Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3 freezing and exiting to home screen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 freezing and exiting to home screen.

I can replicate this bug no problem at all and it does it on stock ice cream sandwich and jelly bean android roms on my phone.

When in the join game screen, scrolling up and down the available games causes the freeze and exit of the game. It also sometimes does it at the fetching greatness loading screen. This can be at any instance when that fetching greatness screen appears.

The game never freezes during playing an actual level or in balefort or anything like that, it's just on the mentioned screens.

Scrolling through the friends screen doesn't crash the game, that is fine. It's just on the join game screen. I can literally flick up and down the available games to join and it will freeze and kick me out.

It makes no difference if you use for gpu rendering either within the developer options in the phone.

I have read on the internet that a number of games seem to suffer similar issues running the exynos chip sets.

I have tried down loading the game from different sources too. Reinstalling, wiping data or clearing cache doesn't improve things at all.

Please could fellow players post if they have issues too please and maybe a dev can look in to this.

Please ask if there is anything else you would like me to provide info wise.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDroid View Post
    Please could fellow players post if they have issues too please and maybe a dev can look in to this.
    I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 and have not experienced any problems in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I have a Verizon S3 it hasn't had any problems like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I wondered if it might just be my handset coz i can't find any issues when googling the problem . Are you guys running stock roms?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I can replicate this bug no problem at all and it does it on stock ice cream sandwich and jelly bean android roms on my phone.

When in the join game screen, scrolling up and down the available games causes the freeze and exit of the game. It also sometimes does it at the fetching greatness loading screen. This can be at any instance when that fetching greatness screen appears.

The game never freezes during playing an actual level or in balefort or anything like that, it's just on the mentioned screens.

Scrolling through the friends screen doesn't crash the game, that is fine. It's just on the join game screen. I can literally flick up and down the available games to join and it will freeze and kick me out.

It makes no difference if you use for gpu rendering either within the developer options in the phone.

I have read on the internet that a number of games seem to suffer similar issues running the exynos chip sets.

I have tried down loading the game from different sources too. Reinstalling, wiping data or clearing cache doesn't improve things at all.

Please ask if there is anything else you would like me to provide info wise.

Thanks in advance!
    I've had exact same problem with my Galaxy Tab2. Tried same things as u did but doesn't help. Extremely annoying.

I managed to find out that the faster I opened world map and entered "join game" the more likely game froze and kicked me out. So I am thinking ice cream sandwich is the one to blame.

I do not know what to do anymoar :'(
    Last edited by dudetus; 10-30-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

I think this is ICS doing the harm. I switched to CM9 and I didnt get it again. Really annoying :/
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've tried stock and custom jelly bean roms and I can still replicate the problem like clockwork. I'm wondering if this could be something to do with samsungs coding then maybe? I thought it might be the Mali 400 gpu causing my problems, it's causes a lot of problems for a lot of games with what I've read. That would explain why the verizon S3's don't see the problem as they use a different chipset. But the Galaxy tab 2 uses a different chipset again so if you can get the issue on that, that pretty much rules out my theory. I have found an article where a guy has posted this issue on a nexus 7 running cm10 and that is a different chipset again (tegra 3) and he's running an aosp (android open source project) Rom so that could potentially rule out it being a Samsung coding issue. I think there is definitely a problem here and dare I say, I think it's with the game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have noticed that since the update last night, rather than the game freezing and then exiting, it's more of an instantaneous exit. Don't know if there is any relevance there.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I have noticed that since the update last night, rather than the game freezing and then exiting, it's more of an instantaneous exit. Don't know if there is any relevance there.
    Haven't been on for few days now but I don't see why it would our devices act differently now.

This problem needs to be cleared IMO. There are plenty of Galaxy S3 and some Tab 2 playas as ourselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Haveing same problem on my galaxys s3 & s2. When trying to join a game it will freeze then force close on the loading screen. Doesnt happen all the time but very often. I came here because it just did it to me 4 times in a row. This is becoming very annoying. I play SL and DL as well and have never had this type of issue. Devs please look into this its takeing away from the enjoyment in the game. I see there are many threads about a freezing issue has to be a game problem.
    Last edited by Mrsberry; 11-01-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Nexus 7 too. Does the exact same thing. On jellybean...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Devs pls fix. Okay, who pms Sam, Stapler, Delph or Techno?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I'm running stock jelly bean.
    I'm trying to do the bug but it won't close on me.
    Question do you have the facial recognition on? Wonder if that has something to do with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *Zero* View Post
    I'm running stock jelly bean.
    I'm trying to do the bug but it won't close on me.
    Question do you have the facial recognition on? Wonder if that has something to do with it.
    No face recognition enabled for me. What version of jelly bean are you running? I'm running LJ4. Also what variant of the s3 are you using? They Aren't all the same.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Bump. I want answers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a nexus 7 now and that also suffers from the same bug. It's a lot less frequent than on sgs3 but it's still there! Do devs actually read this forum? I don't know if they would normally acknowledge bug threads?