Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star beast 8/8 needs a buff, nerf or rework?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Star beast 8/8 needs a buff, nerf or rework?

Lets have a talk about the 8/8 star beast set

According to my test I think 4/4 Zaarus combined with kraken armor perform way better then 8/8 star combined with kraken armor due to the non-stacking damage on the pendant (for example normal hydra : aquaris kraken set easy kill while star beast weapon with kraken set stop at 75%/on hedo the damage was just hilarious )

You can make the argument that star beast full set is made to be independent from kraken but I can't see this set doing more then 20-30% the damage kraken weapon does even less.

which brings us to how would this level 86 set perform in the future map release like elite hedo and elite elder wood.
    Does it need a buff or rework? I think yes for mage this weapon is the 2.0 version of dragon staff same proc and mechanics and deals a slightly more dmg.

I really encourage the devs to spend more time testing items in-game instead of relaying on the data and statistics. Every release we see the same thing happening items with low damage then buffed and buffed again. I mean why we don't make more effort to release an item that perform properly and doesn't need changes.

One more thing to mention after proc kraken weapon and change to star weapons and change attack you get the second part of the proc which is the reflective shield in my case. I even get the cosmic thunder sometimes while using kraken staff proc
    Is it a bug or work as intended?

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Xmoopig; 03-03-2024 at 12:33 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xmoopig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Star Beast set sucks

I'd like to understand why this set does so badly compared to Kraken set + Snow Orb?

In this video I'm using 6/6 Star Beast set + Kraken Armor + Star Beast Orb. The build is underpeforming placing the Star 6/6 Star Beast set build and Star Beast Orb under Kraken set + Snow Orb with is way cheaper and 1 year older than this new set. Imagine paying 700m + for a set or spending few thousand dollars just to perform like this in a lb map. Of course prices went down by the time I'm releasing this. The current value on the market of my set is around 600mil without pet. If I m using H polar sloted and H sabra, the damage is slightly better but doesn't make a noticeable difference.

Please enlighten me and the others who spend a fortune to be competitive ending up in a darker place. We're not talking there about ppl who have better awakes because I'm aware of the difference in performance. I am talking about builds with similar stats, rotations, different items and procs. I can show you the damage dealt by a guildmate with Kraken + Snow Orb. Snow Orb is 3 4m on the market. You can get full kraken with 200m or less right now. What is the point of getting Star Beast if it is not any better? Because if your argument is to have a different playsyle in place, I ll happily skip it and keep 400m gold in inventory or few thousands dollars in my pockets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tanasescu490 View Post
    I'd like to understand why this set does so badly compared to Kraken set + Snow Orb?

In this video I'm using 6/6 Star Beast set + Kraken Armor + Star Beast Orb. The build is underpeforming placing the Star 6/6 Star Beast set build and Star Beast Orb under Kraken set + Snow Orb with is way cheaper and 1 year older than this new set. Imagine paying 700m + for a set or spending few thousand dollars just to perform like this in a lb map. Of course prices went down by the time I'm releasing this. The current value on the market of my set is around 600mil without pet. If I m using H polar sloted and H sabra, the damage is slightly better but doesn't make a noticeable difference.

Please enlighten me and the others who spend a fortune to be competitive ending up in a darker place. We're not talking there about ppl who have better awakes because I'm aware of the difference in performance. I am talking about builds with similar stats, rotations, different items and procs. I can show you the damage dealt by a guildmate with Kraken + Snow Orb. Snow Orb is 3 4m on the market. You can get full kraken with 200m or less right now. What is the point of getting Star Beast if it is not any better? Because if your argument is to have a different playsyle in place, I ll happily skip it and keep 400m gold in inventory or few thousands dollars in my pockets.
    Damn bro. Thats really bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Star Beast spirit can barelly do any damage. It is almost useless. The animations are clunky and the aiming is way to slow. By the time the Spirit hits, your enemy is long dead. Can you guys please take a look on that too? I don't mean to make it powerfull but usefull in any way rather than having just a walking animation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

2.8k int xd

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

It is too low? I have friends who can melt half of the boss damage with lower than that, same boss damage same crit damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The issue here is that the way Star Beast weapon works makes them hard to pair with other procs. For example you can use them with krak staff proc, switch to star beast weapons but again this is slightly better in terms of performance than snow orb with costs with 110m less or more, or slightly better (at least on paper) vs force gun. However the fact that Star Beast weapons proc almost instantly (whitch I like a lot), it gives you almost no room to switch to kraken so you can proc it and if you can proc kraken what is the point of getting Star Beast in the first place? It would have been much easier if we knew how this set was intended to work but as Cinco said, we have to discover. Well at this point, after many tests in many possible way, I find like overall Star Beast is bad than any other possibly build that are also way cheaper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well we discovered that we can proc stack the star weapon with kraken weapon doing a charged attack after you proc and switch to damage set but why does it work with some and not the others. For example you can get the cosmic thunder (sometimes) using the kraken staff proc
    In my opinion the weapon is not working as it should be or bugging somehow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

You better use sb weap + 6/6 sb (include new amulet) for dmg buff, not proc. Wear full set, use one attacking skill, 1st hit triggers 7 sec of 200% dmg (green icon in hud), then proc kraken or whatever weapon you like. I know this has nothing to do with weak proc of sb weap, but every new weapon does not have to outperform previous one, it would lead to 10m/tick DOTS with arcane 86/91, that's insane. We can utilize sb set to work in our favor. Nothing in this game provides you this high stacking 100% chance buff for 7sec and that is worth getting in my opinion.

I appreciate effort of sts to bring new procs, but whenever new proc of expensive mythic/arcane is weaker (in dmg output) than previous one this is what happens, players want stronger stuff for money they spend on AL. I understand them, but i wish procs are not as important in this game, rather support to skills.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmqp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I think you didn t watch my video. That is exactly what I did. But the weapon is irrelevant. If the set pieces can be used in various combinations with kraken to boost the damage output, Star Beast weapon simply doesn t fit in this equation. I m talking here about Orb as I don t have any infos at this time regarding other two classes. I don t play them and I don t intend to. Star Beast Orb is a combination between Kraken Gun proc (but you need the full set in order to make it relevant) witch is a downside, the Force Gun (stats wise), and Snow Orb rough damage wise. There is no point in getting those new weapons if you have kraken. Do not mention that someone with full zaarus and Hyperos proc managed to take 60% of the Lord s Fly health in one proc, using krak armor as well. Again I understand that this is the way this game works and devs need to make money and keep some relevance to old items but not this way. Not by making them completely irrelevant for people who wants them the most. I have full 8/8 star beast. Without economy and people buying platinum, spending them on lockeds and looting those weapons, people would never manage to get that set in the first place. Imagine having a set that worth few thousend dollars at least, performing like crap. Because even if I spent just few houndred dollars myself to get the entire set, the total amount spent in order for those pieces to be lootes is way bigger than that. This is the path they choose. Vertical progression always had those issues and we face them as we speak. I feel like it is my right to complain when I notice something is not fair. I could simply not buy it in the first place or sell right away when I saw it sucks compared with what I had. But I love the way this set works, just need a bit of rework or buff I don t know, to bring them more in line with what we currently have taking in cosideration the availability. Why anyone will pay 400m for Star Beast set to make Star Beast weapon work in the first place and deal way less damage than a 200m set or even less?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I think you didn t watch my video. That is exactly what I did.
    You did not do what i've suggested to you to do. You did proc mythic sb and then your kraken armor proced and that is not what i've suggested. I have suggested you to use clock or other attacking skill by wearing 8/8, don't use auto attack to proc mythic weapon, just use single skill by wearing 8/8 sb. First scratch will trigger this 7 sec 200% dmg buff (green icon in hud), so you can see it as 7 sec of 200% dmg proc, that can be stacked with any weapon you wish. For instance after you trigger this buff, you can freely swap to other set, be it zaarus with hyperos or kraken, proc hyperos, krakens or whatever weapon you want and their proc will get this +200% dmg.

Dmg output of proc from mythic SB is weak, and i've mentioned that when they were released, because i had them on day 1, not weeks later. We can either cry about weak dot from proc, or utilize set in our favor. If you ask me, 7 sec of 200% buff to any proc i pick is definitely worth getting. It's up to you if you want this heavy buff now, when set is quite pricey, or you are ok waiting 2 months, when pieces drop. It was always this way, new stuff is pricey and price of it drops over time.

I'll mention it once again, if you look at this 8/8 sb set under different "angle", you will see it's worth it. Don't look at weak dot from proc, look at 200% dmg buff, that lasts 7 sec and can be stacked with any weapon you want if you use it in correct order. Other than that set provides protection against debuffs that will be very needed in elite Elder Woods.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Bro, it is the Weapon that bothers me the most. It is a WEAPON for god sake, not a buff machine or whatever. I expect it to work as a weapon and I don t want to utilize 1000 weapons in my rotation for an optimal output. If that s the case I ll simply delete the game and move on. I am tired of changing things constantly and loosing money and in game currency because devs can t decide their market strategy. I ask you again and please answer me. How does Krak gun does better if it has way lower stats and the same debuff proc 75%. How does that make any sense to you? Do you even test what you say or you talk based on rumors? Please if so, do a video about it and prove me wrong squizing the hell out of that SB Orb. I have tested the Star set + Orb with Krak staff and the output was still low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

To be clear. I want to use Star Beast Orb and deal more damage than any other weapon currently in the game as it is the latest released weapon and the entire f system is based on vertical progression. If it is not better or competitive I don t want it, I don t need it. I can clear mobs using Aquaris witch is a 2m staff right now. I don t want to use Star Beast weapon as a support for any weapon that is 1 year old in the game. If you don t understand my pov, fine by that, but please understand I m not talking from books.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Without using fish oils or pet aa hitting 830k dmg. Btw the second picture is me using mythic weapon.

When you understand how to use the orb it is very useful. Also spawning 15-20 lightnings in 1 proc is enjoyable. The only improvement I see there is to remove the stun effect from orb and give it 50-100% more armor therefore, so that the orb becomes even more powerful. Can’t reflect to stunned enemies.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xmoopig View Post
    Lets have a talk about the 8/8 star beast set

According to my test I think 4/4 Zaarus combined with kraken armor perform way better then 8/8 star combined with kraken armor due to the non-stacking damage on the pendant (for example normal hydra : aquaris kraken set easy kill while star beast weapon with kraken set stop at 75%/on hedo the damage was just hilarious )

You can make the argument that star beast full set is made to be independent from kraken but I can't see this set doing more then 20-30% the damage kraken weapon does even less.

which brings us to how would this level 86 set perform in the future map release like elite hedo and elite elder wood.
    Does it need a buff or rework? I think yes for mage this weapon is the 2.0 version of dragon staff same proc and mechanics and deals a slightly more dmg.

I really encourage the devs to spend more time testing items in-game instead of relaying on the data and statistics. Every release we see the same thing happening items with low damage then buffed and buffed again. I mean why we don't make more effort to release an item that perform properly and doesn't need changes.

One more thing to mention after proc kraken weapon and change to star weapons and change attack you get the second part of the proc which is the reflective shield in my case. I even get the cosmic thunder sometimes while using kraken staff proc
    Is it a bug or work as intended?

What do you guys think?
    i always get cosmic thunder proc when i proc krak gun then swap to 8/8 its helpfull 2 dot procs at same time ����

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

U need to use heroic ghostly hb �� with heroic sabra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recilencia123 View Post
    2.8k int xd

Your int is soo dam low 2k most late stage players have 3.5-4.7k int
    Thats why ur dmg is poop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Americanarmy View Post
    Your int is soo dam low 2k most late stage players have 3.5-4.7k int
    Thats why ur dmg is poop
    im not from video, just say that bcz think this is reason why low dmg he do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recilencia123 View Post
    im not from video, just say that bcz think this is reason why low dmg he do

Lmao my bad i tag wrong person but yea also his pet aa is straight garbage �� i use hero holley passive for 10% crit dmg hero ghostly happy bonus for dmg buffs and herosabra aa for dmg buffs easy work on bosses my highesy dmg on mage was 622k
    Last edited by Americanarmy; 03-05-2024 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Add extra stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You have very low int thats ur problem plus u have bad pet happy bonus and bad AA