Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Let's end the luck debate...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Let's end the luck debate...

I'm opening this thread in hopes of clarifying how does luck affect vanity drops? And how does loot mechanic function in general sense ( Yes I know , many threads have been written about this but as far as I've checked not a single one gives a clear answer... )

Here's one thread from Pocket Legends:
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...light=max+luck

Lets break it down:

Author states- Luck doesn't improve the chance of getting a vanity but it also doesn't hurt it..

Yet later in the text she says that vanity CAN reroll into mythic or arcane equipment... This would mean that luck does affect your chances, so which one is it ? '-'

I picked this thread because it's the easiest one to jump into but I read many other threads on this forum and I think I'm starting to get an idea of how the looting system works... Though again only the devs know for sure and any input from their side is much appreciated

Reroll - When this occurs game takes note of the item rarity from your first roll > Then it rolls again > if the second roll produces an item of higher rarity you get a notification "You rerolled for better loot" and you get to keep it, but If it's the same rarity or lower then the reroll fails and you get the original item.

Concept:

What happens in between killing a mob and the item showing up in your inventory?

My guess is that it's something like this ...

Every mob has multiple loot tables , so the game first has to decide what loot table to assign to the player > Reroll/Luck don't affect this decision whatsoever > Once a table is assigned player starts to roll for items within that table > Player gets an item > Reroll is triggered and it rolls again from the same table > If the resulting item from 2nd roll is better then you get to keep it

Now if this is true, does that mean that once the table is picked it is set in stone ? Reroll can only help you roll again from within the same table in hopes of getting a better item?

If yes then there probably exists a wholly separate table called "vanities"? And the game decides when it'll give someone a chance to roll for items from this table?

If the game assigns you this table then you can only get vanities - Reroll has no effect on this table as it cannot influence the game whether to assign you this table or not and all the items inside this table are of the same rarity -VANITY- so even if it rolled again the reroll would fail ( 1st and 2nd rolls would produce items of same rarity )

The other alternative that I see is something like this.

Every mob has 3/4 loot tables kinda like this:

"Common" table - Junk gear
    "Rare" table - Normal gear up to Myth
    "0.01%" table - Vanities , Myth and Arcane gear

Everything is mixed together so to avoid the possibility of rerolling vanity into Myth/Arcane equipment they specifically disabled the reroll function for the "0.01%" table? That would be a bit silly, and I really hope that is not something the devs are doing... But it coincides with few instances in AL where more luck doesn't seem to improve your chances of looting better gear, almost as if the best of the best gear lays on an entirely separate loot table?

Now... I am not asking for any actual numbers like what are the drop rates or whatever, just a simple explanation on does the luck affect vanity drops, and if it does or doesn't a simple reasoning behind why that's the case so we can rest assured knowing a bit more on how the loot mechanics work...

@Cinco
    @Futumsh

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

Loot drops never reroll from or to vanity. Luck does not affect vanity drops in any way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Thank you for reaffirming that fact and assisting in confusion on wether to wear luck or no luck when desiring Vanity items as a loot.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Hello, i want to ask is there any Pocket legend discord server ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thank you , the same applies to all games not just PL?
    ^m^