Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends (Project 2.0)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Default Arcane Legends (Project 2.0)

Been a year since my last post i guess. (Or shorter idk hehe). So i just came back and 3 second after entering a map, i felt bore dom to death. No changes and still as it is. Nothing change. So i guess Arcane Legends need a new enhanced gamestyle which im gonna propose and is called Project 2.0. I do think Arcane Legends need an evolution. So, here are some of my suggesttion. (For which inspired from many games i played before came back/i've known since i entered gaming industry)

i) Weaponry / Blacksmith
    -Weapon shall be able to be upgraded from +1 to +15.
    -Material needed shall be obtainable throughout Arlor. Example; Hogwite Crystal, Stone of Griffin.

ii) Attack Animation
    -There should be auto target (which you can toggle off/on in setting).
    -Basic Attack Combo: Succesful 5 consecutive attack.
    a.Warrior; Release an Aoe splash damage (Taunt All Enemies within range (wide range)
    b.Rogue; Hit with a super powerful piercing arrow (ignore DEF)
    c.Mage; Summon an orb which explode when comes into contact with the first enemy and collide.

iii) Card Collection. (Personal Needs hehehe)
    -i think it'll be enjoyful if we can collect special card from all maps. (Just for personal achievements tho).
    -Example; Windmore Cards ( 0/20), Underhul Cards (0/15). When completing a Deck of any maps, we can be rewarded with gold.

That's all for now, thank you for reading. Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

implementing ebay on auction

Sent from my 22120RN86G using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Violyn89 View Post
    implementing ebay on auction

Sent from my 22120RN86G using Tapatalk
    So you're basically saying you'd buy items for irl cash @Cinco @asommers

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snaptubepro View Post
    i) Weaponry / Blacksmith
    Upgrades per weapon are difficult to balance (see Spirit Weapons).

ii) Attack Animation
    We had auto-attack in other Legends titles, but moved to cone attacks for AL.

The other suggestion sounds like a proc for your default attack. The rogue does this when she kicks and it's a pain to maintain.

iii) Card Collection.
    I like this and this is similar to what I had in mind for Scavenger Hunt (collection mechanic).

I appreciate your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedchicked View Post
    So you're basically saying you'd buy items for irl cash
    I don't think he meant that, I think he wants item bidding as opposed to a set price.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hi @asommers. I honestly think the weaponry/blacksmith idea is great but it can be tweaked a little to make it simpler.

1. In order to level up your weapon you would be required to farm a certain amount of Elite mobs/Bosses. Of course similar/close in level. Once you reach the requirement you can go to the blacksmith and pay a fee for the upgrade. Adding on to this, some items such as Elite Boss and Elite Mind which are useless now can be reimplemented.

2. To keep things simple this would be a +Dex, +Str, or +Int and would be class specific.

3. Lets say each weapon has a maximum of 15 levels. Each level would give you a stat bonus equal to the level.
    Lvl 1 would be +1, level 2 would be +2. Total by the time you get to level 15 you would reach +120 in dex, str or int. This may seem inbalanced at first per my further reasoning below would be a great idea.

4. This would reward hard working players, casual players and poor players. Those who only have 1 or 2 krak items and are severly lacking stats can make up for it a little by grinding maps. This would effectively revitalize all zones with players trying to level up their gear.

5. Make the levels BOUND to the player. If the player who leveled up the weapon to 15 trades the weapon, the weapon would lose its levels gained. If this is not possible, make it so when a player sells the weapon to someone else, the player has to pay a fee of gold or platinum to reactivate the weapon at the blacksmith. This would make sts money with plat purchases and would make rich people in game with lots of gold forced to spend gold for the added benifit of not having to farm.

Obviously this is a rough explanation of how it could work and it could be touched up but i believe this is a great idea. Awakes are great and all but ultimately it is gambling. Lets reward the people who grind this game as well so it could benefit STS and the player base.

IGN: Hellprone

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hellprone For This Useful Post: