Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: More transparence in tooltips and in game overall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default More transparence in tooltips and in game overall

One thing that bothers me the most is the fact that this game have incomplete tooltips that doesn't provide enough information about which effects stacks or not or how it works. For example if I have a proc on my Kraken armor that provides damage multiplier and another proc that also provides damage multiplier on my Star Beast pendant, only one is applied and this is not mentioned anywhere in the tooltip. There are a bunch of pets such as Mephisto that doesn't clearly specify how much stats boost in provides, or for how long or how much cooldown is applied. There is also an issue in the way stats works or at least there is nothing made public about stat caps.
    For example I see rogues having 300% dodge, 150% crit strike, warriors with 20k+ armor, and there are procs that boost those statuses even further. For what reason if the effectiveness is diminished or removed entirely at some point, making all those surplus irrelevant. The issue here is the fact that we don't really know where to stop and focus on other statuses and even if we do, we are losing some important statuses such as dmg bonus, damage or even health if we try to redistribute some of the stat points on other statuses. Those informations should be made public or at least some transparency from the team side should be posted in order to clarify this issue.
    Are we running just higher numbers to flex or it really makes any difference? The difference is outrageous. While mages can barrely hit 20 30% dodge change in endgame, there are rougues that output 300%+. Also most of the skills tooltips are incomplete and doesn't provide enough information about the resulted effect. Please clarify!

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

We're working on it, none of this is malicious. I think what you're probably seeing here is we implement something along with its description, but then change the behavior during testing/balance but neglect to update the description. We also have description length limitations so sometimes it's just not possible to display everything about an item.

Ideally, all of this would be automated, but depending on what it is, we'd have to adjust/update hundreds if not thousands of descriptions. Recently, I've updated/automated pet happy bonus descriptions and have been slowly moving toward automating others such as jewels and itemset descriptions which are currently underway.

Lastly, regarding skills, the Skill Revamp releasing next month should address most of the skill description issues.

-ALS