks could not.

But the problem is they made it also unstackable with the 3/6 sb, which nullifies the point of this new set to fulfil its purpose of actually being a set.

So instead of removing the purpose of 71 stacking gears from the game, would it not be better to let it stack w 3/6 sb instead?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Kraken dmg set exists - well, in some cases you can't use whole krak set to stack stats, also it's another expensive gear to buy which can be solved with letting us use 3/6 star set.
    Amulet isn't (or wasn't till now) outdated, cause it had usage. If item has any usage then it's not useless.
    It's not complicated strategy, but there are still plenty of people who don't know about this strategy and removing this will make gap between weak/average and good players even smaller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Wah wah wah who stacks anyways

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

for options? You go ahead play with full kraken set and stack, while people could also stack using different gear pieces as they prefer. The reason Cinco exclusively limits its stacking feature with 6/6 sb, in any case people would use this, is cuz a mage could still stack their 71 amulet but rog/tanks could not.

But the problem is they made it also unstackable with the 3/6 sb, which nullifies the point of this new set to fulfil its purpose of actually being a set.

So instead of removing the purpose of 71 stacking gears from the game, would it not be better to let it stack w 3/6 sb instead?
    Honestly, no. People make t10 without stacking too, so it’s doable and not necessary by any means.
    I’ll also repeat what I said earlier somewhere, running with 71 ring, amu until certain wave doesn’t make your gameplay any more skilful.
    So saying that we get less ‘options’ by removing those don’t really make me change my opinion about it.
    You guys also mentioned something about the gap between good and bad players.
    The only ‘gap’ that I see is division between geared players and overgeared players (you’re the one benefiting more from it still).

btw after all wave lbs come down to the aspect of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Honestly, no. People make t10 without stacking too, so it’s doable and not necessary by any means.
    I’ll also repeat what I said earlier somewhere, running with 71 ring, amu until certain wave doesn’t make your gameplay any more skilful.
    So saying that we get less ‘options’ by removing those don’t really make me change my opinion about it.
    You guys also mentioned something about the gap between good and bad players.
    The only ‘gap’ that I see is division between geared players and overgeared players (you’re the one benefiting more from it still).

btw after all wave lbs come down to the aspect of luck.
    So... you want it removed because of what exactly? All those aforementioned reasons are subjective, there isn't anything concrete or objective enough of a reason to completely remove gear purpose to the game.

Stacking gears increases the variation. You're able to adapt to the next wave since the stats you stack is on par with the stat increase of the enemies. Its all about your endurance, how long you last, that's the essence of these temple events, its the reason the map goes on to infinity.

Removing means to shorten runs is counterintuitive to the objective of the event. This isn't a siege 2.0. Think of it as running a 5k vs a full 42km marathon.