Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Star Chain sword bugged

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default New Star Chain sword bugged

on charged attacks you get lower stats than what it says you should get

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post
    on charged attacks you get lower stats than what it says you should get
    You mean the Meteoric Rage caster buff?

Tell me what you are seeing specifically: what you expect vs. what you see. So far as I can tell the Meteoric Rage buff is applying the stats correctly.

Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    You mean the Meteoric Rage caster buff?

Tell me what you are seeing specifically: what you expect vs. what you see. So far as I can tell the Meteoric Rage buff is applying the stats correctly.

Thanks!
    I wasnt using the 6/6, my bad
    But I will mention that SB chainsword (and guessing the other SB weapons too) deal very low damage..
    I just tried it compare to kraken sword (without kraken armor) and the results are heavily favored to Kraken sword. (Tried with 6/6 set and without)

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post
    My bad, I was not using the 6/6 set.
    But I will mention that SB chainsword (and guessing the other SB weapons too) deal very low damage..
    I just tried it compare to kraken sword (without kraken armor) and the results are heavily favored to Kraken sword. (Tried with 6/6 set and without)
    Thanks for the feedback.

The Star Beast weapons play a little bit differently. While Kraken weapons do a 'fire and forget' sort of proc where you can just sit back and wait, the Mythic Star Beast weapons benefit from steady aggression - specifically the massive combo damage that you do to afflicted targets.

I think these new weapons are great but I also feel like the real heyday for Star Beast Mythic weapons will begin with the introduction of the Elder Woods Elite content. The set bonus plus the campaign bonus is remarkable, and given the intensity of monster damage and the high health of Elder Woods Elite monsters, you'll want that extra boost.

To be transparent, our aim is to add fun weapons to the rotation that have a different feel; not to simply replace the Kraken weaponry with more powerful procs. For that you'll have to wait for the 86 Arcanes ;-)

Best wishes!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

The Star Beast weapons play a little bit differently. While Kraken weapons do a 'fire and forget' sort of proc where you can just sit back and wait, the Mythic Star Beast weapons benefit from steady aggression - specifically the massive combo damage that you do to afflicted targets.

I think these new weapons are great but I also feel like the real heyday for Star Beast Mythic weapons will begin with the introduction of the Elder Woods Elite content. The set bonus plus the campaign bonus is remarkable, and given the intensity of monster damage and the high health of Elder Woods Elite monsters, you'll want that extra boost.

To be transparent, our aim is to add fun weapons to the rotation that have a different feel; not to simply replace the Kraken weaponry with more powerful procs. For that you'll have to wait for the 86 Arcanes ;-)

Best wishes!
    I see..
    However, the gap between kraken weapons to the star beast weapon is so big, even when I am not just procing and sitting back. I am using the entire SB chainsword proc, keep using normal attacks and the gap between that and just using kraken sword is huge and the duration is short.

As a player, why would we use star beast weapon procs?
    Its more expensive, deal less damage, proc is short..

Back in 81, the mythic weapons did need some tuning, but they were the "Meta", by sort of being better than 76 arcanes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Kraken sword proc > SB chain proc vs bosses
    Kraken aegis proc > SB chain proc vs mobs all the time, and i don't know why would anyone want to proc sb against elite elder wood mobs, kill 3 or 4 instead of kraken aegis, that can wipe out entire group of them

Proc is good vs mobs, but which proc isn't, even neptaris proc is good vs them, but do players use it vs mobs? No, it's not practical, kraken aegis is best option.
    Proc is very bad vs bosses (81 cap+), you better stick to kraken sword, neptaris/polaris or spirit.

6/6 sb does not provide that perfect stat to be required more than 3/6 sb + arcane pieces, which provide you faster proc of kraken artifact, which is probably more important than entire 6/6sb.

Sb chain as 7th piece to provide 3 sec short dmg buff and dmg reduction buff wont do much against mobs, that die quick regardless of buff nor mungus and other debuffs that will kill you quick regardless of dmg reduction. Not to mention you can proc this buff only when ur weapon is not on cooldown, so by attack with skills by wearing sb chain + 6/6 sb, then switch to kraken aegis and once u proc kraken this buff is long gone. You can use this 3 sec buff with proc of sb chain, but lets read again which proc of what weapon is better vs bosses and which is better vs mobs.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

I'm committed to adjusting these new weapons if analysis of the data shows that its necessary.

As for this post: there is no bug or technical issue with the Chain Sword so I'm closing.

Please feel free to start a thread in Suggestions with detailed changes that you think would be appropriate and we'll be happy to consider them! :-)

Best wishes!
    | | | |