Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Item Packs - Me Mad

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Default Item Packs - Me Mad

First of all, thank you STS for offering us item packs as we asked for them. I appreciate it rly much that u guys heard what we want and offered us it.

Then to the rant.

Yayyyy item packs!! Woohooo! I CAN FINALLY GET MY "EXCLUSIVE" VANITIES WHICH WERE POSSIBLE TO GET FROM LAST HALLOWEEN EVENT!!

Bull****

The main reason why I am so mad atm is that Zombie Head is my absolute favorite vanity helm, mostly because I love the derpiness of it as it resembles my intbirds smartness. The other reason I love(d) it was because it was exclusive. All of the last year's item packs were so popular for two reasons: 1. They were new fancy vanities and 2. They were exclusive. I bought all 2011 Halloween and Xmas vanities from packs (except devil horns and gingerbread man pet) mainly because they were exclusive. I never wear those vanities (except Zombie Head ofc) but I still collected them. I like to know that I have them to proof myself and others that I have been here.

This all sounds egoistic and I recognize that. But what else are vanities for (especially elite vanities nowadays) than to prance around? Vanities, especially the event vanities, are our signs that "we have been here, u haven't".

Once again, ty for listening to us but don't bring the old vanities back. That'll piss off many egoistic long-term players as myself.

/endrant

Edit: I wouldn't be this mad unless u didn't put randomly selected last year's item pack items to new packs. Where is the consistency? By this way there is no more reasoning than to blame laziness. There's no way reasoning as u still kept some Halloween items exclusive and some not.

Edit2: Not to mention the fact that the current plat packs are 5 plat cheaper than the 2011 ones. Same items for lower price? The vanities like Big Luck and Snowman Helm were at least more expensive to get as DoTs later on than they were during the actual events..
    Last edited by dudetus; 10-30-2012 at 04:11 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Not to be Johnny rain cloud but I couldn't disagree more. Last year I agreed with you 100%. Then I realized that the devs said nothing will be "exclusive." I agree with the devs. As I stated in a different thread, go play games like Guild Wars 2. They literally have nothing that you keep year round. You basically get the vanity costumes and then they go away. It made me realize that identity is not found in the rarity of your items. Take my friend Jcoultet for instance. His "trademark" was his green Viking helm. My friend Katahra's trademark was the black Viking helm. Many have them, but no one rocks them quite like them.

Btw, this is coming from a guy who was so caught up in his snowman helm until sts released in the dotd. I was upset at first, but then I realized there's nothing to be upset about. This year I wouldn't be surprised if the snowman hat gets released again. Guess what? I'll still be rocking it like a baws!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Yea, kinda sucks. At least my Super Traffic Cone...i mean 2011 Witch Hat is still exclusive =3

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Not to be Johnny rain cloud but I couldn't disagree more. Last year I agreed with you 100%. Then I realized that the devs said nothing will be "exclusive." I agree with the devs. As I stated in a different thread, go play games like Guild Wars 2. They literally have nothing that you keep year round. You basically get the vanity costumes and then they go away. It made me realize that identity is not found in the rarity of your items. Take my friend Jcoultet for instance. His "trademark" was his green Viking helm. My friend Katahra's trademark was the black Viking helm. Many have them, but no one rocks them quite like them.

Btw, this is coming from a guy who was so caught up in his snowman helm until sts released in the dotd. I was upset at first, but then I realized there's nothing to be upset about. This year I wouldn't be surprised if the snowman hat gets released again. Guess what? I'll still be rocking it like a baws!
    I wouldn't be this upset if every single Halloween item which was during 2011 event was brought back, but it is "roll a dice" mentality. Where is witch hat 2011, pumpkin helms 2010 and 2011? Why to keep few items exclusive and some not?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I wouldn't be this upset if every single Halloween item which was during 2011 event was brought back, but it is "roll a dice" mentality. Where is witch hat 2011, pumpkin helms 2010 and 2011? Why to keep few items exclusive and some not?
    With that mentality, I couldn't agree with you more! My guess is, they (the devs) know alot of people (significant people) will be so upset that they will lose sales due to quitting. I don't blame them for that either. It's like I said in a different thread, as long as they establish consistency, I'm cool with it. But they need to establish it and establish it fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I think i understand both points of views and to be honest, there is an easy answer: change the gear. Can be color or can be shape. Take the easter rabbit ears for example. Old ones are straight and now more expensive coz they are less of them. Creates more stuff in game etc. the question of exclusivity is tricky but i would lean towards creating exclusive items if i had a choice (also replicating them in a different way). People like to be different, special, thats another thing that keeps us playing. I call it pixel fame but nobody can deny it is important and i assume part of STS customer acquisition and retention strategy.

So by changing gear you: [love boat music in the background]

1) help develop merching.
    2) keep dudetus (and me and many others) happy in the knowledge they have something 'exclusive'.
    3) Keep newer players happy because they can get their hands in similar cool looking stuff.
    4) minimise tech/design work for sts.

makes sense no?
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pakax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

As for the question of consistency, well, they need to get their acts together, between glyph 56 an drags, i know a lot of peeps (including myself) who are really annoyed at unannounced changes in game strategy.
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pakax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Exclusive shmex-shmusive
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

You might as well bring back the founder's helm too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Gotta say , I agree with the dude. I bought 8 packs till I got a 2012 item. A lootable towel. Everything else I had already.
    gf.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    Gotta say , I agree with the dude. I bought 8 packs till I got a 2012 item. A lootable towel. Everything else I had already.
    I got a skelly shield on the 3rd try.. Looks super weird on mages. O-o

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pakax View Post
    I think i understand both points of views and to be honest, there is an easy answer: change the gear. Can be color or can be shape. Take the easter rabbit ears for example. Old ones are straight and now more expensive coz they are less of them. Creates more stuff in game etc. the question of exclusivity is tricky but i would lean towards creating exclusive items if i had a choice (also replicating them in a different way). People like to be different, special, thats another thing that keeps us playing. I call it pixel fame but nobody can deny it is important and i assume part of STS customer acquisition and retention strategy.

So by changing gear you: [love boat music in the background]

1) help develop merching.
    2) keep dudetus (and me and many others) happy in the knowledge they have something 'exclusive'.
    3) Keep newer players happy because they can get their hands in similar cool looking stuff.
    4) minimise tech/design work for sts.

makes sense no?
    Exactly. Well put my friend.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heroelite View Post
    You might as well bring back the founder's helm too.
    If you read my previous post in between the lines, you'd realise that i am not entirely against that. They could have a long lasting player helm for peeps who have been playing 2 years or something. Same stats as founders, same shape, but maybe pink instead of purple-ish.
    That would make perfectly sense.

Ps: no rage please! :-)
    Pakax | Eclipse GM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I payed last year 20 Platin per item pack and now its 15 Platin and the chance to get every item from it are WAY better then the Chances from 2011.I bought last year 7 item packs and got 2/5 items.This year i bought 9 and got 8/8.The brought EVERY rare Event item that i got back...the whole Christmas items from 2010 and now the Halloween items from 2011.Really?!Almost all items are back but not the Pumpkin Head from 2010.And this is fair???Think about it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Yeh I love how they screw over the vets who payed 5 plat more per pack
    Then add insult to injury by having the same vanities(minus the glowing safety cone)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Im annoyed also. Im all for "consistancy" if thats what they were doing, but the're not. some things are not availiable ( orange witch hat, the first pumpkin helm, devils fork), thats odd.
    I necroed the year old thread of last years haloween to show anyone who forgot, that ppl were threatening to quit about the first pumpkin helm, the old time players were saying a year ago, "we want excusive items" and sts listened, at least by changing it up. This year nothing was changed in the least. Seems even odder when the say about the dragon vanities- "We dont want everyone to look alike", but then make more people look like me last year, well , that was before i took off my zombie mask for the first time in one year.

the "nothing will be exclusive" phrase would be great if it were true, but they make exclusive human faces, and exclusive items like the plat egg.
    they didnt stick to the "nothing will be exlusive" idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Item Packs - Me Mad

Stop being selfish. I have every single 2010 wf pack item. Almost every single one of those items was brought back. I was kinda disappointed but me and others didn't make 5+ threads raging about it. Time to get over it. Eventually it will be exclusive as I highly doubt they will bring them back 3 years in a row but hey it wouldn't bother me if they did.

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Elyseon: Its not just the plat...its the whole Story(I know that you have enough so you dont care).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nmyxspaceship View Post
    Stop being selfish. I have every single 2010 wf pack item. Almost every single one of those items was brought back. I was kinda disappointed but me and others didn't make 5+ threads raging about it. Time to get over it. Eventually it will be exclusive as I highly doubt they will bring them back 3 years in a row but hey it wouldn't bother me if they did.

Thanks.
    sheesh, this is soo far from rage it might as well be hugging you. it wouldent be selfish if they had changed anything up, everyone would get what they wanted. thats what im sugesting. nothing wrong with us having a possibly unpopular opinion, just as theres nothing wrong with you telling me to, what was that, " oh get over it." Its been a whole day, but my butt takes longer to heal
    anyway i thought i made some valid points that no one has a logical rebuttal to.
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 10-30-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nmyxspaceship View Post

Thanks.
    Raging to a "ragethread" is considered to be a straightening? I do admit that my opinion is a bit biased as I approach the subject with my Zombie Head madness but as Sue said, there have been made valid points throughout this thread.

Donate me a life since u obviously don't think I have one.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post: