Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New PvP mode

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default New PvP mode

New pvp mode
    As many people know, PvP is kinda dead in all levels (endgame and 13 seem active, although endgame is very much proc-based and 13 is very expensive to catch up). In this thread I would like to propose a new mode which could fairly easily be implemented by the devs. Any critique or additional ideas are welcome. So here's the idea:
    We all know honor PvP in endgame. My idea is somewhat similar with some tweaks. Sts can release honor-like gear for each 5 levels (e.g., level 10, level 15, level 20 etc). Each level gear scaled so that PvP clashes are not endless nor 1 hit dead. They can adjust the gear, resulting in higher levels having faster paced clashes, so that each player have their preferred PvP bracket. STS can use the CTF and/or TDM map and create the honor (or whatever name for this mode) variant, which is not computationally hard for the devs. To increase PvP activity in each bracket, this mode could include for instance level 10-14, 15-19, 20-24 etc, with each level above the lowest level in the bracket giving players a primary stat debuff in these honor maps (easily done by reducing primary stat with the level up points and +5 passive for each level), making it fair for a level 10 to fight a level 14.
    Gear could include all slots (but not necessary), with staff, daggers and sword for each class. This could be purchased for like 100-500k (depends on what devs would want) for each bracket.
    Pets could include the original 3 pets (guapo, timber & precious), with options to release the honor variant of the original 33 other pets.
    A new Vendor could be implemented. This would work with honor tokens, obtained by winning TDM/CTF games. The Vendor can include weapons for each class such as bows, guns, shields, which would not necessarily be better than the original weapons but have some adjusted stats, providing some variations in stats between players and players can choose which weapon best fit their style. Other Vendor items can include the 33 other original pets used for honor PvP. For instance, if winning a game grants 10 tokens, a pet could cost like 500 tokens. A new weapon could cost like 500 tokens as well (all up to devs of course). Another idea for pets would be similar to the Heroic pet box, with all 33 pets in the box and buying one will open the box and granting 1 random pet. These pets could be opened upon purchasing the box and players cannot loot 2x the same pet. Having different pets would create some variants in clash, increasing the need for strategy and teamwork whilst also promoting a balanced team composition.

Benefits to this mode:
    For players - no need to buy 300m+ gear/pets to play PvP to have fun in it. People with less gold would try out PvP because gold wouldn't be a factor in it any more, increasing PvP activity (and perhaps overall game activity too). Additionally, players can have fair matches without a significant benefit, testing their skills & strategy. What's better than knowing you won based on your PvP skill rather than just being rich? Lastly, with enough incentive, PvP brackets would be alive again. Being an old player, many players with competitive twink accounts were the ones spending the most money on the game. Besides this mode being mostly free-to-play, I assume many players would invest in their additional character slots, be it vanities or even gear as they could run events with these characters as well.

For STS - they can monetize various options in this mode. Additional weapons (like the bow/gun which I talked about before), could be purchased for plat besides tokens. The pet boxes could also be purchased for platinum besides tokens. E.g., 500 tokens or 30 plat. The new pets could a new achievement (collect all honor pets). P2W players would spend 33x30 = 990 plat, or more if devs really want the money , to get this achievement fast. The original (honor) gear purchase could be a little gold sink as well. I doubt it would have much effect but it could negate some gold inflation, depending on the price. Making this mode would not require a lot of coding. The maps, the mode (currently lv86 honor, but just some little tweaks), the pets already exist. The gear & vendor would only have to be created, but this could be done based on old data as well.
    Lastly, to increase mode activity besides the pet achievement, specific auras/wisps could be added to the Vendor, which could only be purchased for tokens. Some ideas are the "Flag" from CTF as a wisp, floating behind you when running or some swords around you as aura. Also, any kills/flags could also count towards PvP achievements, granting e.g., the warmonger title upon 10k PvP kills.
    Let me know if you would play something like this or if you have critique/additional ideas!

Sent from my 23049PCD8G using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to putter For This Useful Post:

Raa

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

not gonna read all that but it's pretty obvious it's never gonna happen because they'd make less money and money>satisfaction of players so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

hope sts reads this and try to actually implement it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4thestreets For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1 I like the idea. PvP is so expensive and every month we have to buy new gear to stay up to date!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Icuad1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

PVP doesn't pays the bills - Cinco 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rachnaruss View Post
    not gonna read all that but it's pretty obvious it's never gonna happen because they'd make less money and money>satisfaction of players so

I'd included a section in which sts could partially monetize this mode. It wouldn't be my choice to implement this as I'm mostly F2P, but it would give profits to sts, whilst having limited amount of coding necessary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aayushh007 View Post
    PVP doesn't pays the bills - Cinco 2013
    That's fair, but indirectly it did back in the days. And with this mode, they could monetize some parts, giving sts some profit with limited coding necessary, as most aspects of this mode already exist.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,507 Posts

We've added many unused PvP modes, it's just not worth it.

See this thread (link) for links to other threads where we discuss PvP.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We've added many unused PvP modes, it's just not worth it.

See this thread (link) for links to other threads where we discuss PvP.

-ALS
    if honor set 500 plat or 1000 plat or more non important for pvp player and
    many player happy for spend their plat.
    And for sts make more plat sell
    i have many friend they miss pvp. if honor pvp on for each 5lvl they come back again.
    IGN:RAA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default PvP tournaments

I always had that thought about running lb events they r usually too easy all the skill u need is to have no life or let’s face it fr someone prob in ur family helping u too

Anyway why there is no similar tournaments for pvp any more ? Not just for pvp banners rewards this we get in ranked but for real rewards like events lb rewards

Can be a lot less like even really humble rewards but real rewards that can be turned to gold , 1v1 2v2 etc and honor maps r good enough

We really need pvp again it will prob bring lots of ppl back and make the game more fun and skillful pvp players ppl r rewarded so imagine skilled but have no time for running too easy lb maps

So be it lb events for PVE players , and PvP lb event for pvp players also this will make honor lively again bcoz ppl will go practice for tournaments not just straight to tournaments

And btw I not saying make the event maps harder bcoz it does really help new players to make gold too and that’s one thing really good about events maps being relatively easy .

……..………. I am forever sorry for my typos ……..……….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

My idea is different but I will leave it here cause it does serves the same purpose.

Please bring back pvp leaderboards for most kills, seasonals, tdm kills, ctf kills.

Allow this mode to be played with honor gear cause it doesnt cost you anything to do it. But before doing so, please set a threshold of 200 kills (weekly) between 2 players. Cause I know some people will abuse this
    and start dummy farming.

I would hope STS would realize the importance of pvp in a video game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

The only pvp mode that would be welcomed now is a « who pays the most » contest, or the « who sleeps the least »

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk