Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Arlorian Egg Hunt 2024

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmqp View Post
    I play this game since 2013, participating in all major events (been in top10 of some of them), are we comparing anything? :-)

What maps do you play to get 2-3 essence per map? As far as i know popular endgame maps give more than that. If you are not well geared for KT4, you can run Hauntlet, or popular indigo caverns, endgame players know popular spots, guilds can help in this as well. I am genuinely trying to help you here. If the gear is main problem, and friends/guild are not helpful, there is decent essence drop rate in forgotten citadell map as well. It definitely drops more than 2-3 essences per run and good gear isn't required.

I do play with my spouse and bestie, but often i run solo as warrior. We have to consider current gear in farming too. With current gear solo runs are almost as fast as party runs once we have latest gear (entire map can be ran in 3 procs, in 2 procs if you have high damage to finish last 3 eggs without armor proc). In party runs you can make turns in procs (even in random if you let them proc start). Farming of this event as endgame player is easier than ever before with same drop rates as during 2023, where is the problem? Asommers himself said purple eggs drop rates weren't changed. We just don't see re-rolls from luck sets that don't work anymore. Maybe re-roll messages that covered entire loot feed made us feel we were looting so many purple eggs. What other changes were made? STS just changed color of platinum egg and gave them requirement of platinum tier to start dropping from egg machines. I agree many features in AL were moved behind "paywall", even this event bring one "elixir that increases event score", honestly only lb runners require this elixir. Event is still great for us casual players to make high profit.

Prove me wrong, but weren't all energy based events since beginning of AL about farming energy essence, crafting energy kits, and burning kits in event? I keep reading people whine about "this event has poor essence drop rates" every single energy event, in fact drop rates weren't touched in years. Only change to energy kits was crafting fee as form of gold sink. If you are not ready to invest time into farming essences to craft energy, STS offers shortcut by buying energy. If you can't do neither, then how would you like to loot eggs? AL is not form of clash of clans game, where you open game, do upgrades and close game. AL is kind of game that rewards activity, its MMORPG.

I get your point, working people don't have as much time to play and prefer to spend holiday with family rather than grind AL. It is weekend, i have time to play now, i won't be as active during working days, yet still i managed to farm energy for 1hr and run event for another hour on friday. It wasn't long, but i've made profit.

Frankly, things have to be balanced. If STS had allowed us to drop a platinum egg every other run, just because some of us can't find enough time to grind AL, then those active ones with hours of free time would be making stacks of x999 platinum eggs.

To me things are balanced, believe me you'll get decent amount of platinum eggs if you'll prevail running. Random runs are fast too (tested it), farming energy can be tricky without gear, but Indigo Caverns is usually full of players, and citadell map does not require team. AL had always been about grind.
    Lmao don't worry about my gear, i think i'm good enough. Not every event has same essence drop. For example previous event for each indigo i got like 7/8 essences. Rn, for my experience so far, is like half of that amount. But i wanna be understanding and just call it my bad luck, is ok. Don't even worry about my event runs, i can solo and one tap every egg np. At end of day, if a player regrets even to open eggs to make plat tier there is something quite wrong in the dynamic itself. 100 runs requires still quite some time and effort and if you don't get to loot even one plat in those runs honestly is just not effort-rewarding. Eggs in this celebration are gifts, should represent joy and always been like this. Now is just not as joyful anymore

Inviato dal mio 23053RN02A utilizzando Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sulphurea For This Useful Post: