Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the difficulty?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default what is the difficulty?

Many have criticized me for asking for difficulty in the game and others complain because they die easily, here I will tell you what the main problem with this is, the difficulty goes up and down in seconds... we see this every day, without processes we are cockroaches, but with processes we kill everything just by passing by the enemies, both cases are wrong, the difficulty is not in receiving 1 fatal attack without being a fatal attack for example... the mausoleum magician does not hit hard but his attack special was to cause the same death, the current case is... the enemies hit hard because they are destined to withstand you with the processes of strong weapons, the problem now is that the benefit of weapons and other weapons make you overcome the difficulty that this intended to withstand the enemy by making them the cockroach and not us, to have a balance in the game we need enemies with unique abilities and hard to kill but they cannot kill you equally easily, we need to play with weapons capable of creating benefits without strongly harm the player's statistics, we are at a limit where the developers are already obliged to impress us with an extra benefit so that we buy that weapon, I think it is normal that they do this for that reason but there really are a thousand ways to generate money without harming the weaponry of the game, for example creating an elite or super elite version of the weaponry, which gives a little more main statistics to be a little stronger... not breaking the game, just feeling the strength without having an exaggeratedly large benefit, Along with this, obviously visual improvements to attract attention, also having many gems in the game with benefits for everything and so we all put together our personalized set with X gems for X usefulness, it is not difficult to combat this, just make the weapons weaker and everything Whatever they get from now on, the game does not need statistical multiplication, it needs balance on both sides

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Activista View Post
    Many have criticized me for asking for difficulty in the game and others complain because they die easily, here I will tell you what the main problem with this is, the difficulty goes up and down in seconds... we see this every day, without processes we are cockroaches, but with processes we kill everything just by passing by the enemies, both cases are wrong, the difficulty is not in receiving 1 fatal attack without being a fatal attack for example... the mausoleum magician does not hit hard but his attack special was to cause the same death, the current case is... the enemies hit hard because they are destined to withstand you with the processes of strong weapons, the problem now is that the benefit of weapons and other weapons make you overcome the difficulty that this intended to withstand the enemy by making them the cockroach and not us, to have a balance in the game we need enemies with unique abilities and hard to kill but they cannot kill you equally easily, we need to play with weapons capable of creating benefits without strongly harm the player's statistics, we are at a limit where the developers are already obliged to impress us with an extra benefit so that we buy that weapon, I think it is normal that they do this for that reason but there really are a thousand ways to generate money without harming the weaponry of the game, for example creating an elite or super elite version of the weaponry, which gives a little more main statistics to be a little stronger... not breaking the game, just feeling the strength without having an exaggeratedly large benefit, Along with this, obviously visual improvements to attract attention, also having many gems in the game with benefits for everything and so we all put together our personalized set with X gems for X usefulness, it is not difficult to combat this, just make the weapons weaker and everything Whatever they get from now on, the game does not need statistical multiplication, it needs balance on both sides
    I think that the issue of how new players would be able to get enough gold to purchase decent gears should be addressed before something like that could be implemented.
    They are struggling to afford almost everything nowadays and that's because there is nothing to loot from maps and the events aren't very forthcoming when it comes to purchasing things from the vendor that's tradeable.
    The current event has been ok for selling eggs but that's short-lived.
    The balance we did have between free to play and pay to play has been tipped in the favour of pay to play. I use the word "play" loosely as I don't see as many people playing and that is because of the decisions made by the developers. Sorry Devs but it's true, it's done now and I do realise that decisions weren't made in haste and there had to be a good reason otherwise you wouldn't have made them.
    So you see, your ideas aren't going down well because new players are unhappy and some are resentful because they can't afford to purchase plat to get on in the game, they become apathetic and leave.
    I spend a lot of my time helping but even then they don't stay.
    How many players regularly run the woods?
    It's still a good game and I do like the fact that lower levels are getting some encouragement lately. I like playing lower level characters for the difficulty and nostalgia. It would be even better if lower levels would team up and try getting through places like maus and all the other maps made for their level without asking to be carried by high levels. Let's face it, we can't keep blaming the developers for new players being too lazy to try. We had to do all the maps without some super strong player carrying us through.
    I've just talked myself into realising that new players have it a lot easier now.🤔

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Maybe we'll get a truly challenging forest map, when they add elite forest. I hope, that they realize kraken cannot be strong enough to easily kill mobs there, if they wanna sell us new arcanes.
    Maybe we even get a similar situation with sb set, as with zaarus set, where the price will drop to a point, where it becomes affordable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

True but sts is too far gone. Ebon weapons were the last op gear but not insanely op. Then 76 Arcs came and everything became hotbars procs. If they remove this all the players who bought and invested in op gear will cry. Why revert? All they need to do is in next expansion nerf and balance. That's it. Too much op Arcane gear. Why even have legend or epic or common gear? If it's basically useless having full legend gear in 86 new map or even in 81 map. In the past you could solo bosses with legend gear, although it takes time it was actually possible with Devour weapon in shuyal. Like rem's philosophy in an old sts vid it's all about balance. Now skills are useless. All you need is kraken and proc and hot bar.

Sent from my CPH2059 using Tapatalk
    IDK

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    I think that the issue of how new players would be able to get enough gold to purchase decent gears should be addressed before something like that could be implemented.
    They are struggling to afford almost everything nowadays and that's because there is nothing to loot from maps and the events aren't very forthcoming when it comes to purchasing things from the vendor that's tradeable.
    The balance we did have between free to play and pay to play has been tipped in the favour of pay to play. I use the word "play" loosely as I don't see as many people playing and that is because of the decisions made by the developers. Sorry Devs but it's true, it's done now and I do realise that decisions weren't made in haste and there had to be a good reason otherwise you wouldn't have made them.
    So you see, your ideas aren't going down well because new players are unhappy and some are resentful because they can't afford to purchase plat to get on in the game, they become apathetic and leave.
    It's still a good game and I do like the fact that lower levels are getting some encouragement lately. I like playing lower level characters for the difficulty and nostalgia. It would be even better if lower levels would team up and try getting through places like maus and all the other maps made for their level without asking to be carried by high levels. Let's face it, we can't keep blaming the developers for new players being too lazy to try. We had to do all the maps without some super strong player carrying us through.
    I've just talked myself into realising that new players have it a lot easier now.🤔
    New players are luckier than us because nowadays they help more than before but... they must also suffer what we suffer, there are more questions than personal effort to know something, they have become very vague lately

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leebazhafe View Post
    True but sts is too far gone. Ebon weapons were the last op gear but not insanely op. Then 76 Arcs came and everything became hotbars procs. If they remove this all the players who bought and invested in op gear will cry. Why revert? All they need to do is in next expansion nerf and balance. That's it. Too much op Arcane gear. Why even have legend or epic or common gear? If it's basically useless having full legend gear in 86 new map or even in 81 map. In the past you could solo bosses with legend gear, although it takes time it was actually possible with Devour weapon in shuyal. Like rem's philosophy in an old sts vid it's all about balance. Now skills are useless. All you need is kraken and proc and hot bar.

Useless weapons were made because the current arcane is baptized as the strongest and by far, that is why it loses value almost instantly, they are just waiting for the arcane equipment to take things seriously, I have seen it a lot in these expansions, they called me many times ways to ask for nerf to kraken but I know I'm right, those weapons are very exaggerated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leebazhafe View Post

Oh this is so true. Legendary gears back then were useful. I have hotbars but I don't use them for gears. I use mine for lixes and pets.
    Only time I used mine was to switch from pisces to Mari.
    Yes I remember using my legendary gears in elite maps and even when Maus first came about. It's the reason why I have so many deaths on my main. That's the problem too, people spend too much time looking at your kdr and calling you out if you have a lot of deaths.
    Well they should try planar tombs in their level 40s or elite shuyal with the gears we had and the pets weren't as powerful. Strategy and skills were used then.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Oh this is so true. Legendary gears back then were useful. I have hotbars but I don't use them for gears. I use mine for lixes and pets.
    Only time I used mine was to switch from pisces to Mari.
    Yes I remember using my legendary gears in elite maps and even when Maus first came about. It's the reason why I have so many deaths on my main. That's the problem too, people spend too much time looking at your kdr and calling you out if you have a lot of deaths.
    Well they should try planar tombs in their level 40s or elite shuyal with the gears we had and the pets weren't as powerful. Strategy and skills were used then.
    strategies that no longer exist, that's the bad thing about the current era, it's just activating weapons and that's it, everything around you dies

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Activista For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I personally like the way of using gear procs then switch gear for higher damage etc that brings game more strategy in terms of gameplay but...

That requires a pretty well balancing around them and this is where STS failed at it.

So let's talk about kraken sword/gun/bow those 3 weapons got a 75% armor reduce on proc I mean what? And they been designing bosses based on that gear+dps combo which means you need that certain gear to achieve something in the game. There is no other alternatives but aren't new players supposed to be able to farm something without needing that OP gear (cause as you know you literally need a lot gold for that kind of gear) or help to make progress in game?

New players can't do anything when they are at like fester due to lack of gear then when they are finally at 71 there is a xp quest shows up to kill elite bosses? They can't even kill the normal mobs in fester so how come we got here lol.

Long story short starting from festerfang gameplay must be redesigned for new players with new gear and stuff and as second these overloaded procs should stop it doesn't bring a better gameplay at all.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squlo View Post
    I personally like the way of using gear procs then switch gear for higher damage etc that brings game more strategy in terms of gameplay but...

That requires a pretty well balancing around them and this is where STS failed at it.

So let's talk about kraken sword/gun/bow those 3 weapons got a 75% armor reduce on proc I mean what? And they been designing bosses based on that gear+dps combo which means you need that certain gear to achieve something in the game. There is no other alternatives but aren't new players supposed to be able to farm something without needing that OP gear (cause as you know you literally need a lot gold for that kind of gear) or help to make progress in game?

New players can't do anything when they are at like fester due to lack of gear then when they are finally at 71 there is a xp quest shows up to kill elite bosses? They can't even kill the normal mobs in fester so how come we got here lol.

Long story short starting from festerfang gameplay must be redesigned for new players with new gear and stuff and as second these overloaded procs should stop it doesn't bring a better gameplay at all.
    It's like I said, hahaha, the enemies are designed to withstand an arcane process, but the weapons are designed to crush those enemies far above what they should, that is, the balance of stability moves a lot in seconds, before and after having a process. of weapons, they need to nerf the weapons to have better monetary access to buy, they are expensive due to their over-exaggerated strength, this expansion everyone can play elderwood with previous arcane, that should not be like that, some do not even feel the urge to buy the new weapons or the amulet, nor is it necessary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

That’s an issue I adressed many times.

You do no damage without proc because the ennemies have enormous amount of health and skills do not do enough damage.

But with procs on you turn the game on easy mode. You just run on everything.

Moreover the awaks in % are just broken.

I totally agree with you. They should make proc weaker. Ennemies weaker too with better abilities. And mostly remove damage multiplier procs or just nerf then to a really low number like 30% max would’ve been cooler to play.

Moreover they should make the itemisation progression smoother. It’s too drastic to pass from 1%stat to 8%stat with full flawless boosted by damage multiplier procs.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tekila View Post
    That’s an issue I adressed many times.

You do no damage without proc because the ennemies have enormous amount of health and skills do not do enough damage.

But with procs on you turn the game on easy mode. You just run on everything.

Moreover the awaks in % are just broken.

I totally agree with you. They should make proc weaker. Ennemies weaker too with better abilities. And mostly remove damage multiplier procs or just nerf then to a really low number like 30% max would’ve been cooler to play.

Moreover they should make the itemisation progression smoother. It’s too drastic to pass from 1%stat to 8%stat with full flawless boosted by damage multiplier procs.

The percentages of statistics are very complex, a long time ago I saw how much the percentage affected 1 player, and the change is exaggerated considering the multiplications of statistics, I think they should lower the drop percentage of "X" enchantment, or reduce the existing maximum, I feel That in the next expansion that will be very exaggerated (imagining that they continue adding multiplications of statistics)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

It's like I said, hahaha, the enemies are designed to withstand an arcane process, but the weapons are designed to crush those enemies far above what they should, that is, the balance of stability moves a lot in seconds, before and after having a process. of weapons, they need to nerf the weapons to have better monetary access to buy, they are expensive due to their over-exaggerated strength, this expansion everyone can play elderwood with previous arcane, that should not be like that, some do not even feel the urge to buy the new weapons or the amulet, nor is it necessary
    it is not necessary cause as I called it we got the 75% armor reduce on proc anyways so who cares xD new weapons and stuff not capable of doing that even if they got way higher stats compared to older ones.

Here I can address some needed nerfs actually:

Krak bow/gun/sword 75% armor reduce on opponent GIGABROKEN

Krak armor x3 damage multiplier TOO BROKEN (idk why an armor gives x3 dmg as well but w/e)

Star beast amulet x2 damage multiplier and 200% armor TOO BROKEN as well considering we got way more stats on star beast sets this one is going to cause trouble in the future.

Edit: I can't talk of new star beast weapons since haven't seen them on the work properly but their stats seem broken as well just hiding on the shadow under the kraken gear.

So maybe then you can have a decent gameplay which is im hoping for tbh.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squlo View Post
    it is not necessary cause as I called it we got the 75% armor reduce on proc anyways so who cares xD new weapons and stuff not capable of doing that even if they got way higher stats compared to older ones.

Here I can address some needed nerfs actually:

Krak bow/gun/sword 75% armor reduce on opponent GIGABROKEN

Krak armor x3 damage multiplier TOO BROKEN (idk why an armor gives x3 dmg as well but w/e)

Star beast amulet x2 damage multiplier and 200% armor TOO BROKEN as well considering we got way more stats on star beast sets this one is going to cause trouble in the future.

So maybe then you can have a decent gameplay which is im hoping for tbh.
    When they removed the spaces per token in Glinstone and other maps, there were complaints for months but they already got used to it, if they nerf the weapons and everything now... they will get used to it in a few months, there will be a lot of complaints but it is necessary for a more stable future because just Now even though they give me 1 weapon, I'm not going to play PVE at a high level, I even prefer to play at a low level, it causes me more excitement than playing at level 86

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

When they removed the spaces per token in Glinstone and other maps, there were complaints for months but they already got used to it, if they nerf the weapons and everything now... they will get used to it in a few months, there will be a lot of complaints but it is necessary for a more stable future because just Now even though they give me 1 weapon, I'm not going to play PVE at a high level, I even prefer to play at a low level, it causes me more excitement than playing at level 86
    That’s true the old vibe of Arcane legends when legendary gear was decent enough to play PVE and procs where not mendatory to be able to play PVE is gold.
    Even if runs take longer if there is something to drop it’s fine.
    Now you play like a brain dead machine a 30 sec run and remap all days it’s just so dumb and crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

The downside to playing a lower level is when you're at level 50 plus. It gets lonely.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

The downside to playing a lower level is when you're at level 50 plus. It gets lonely.
    When I started at level 25 I started with a friend and now we have a mini community in the guild of that level, for a level to work we have to support and teach people, as an officer I tell them all the advantages it has in the event and weapons costs, if at high level it is uneven I think it is better to encourage people to play at low level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Those lazy new players! LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    Those lazy new players! LOL.
    Yes, some are. I've helped loads of players and there are some that just want carrying through almost every map. I'm not saying all new players are lazy by the way and some don't ask until they really need and I dare say that you have encountered players that just won't even try. In fact some aren't even new, they are alts. 😑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Yes, some are. I've helped loads of players and there are some that just want carrying through almost every map. I'm not saying all new players are lazy by the way and some don't ask until they really need and I dare say that you have encountered players that just won't even try. In fact some aren't even new, they are alts. 😑
    Everything you said is very true. I have spent alot of time helping new players and some just want help through a map or ask questions and I do my best to help but then you run into the ones that just want a handout. I have given away alot of things in the game to players but I avoid the ones that are just lazy. I dont really consider myself as a "player" anymore, I personally think the game has become to busy with all the new options and it just doesn't appeal to me anymore but I do still enjoy the social aspect of it.

I think it would be really great if there was a group of like minded people that could gather together and help as many serious new players as possible. Some type of Cult or whatever they wanted to call it... Maybe someone should start one. 🤔