Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Notepad function

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lightbulb Notepad function

So recently I found myself in a situation where I didn't have enough time to finish what I was doing. So I thought I'd save the task for later. I also made some arrangements with friends and had to buy some stuff from the auction to be ready for it (Lichy APS). I was monitoring the prices for some items and I found myself in need of a function where I could write some information down.

It's quite annoying to exit the game and go to my phone's notes function, and then come back to the game like 5 times to note all prices.

I'm sure many other people would like a little notepad to write stuff down.

Would it be an idea to have a notepad function in game, possibly in the the menu after you click on your name, maybe next to the "option" gears, or emotes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Personally, I never had this kind of problem. When there was something said in chat, stats or an item in auction I wanted to remember, I always just took screenshots. If you wanted a better overview, you could take ss of all the information, then put the screenshots to your notes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaAaT View Post
    Personally, I never had this kind of problem. When there was something said in chat, stats or an item in auction I wanted to remember, I always just took screenshots. If you wanted a better overview, you could take ss of all the information, then put the screenshots to your notes.
    Imagine having to find those screenshots in your photo gallery on your phone, or convert images to notes where it would be more convenient if the function were ingame.You might not remember the date and will have to scroll endlessly. Besides, it will just clog up your gallery and iCloud with images.

That information you want to store and retrieve is better suited for text and could be a function quick at hand, if it were in the menu. It keeps you more involved in the game and your own adventure/plan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dexxiedex View Post
    Imagine having to find those screenshots in your photo gallery on your phone, or convert images to notes where it would be more convenient if the function were ingame.You might not remember the date and will have to scroll endlessly. Besides, it will just clog up your gallery and iCloud with images.

That information you want to store and retrieve is better suited for text and could be a function quick at hand, if it were in the menu. It keeps you more involved in the game and your own adventure/plan.
    While it would help players to stay in the adventure/game, I don't think Arcane legends of the type of immersive game, that cares a lot about that, nor does it have many situations ( from my experience), where I needed to take notes on anything. It really depends on what devices most ppl play arcane legends on, but from my experience switching to notepad on my phone would take as long as going to menu and opening any other option from there and on Pc I'd imagine taking notes is even easier. I don't disagree, that switching from Arcane legends to notepad could be annoying, but I'm not sure if it is a big enough problem for enough people.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,490 Posts

Sorry, no plans to add this.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks anyway