Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is the difficulty?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    Everything you said is very true. I have spent alot of time helping new players and some just want help through a map or ask questions and I do my best to help but then you run into the ones that just want a handout. I have given away alot of things in the game to players but I avoid the ones that are just lazy. I dont really consider myself as a "player" anymore, I personally think the game has become to busy with all the new options and it just doesn't appeal to me anymore but I do still enjoy the social aspect of it.

I think it would be really great if there was a group of like minded people that could gather together and help as many serious new players as possible. Some type of Cult or whatever they wanted to call it... Maybe someone should start one. ��
    People still take advantage of it. I mean by people those are veterans btw usually. This is why leveling path starting from fester has to be reworked to be able to run alone for them. Hopefully skill revamp going to help a little but won't be enough for sure I can say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    Everything you said is very true. I have spent alot of time helping new players and some just want help through a map or ask questions and I do my best to help but then you run into the ones that just want a handout. I have given away alot of things in the game to players but I avoid the ones that are just lazy. I dont really consider myself as a "player" anymore, I personally think the game has become to busy with all the new options and it just doesn't appeal to me anymore but I do still enjoy the social aspect of it.

I think it would be really great if there was a group of like minded people that could gather together and help as many serious new players as possible. Some type of Cult or whatever they wanted to call it... Maybe someone should start one. 🤔
    I can't help myself from helping though. It's usually happens when I'm on my low level in travellers ( by the way, why isn't there a pub in Travellers? I mean, after the long journey through the goldmine...) anyway, I see it, someone says, "help!". Then it gets louder and more urgent and sort of with a pleading that I just can't ignore. "Please can someone help me?", they cry.
    Quick as a flash I switch to my main, look in the open chat and party the poor soul.
    Big mistake, off we go, through all the maps to Nordr and beyond.
    It doesn't end there. Through our journey I start gifting them with pets, gears, ankhs, a starter house and sometimes vanities. By the time we get to underhul, oh I hate that map, the hibiscus quest is so difficult to explain to new players, I have headache and I'm sweating, my battery is getting lower and I'm thinking of excuses to go but by then they just keep going.....to festerfang and I'm beginning to dislike the person I'm helping and feeling resentment because they've stopped thanking me and are now treating me as their personal slave.
    Sometimes STS have come to my rescue, and broadcasted and update. Oh the relief, I can say bye, "best to go now, we will be disconnected", I type. Then take I my leave after lots of "take cares" and "Cya laters", I inwardly vow that I'll never ever do that again, but I'm the person who just can't seem to can't ignore that word "help". Maybe it's me who needs help, someone teach me how to say no. 🥺

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    I can't help myself from helping though. It's usually happens when I'm on my low level in travellers ( by the way, why isn't there a pub in Travellers? I mean, after the long journey through the goldmine...) anyway, I see it, someone says, "help!". Then it gets louder and more urgent and sort of with a pleading that I just can't ignore. "Please can someone help me?", they cry.
    Quick as a flash I switch to my main, look in the open chat and party the poor soul.
    It doesn't end there. Through our journey I start gifting them with pets, gears, ankhs, a starter house and sometimes vanities. By the time we get to underhul, oh I hate that map, the hibiscus quest is so difficult to explain to new players, I have headache and I'm sweating, my battery is getting lower and I'm thinking of excuses to go but by then they just keep going.....to festerfang and I'm beginning to dislike the person I'm helping and feeling resentment because they've stopped thanking me and are now treating me as their personal slave.
    Sometimes STS have come to my rescue, and broadcasted and update. Oh the relief, I can say bye, "best to go now, we will be disconnected", I type. Then take I my leave after lots of "take cares" and "Cya laters", I inwardly vow that I'll never ever do that again, but I'm the person who just can't seem to can't ignore that word "help". Maybe it's me who needs help, someone teach me how to say no. 🥺
    From personal experience, never give them anything, the only thing I give are elixirs of experience, when faced with any request, I ignored them because before you helped a lot and they left the guild, it is very rare that they appreciate the help nowadays, they need to suffer this generation, they want everything for free

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Activista For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Activista View Post
    From personal experience, never give them anything, the only thing I give are elixirs of experience, when faced with any request, I ignored them because before you helped a lot and they left the guild, it is very rare that they appreciate the help nowadays, they need to suffer this generation, they want everything for free
    I have met some of my closest friends by helping them out when they first started. Yes I agree that the majority of people you help takes advantage of it with no appreciation but... There are always those few that actually do appreciate the help and helping people makes me personally feel good even if they dont appreciate it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I inwardly vow that I'll never ever do that again, but I'm the person who just can't seem to can't ignore that word "help". Maybe it's me who needs help, someone teach me how to say no. ��
    I seen some really top hardcore player that get bombarded with pms for help.. he would show me the mail messages for help and even friend requests that just lead to begging for help only. It's more crazy during double exp because there's sets of folks.. not just one or two.. there would be another 3 players waiting till he's done helping others just to be in line.. and he wouldn't get anything done for himself but that's the sacrifice he would take and that's the worst part about having such a good heart for others. I guess it seems like after he realized that they only used him.. the top hardcore guy would decline them respectfully and move on with his own thing but the folks that asked for help begin to hate him because he respectfully declined. I've seen it first hand which is by far the scariest part.
    It's true that some folks will just use you and not appreciate the time you spent for them.. it's so shameful.

but I seen him using this line lately and it works great for him

What he would do is.. he would look at the stats and he will say you're decent enough to solo but if it's someone who's genuinely a noob, then he would help by giving a item or two and that's about it. nothing more and nothing less.
    if they keep asking for help.. then he would say, I'm busy atm working on my own char I'm not really obligated to help you but try to ask your guild.
    and if they do it the third time and again he would say
    I'm not obligated to help you, it's my account and I control it, not you. Sorry noty. Please join a guild and seek the loyalty of someone that will help you because I'm busy atm.

after that line he wouldn't respond to anything and just move on continuing to play with his guild and spouse and play the game. That's what I witnessed that seems to work so far.

Don't give away your precious time to those that don't appreciate your time and assistance sis <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Sometimes STS have come to my rescue, and broadcasted and update. Oh the relief, I can say bye, "best to go now, we will be disconnected", I type. Then take I my leave after lots of "take cares" and "Cya laters", I inwardly vow that I'll never ever do that again, but I'm the person who just can't seem to can't ignore that word "help". Maybe it's me who needs help, someone teach me how to say no. ��
    Lmaoo I feel this. I do help new players, but I specifically tell them which quests they need help with and to keep me updated. I can't spend hours helping one player. I also give new players gold if they're asking for liike "6,000 to buy legendary sword" I give them 60k or 600k because that amount is insignificant to me and maybe it helps them out alot. Also if I have extra eggs I give them, they usually are very happy about any little thing they can get and it brings a little joy to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

In the past I have made many posts about how new players need help and I stick to that. The reason I do help people is because I remember how it felt to need help with the dreaded Alpha boss in Nordr years ago.
    Now some of you may remember just how difficult the bosses were back then. The cap was level 36 but I wasn't quite there, gears were usually a mixture of legendary and epic.
    I'll never forget it. People from the guild I was in and a warrior friend came into the map. I was told to hide behind a rock (not me physically, my rogue) and when it was time, they would tell me to join in. That boss was hard, it reflects but not many new players notice that now because it's easy these days to solo but it took them quite a while to kill it. They used skill and strategy.
    All the bosses back then were hard.
    I'm glad new players do get the help they need and my post earlier was to raise a smile because I know most of us have been there. We want to help, it makes us feel good but sometimes we do get tired.
    In fact sometimes it's easier to give them items and gold but time is more precious.
    Giving advice, answering questions just chatting and sending them a friend invite besides helping out with items is usually what they need.
    I would sooner they asked for help with bosses and gave the maps a try though and yes, as someone mentioned, guilds should be helpful too.
    New players need to team up but it never happens nowadays. Even old players don't team play as much, in fact some feel the need to solo Rahab, Hedo etc..then brag about it. Sorry for rambling on. I'll zip it now. 🤐

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

In the past I have made many posts about how new players need help and I stick to that. The reason I do help people is because I remember how it felt to need help with the dreaded Alpha boss in Nordr years ago.
    Now some of you may remember just how difficult the bosses were back then. The cap was level 36 but I wasn't quite there, gears were usually a mixture of legendary and epic.
    I'll never forget it. People from the guild I was in and a warrior friend came into the map. I was told to hide behind a rock (not me physically, my rogue) and when it was time, they would tell me to join in. That boss was hard, it reflects but not many new players notice that now because it's easy these days to solo but it took them quite a while to kill it. They used skill and strategy.
    All the bosses back then were hard.
    I'm glad new players do get the help they need and my post earlier was to raise a smile because I know most of us have been there. We want to help, it makes us feel good but sometimes we do get tired.
    In fact sometimes it's easier to give them items and gold but time is more precious.
    Giving advice, answering questions just chatting and sending them a friend invite besides helping out with items is usually what they need.
    I would sooner they asked for help with bosses and gave the maps a try though and yes, as someone mentioned, guilds should be helpful too.
    New players need to team up but it never happens nowadays. Even old players don't team play as much, in fact some feel the need to solo Rahab, Hedo etc..then brag about it. Sorry for rambling on. I'll zip it now.
    I totally agree that nowadays gameplay is more into gear than skill.
    The best advice you can give to people is to buy the latest gear and they will step on everything.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fahtsssss View Post
    Lmaoo I feel this. I do help new players, but I specifically tell them which quests they need help with and to keep me updated. I can't spend hours helping one player. I also give new players gold if they're asking for liike "6,000 to buy legendary sword" I give them 60k or 600k because that amount is insignificant to me and maybe it helps them out alot. Also if I have extra eggs I give them, they usually are very happy about any little thing they can get and it brings a little joy to me.
    That's so nice of you. Seeing these posts made me smile. It's nice to know there's good people out there.
    I know it's "just a game" but like I always say, this game mirrors real life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

That's so nice of you. Seeing these posts made me smile. It's nice to know there's good people out there.
    I know it's "just a game" but like I always say, this game mirrors real life.
    Susanne, You make me proud to know you. Yes, the game is just a game but the people playing it are real so you are doing actual good for sure. If they appreciate it or don't doesn't make you any less of a good person. So keep being awesome! :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i agree with this

not with the writer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

its very easy very hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Sometimes STS have come to my rescue, and broadcasted and update. Oh the relief, I can say bye, "best to go now, we will be disconnected", I type. Then take I my leave after lots of "take cares" and "Cya laters", I inwardly vow that I'll never ever do that again, but I'm the person who just can't seem to can't ignore that word "help". Maybe it's me who needs help, someone teach me how to say no. ��
    Lol so true. But wait, it doesn't stop there. You befriend every one of the players who needs help, and of course now they receive notifications whenever you join the game. Prepare yourself for 10+ dms the second you open the game, no matter what time of day it is. Now you can't remove them from your friends list because that would be rude, right? And they would notice right away since, well, you're their only friend right now hahaha. Now you have to come up with excuses everytime you play the game, and send them all the same message.

Its like in that saying "give someone a hand, and they'll take your whole arm". Somehow I can understand them, but on the other side it takes so much time to help everyone run through same boring maps 100 times for quests or xp farm. At some point it gets old and u become tired of getting so many dms from people asking for help. I mean sure, we all have been newbies at some point, but tbh I don't think I've ever stressed someone out like that asking them everyday to help me or give me stuff. Perhaps that's the whole problem with the difficulty of the game nowadays, and this is where sts should start investigating some options to make newbies' lives easier.