Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old vanity was better because....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default old vanity was better because....

You could wear vanity and still tweek rings...if id known i wouldnt have gone to see the fallen prince!duh!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thank you. I was waiting my entire life for you to give me feedback on this subject.

My life is now complete.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

For STS they think 3dex,3str,3int is superior to any ring in the platinum store. For me I think the ring I used before was way better than the 2piece elite ring except for 50hp part and sparkles.. They really need to rethink about adding another slot for elites and another seperate for platinum-bought rings.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathofan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

If you like the plat store rings better, wear the plat store rings. Tada.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Then you're giving up the elite bonus.

Lowly, what you're not getting is people spent 100s of platinum on the plat store rings that are now made useless because of this decision. If we want to retain our vanity set bonus, we have to give up our old rings, in which 100s of platinum will sit, useless.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:826846

Lowly, what you're not getting is people spent 100s of platinum on the plat store rings that are now made useless because of this decision. If we want to retain our vanity set bonus, we have to give up our old rings, in which 100s of platinum will sit, useless.
    Vanities in this game are starting to be the way they are supposed to. Statless, cosmetic clothing for those who want a little extra to their gear or look. If you think the old vanity bonus is something you can't play without, then use it. If you think those rings were very valuable to you, then use them. Their value won't decrease at all and they are not useless. Premium rings or set rings? This is where you make a choice.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:826846

Picking the gear you like and making sacrifices of certain gear is a part of any good rpg. If you could just wear all the gear possible, what fun would that be? It makes you really have to think about what stats you want and what stats you would have to compensate for. Can you honestly tell me endgame pvp would be less about luck if they let people wear all the rings they wanted? Keeping the rings as they are now would require people to have to put more thought into their stats and think of good strategies to compensate for their own shortcomings.

As for the plat issue, the same arguement can be made about big and bigger luck. People lost out on that too if they bought big luck on DotD. Things simply don't last forever, they will always be replaced by something better.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I had 20 rings on my main lol
    Can i getz some refund???
    Plox!!!!!

Just be glad they didnt eliminate the whole bonus, and tbh none of the store rings touch elite
    15 armour most in store is like 6?
    5 dodge most in store is like 2?
    55 health most in store is 20
    Crit is only 1 but u get sparkles with this thing and!!!!!!

U can wear dragon set with it which is actually better than store rings as well!

So in the end we really got a win situation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post

tbh none of the store rings touch elite
    15 armour most in store is like 6?
    5 dodge most in store is like 2?
    55 health most in store is 20
    Crit is only 1 but u get sparkles with this thing and!!!!!!

U can wear dragon set with it which is actually better than store rings as well!
    I said 2piece set bonus not 3rd lol. For my mage I used a 20mana,2dmg,4armor ring, for mage the 20mana would work better for the mana shield, now if I had blue dragon set the bonus would be 1m/s 20mana 12dmg 9armor. The max armor ring in store is a 9armor 67dex ring. And as for bird theres a ring in store that gives 11dmg 2hit% and if you wore a red dragon set with this ring that would give 21dmg, 2hit%, 1critic, 5armor resulting way better than the 2piece elite bonus. But this was only true when dragon wasnt stackable with elite rings..
    Last edited by Deathofan; 10-24-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

2% dodge 10 dmg for 20 plat is better than 10 dmg 5 armor 1 whatever for millions of gold.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    I said 2piece set bonus not 3rd lol. For my mage I used a 20mana,2dmg,4armor ring, for mage the 20mana would work better for the mana shield, now if I had blue dragon set the bonus would be 1m/s 20mana 12dmg 9armor. The max armor ring in store is a 9armor 67dex ring. And as for bird theres a ring in store that gives 11dmg 2hit% and if you wore a red dragon set with this ring that would give 21dmg, 2hit%, 1critic, 5armor resulting way better than the 2piece elite bonus. But this was only true when dragon wasnt stackable with elite rings..
    ok so you have to wait a cap, not a big problem, if you only have a 2 peice ring this cap that would mean you would have had no elite bonus if they kept it in the first 3 items

also theres is no such ring as a 2% hit and 11 dmg, the only ring giving 11 dmg adds 1 crit

so 2 item elite ring + red dragon = 3 dex, 3 int, 3 str, 1 crit, 5 dodge, 50 health, 10 dmg, 15 armour
    2 item vanity bonus(which you would be unable to obtain) + your dex ring(we will pretend it exists cuz i dont know which one you really meant) = 2 hit, 5 dodge, 50 health, 11 dmg, 10 armour
    essentially your sacrificing 1 crit(more useful for a bird) for 2 hit, and 5 armour for 1 dmg
    sorry but id take the elite and dragon first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Hey we have more than one finger!
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    Assuming we have fingers O.o

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    ok so you have to wait a cap, not a big problem, if you only have a 2 peice ring this cap that would mean you would have had no elite bonus if they kept it in the first 3 items

also theres is no such ring as a 2% hit and 11 dmg, the only ring giving 11 dmg adds 1 crit

so 2 item elite ring + red dragon = 3 dex, 3 int, 3 str, 1 crit, 5 dodge, 50 health, 10 dmg, 15 armour
    2 item vanity bonus(which you would be unable to obtain) + your dex ring(we will pretend it exists cuz i dont know which one you really meant) = 2 hit, 5 dodge, 50 health, 11 dmg, 10 armour
    essentially your sacrificing 1 crit(more useful for a bird) for 2 hit, and 5 armour for 1 dmg
    sorry but id take the elite and dragon first
    I think the ring you just mentioned is right 11dmg 1crit my bad. What I was stating was that a dragon set and a platinum ring is superior to a 2piece elite bonus by itself no ring added. I have 4elite pieces now and I know that before it was better to have the elite bonus and a ring equipped. But what devs are saying now is that 3dex,3str,3int is better than stacking a ring with our elite bonuses. Tbh elite bonuses seem to be only for bears. Why? Because the bonus is only defensive stats such as 15armor 5dodge. For birds the armor stats dnt matter much, the bonus for birds should be a dmg or critical, hp, and dodge bonus. For mages instead of hp-> mana, dodge, dmg. You may see the 15armor better bc you are a bear but for a bird the 21dmg & 2 crit (red dragon + ring) is way superior.
    Last edited by Deathofan; 10-24-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I think what everyone is trying to say is that they are losing their bonuses from the elite bonus. EX: Elite bonus + plat ring > Elite ring
    You add the dragon bonus, still the same. With the elite bonuses, you can have more bonuses than the elite ring we have now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:827047
    Assuming we have fingers O.o
    Good point. Enchantress have fingers, bears have paws, and birds have talon things.
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Picking the gear you like and making sacrifices of certain gear is a part of any good rpg. If you could just wear all the gear possible, what fun would that be? It makes you really have to think about what stats you want and what stats you would have to compensate for. Can you honestly tell me endgame pvp would be less about luck if they let people wear all the rings they wanted? Keeping the rings as they are now would require people to have to put more thought into their stats and think of good strategies to compensate for their own shortcomings.

As for the plat issue, the same arguement can be made about big and bigger luck. People lost out on that too if they bought big luck on DotD. Things simply don't last forever, they will always be replaced by something better.
    No, what they did right now is a step backwards from what we had. I'm all for losing the elite bonus, but don't make my rings useless.

Before: Elite Bonus + Rings and couldn't use the dragon bonus set

Now: Elite Bonus (Ring) + Dragon Set (that you have to spend millions of gold on and isn't even as good as a ring)

Do you see what I mean? I am fine with losing the elite bonus without everything else changing, but they went ahead and put it into a slot where we already had items that were working better than the dragon bonus.

Lowly, this isn't something to be so blunt about.

If they want to go back to the vanities being vanities, they have to include dragon sets, which will never happen, if STS values their customers at all. Also, shouldn't the founders helm be included in this?

Technically, when the elite vanities were standing alone, they never had stats, none of the vanities in game did.

The only vanity in game which has stats is the Founder's Helm, which has yet to see a nerf.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Good point. Enchantress have fingers, bears have paws, and birds have talon things.
    Yeah! Lol I suppose they could have specially custom made rings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    I think the ring you just mentioned is right 11dmg 1crit my bad. What I was stating was that a dragon set and a platinum ring is superior to a 2piece elite bonus by itself no ring added. I have 4elite pieces now and I know that before it was better to have the elite bonus and a ring equipped. But what devs are saying now is that 3dex,3str,3int is better than stacking a ring with our elite bonuses. Tbh elite bonuses seem to be only for bears. Why? Because the bonus is only defensive stats such as 15armor 5dodge. For birds the armor stats dnt matter much, the bonus for birds should be a dmg or critical, hp, and dodge bonus. For mages instead of hp-> mana, dodge, dmg. You may see the 15armor better bc you are a bear but for a bird the 21dmg & 2 crit (red dragon + ring) is way superior.
    but either way you can get dragon + plat ring or dragon + elite ring
    stick with the game awhile and you will get all 3, fair enough i say
    and honestly i think the 5 dodge alone makes it better than any other ring
    the offensive bonus with 21 dmg + 2 crit maybe better for bird but honestly i think the 15 armour would pay off better in pvp, esp with the current extreme dmg

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Maybe if the bonus was class specific, helping the strengths of the class or minimizing the weakness. That is what we did with plat rings. I agree the bonus helps bears the most then strength classes of any type. It also helps birds a lot, I experimented with builds with my bird. Dragon, dmg face/crit face dodge dmg, crit dmg rings and found the elite bonus with 2% dodge 10 dmg to be the best.
    Dodge>Damage
    Crit>Armor
    Damage>Regeneration/pool
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation