Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Skill Revamp - Phase II: "Perks" - More Choices, More Power from Skill Upgrades!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laallaala View Post
    I don't know what to think about it but I know what would I want to see:
    Counter how many players are online at a given moment.
    Awakening on pets (different gems and enchancements for characters and pets).
    Make currencies (hauntlet coins, story tokens etc) usable again.
    Add new Sir Spendsalot.
    +1 Everything except the awakening on pets hell no to that we got enough stuff that boosts stats already ty.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Squlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AgentStonoga View Post
    Rogue AOE aimed shot???!
    Warrior with 4.5s shield immunity (thought that 3.5s for mage was a lot..) and axe throw which reduc 100% crit chance?? Poor pvp players...
    nab comment

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    [CENTER]SKILL PERKS

[*=1]Upgrade: interrupt target attacks (if not immune), 20% chance to disorient, eliminate critical hit chance for 2 sec.
    [LIST]
    [*=1]Perk: Chest Splitter does 15% additional damage to bosses.
    • Name: Upswing
    • Description: The Warrior's knowledge of Arlor's most powerful monsters increases damage done.
    • Requires Level: 80

[*=1]Perk: additional 5% chance to disorient and eliminate targets' critical hit chance.
    [LIST]
    [*=1]Name: Decapitate
    [*=1]Description: The Warrior aims for the target's most vulnerable areas for a chance to disrupt their fighting capability.
    [*=1]Requires Level: 80

Also just realized that, 20% chance of disorient and eliminate critical hit chance are separate things. You can't buff something guaranteed 5% more so instead, can we get like a duration upgrade here for critical hit chance removal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Interesting. Thoughts but they don’t really matter since I don’t play 🙂. If this is the route you guys our going to go, why waste time and effort making a Whip Weapon for War, which has no appeal at all? Nothing wrong with trying something new but ya that's not it! Should of put time and effort into Main Hand + Off Hand Skill Perks for Dual Wield War. Which almost makes a new class without making a new class.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Boss damage on rogues health skill can't be used efficiently.
    Please elaborate on what you mean by "used efficiently." Consider adding some sort of contrast like - a skill that can be used efficiently is X but this one can't be because of Y. Would be appreciated - otherwise it just sounds like something you don't want to use (as opposed to something that is actually problematic).

Quote Originally Posted by arozalihd View Post
    Another day and sts finds another way to ruin pvp without thinking about pvp , ur biggest market is pvp and you dont realise it
    Quote Originally Posted by critAL View Post
    You guys realize ur biggest platform or ur money maker is pvp right?
    In reality, no - but I would love to learn more about your belief that PvP is the actual *real* source of Spacetime's revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    Does that mean we got all the skill points to split between those 3 and perks together?
    Yes. This means that a Skill Point can be spent towards an Ultimate (if you are of the appropriate level), towards a Passive, to unlock a Skill, add a Skill Upgrade, or add a Perk for a Skill Upgrade (if you are appropriately leveled and you have unlocked the associated Skill Upgrade).

Quote Originally Posted by Elvaenwae View Post
    I support the "we need more skill points than 86."
    Quote Originally Posted by zynkor View Post
    Yeah, not enough skill points is gonna be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    (This) is going to eat up a hell of a lot of skill points...
    There are currently no plans to boost the number of Skill Points you have 'til we reach the next Cap. This phase of the Skill Revamp is meant to enforce trade-offs. You are free to stay with your current spec and ignore the Perks entirely - but if you want to use them you'll need to trade them for something else in your Skills arsenal: a point of Mastery, a Passive, an upgrade for a Skill. These trade-offs are essential to the effort.

I could be persuaded to offer a single-use path to acquire an additional Skill Point (or two) in the short term but this could affect the total number you get with the next Cap. For instance you get zero Skill Points for Levels 87,88 (or some such). Seems to me that in keeping with the 'trade-off' design foundation here we'd instead turn our attention to buffing of Perks so that the expenditure feels more worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by tanasescu490 View Post
    ...how does the armor debuff and other such skill/procs/buffs work? Do these have a hard cap, diminishing return?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaAaT View Post
    It's nowhere mentioned, that the armor debuffs are stacking. As long as they aren't, it's fine.
    From all that I see in the game data these armor debuffs are non-stacking multipliers. I'll be sure to look at every one of them (since I was way off the last time I spoke publicly about stacking :-$)

ps... The images are misleading .... its 8 perks you can choose per skill in total not 12 that the images used in the OP seem to suggest lol XD
    It's a screenshot of a full stack for each Skill: one main Skill at the top. Four (4) Skill Upgrades down the center with two (2) Perks per Upgrade. Are we saying the same thing? It is indeed eight (8) Perks per Skill at Max Level.

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    small ice patch and hardly spawn the pools during PVE .. can you make it the skill spawn multiple ice patch 2-3 at least with > 20% chance to spawn ice patch
    Appreciate the feedback on the Perks content! I don't know if it should spawn so many (as one feels like enough), but I can see how it feels to increase the spawn chance a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Squlo View Post
    Also just realized that, 20% chance of disorient and eliminate critical hit chance are separate things. You can't buff something guaranteed 5% more so instead, can we get like a duration upgrade here for critical hit chance removal?
    Seems like the description is misleading you. The Perk is taking the 20% chance and increasing it to 25% chance. I'll see if I can rewrite it so there's less confusion. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback - even if I didn't quote your response here - I enjoyed reading all of your ideas and critiques!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Pvp as been ruined a long time ago, and the majority that still enjoy it are whales anyways, new players cant even set foot in most pvp areas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

So complicated, I didn’t even read it.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Please elaborate on what you mean by "used efficiently." Consider adding some sort of contrast like - a skill that can be used efficiently is X but this one can't be because of Y. Would be appreciated - otherwise it just sounds like something you don't want to use (as opposed to something that is actually problematic).
    So say I am focused on offense, I use herb which takes one of the 4 skill slots and the only benefit it has damage wise is 10% boss damage. I would rather use a different damage skill because even if herb gave 100% boss damage it would still not beat using a different skill that would do over 500k damage upon use. 5% dodge is very useless since dodge caps out at 70%.
    Can the 10% bd and 5% dodge be changed to "Damage immunity for 1.5 and 3 seconds" first upgrade is 1.5s and 2nd upgrade is 3s.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Why did we rogues never have immunity? I don't see it useful for us to raise dodge or mitigation when the imbalance of enemies kills as if it were instakill

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Activista View Post
    Why did we rogues never have immunity?
    Long distance (Bow) proficiency and Shadow Piercer's ability to close gaps (and escape) - but Encryptions' suggestion is worth looking into nevertheless :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    So say I am focused on offense, I use herb which takes one of the 4 skill slots and the only benefit it has damage wise is 10% boss damage. I would rather use a different damage skill because even if herb gave 100% boss damage it would still not beat using a different skill that would do over 500k damage upon use. 5% dodge is very useless since dodge caps out at 70%.
    Can the 10% bd and 5% dodge be changed to "Damage immunity for 1.5 and 3 seconds" first upgrade is 1.5s and 2nd upgrade is 3s.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    Cool! Thanks for the detailed response.

Since we do level-gate these Perks it seems like Rogues' damage immunity could be fair game. I will see what we can do here (this is not a promise to add immunity) :-)
    Last edited by Cinco; 03-29-2024 at 08:33 AM.
    | | | |

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Can the dodge stat be removed if rouges are getting immunity ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

sounds cool, lots of customization,

but need more skill points definitely.

I am not too op and barely manage to get by with more passives. Perks seem nice and idc ab pvp. PVE seems good.. just more skill points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

It's a screenshot of a full stack for each Skill: one main Skill at the top. Four (4) Skill Upgrades down the center with two (2) Perks per Upgrade. Are we saying the same thing? It is indeed eight (8) Perks per Skill at Max Level.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skills revamp 1.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	786.2 KB 
ID:	265337

So my initial thought was as I've given the example (p = Perk) it didn't make sense to have a 3rd collom as you would have to activate your upgrade to be able to select the perk

It wasn't until I started to add text to the image I noticed the icons for the upgrades are different sizes with the center ones being slightly larger (perks on the left and right)

Maybe something up for a vote but in my opinion at least would seem to flow better going from left-right or seeing as it is still in development perhaps different icons completely from the upgrades themselves to make it more distinguishable

Looking forward to messing around with the skills after all these years of using the same 2/3 different sets (PvE, Honor & Outpost) XD

Stay blessed

Name:	skills revamp 2.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	275.7 KB 
ID:	265338
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

So my initial thought was as I've given the example (p = Perk) it didn't make sense to have a 3rd collom as you would have to activate your upgrade to be able to select the perk

It wasn't until I started to add text to the image I noticed the icons for the upgrades are different sizes with the center ones being slightly larger (perks on the left and right)

Maybe something up for a vote but in my opinion at least would seem to flow better going from left-right or seeing as it is still in development perhaps different icons completely from the upgrades themselves to make it more distinguishable

Looking forward to messing around with the skills after all these years of using the same 2/3 different sets (PvE, Honor & Outpost) XD

Stay blessed

I agree, skills should be far left and perks branch to the right. Or there are 4 skill at the top and perks branch off going down. Having skills centered and perks to each side doesn't feel right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Stay blessed

Personally I prefer their approach, with the main upgrade in the middle and perks on the sides. The other approach could have the advantage, of being easier to understand, but I think we'll see whether that's a problem or not, when the skill revamp is here.

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #57
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Stay blessed

Thanks so much for the effort!

My visualization for this is meant to reinforce that Perks are exclusive choices. Putting the upgrade in the middle and the Perks on either side is intended to communicate this exclusivity - whereas having them set up as Upgrade - Perk1 - Perk2 seems to indicate that you can have both and/or that you need Perk1 to unlock Perk2.

Nevertheless, I look forward to running your mockup by the team for their comments. Thanks again!!
    | | | |

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaAaT View Post
    Personally I prefer their approach, with the main upgrade in the middle and perks on the sides. The other approach could have the advantage, of being easier to understand, but I think we'll see whether that's a problem or not, when the skill revamp is here.
    Yeah agreed with that also I feel like it's more aesthetic when split left and right and the main upgrade on the middle. When you turn the order from left to right perks probably gonna make people feel like the last perk is probably the most useful one (you know since it's the last upgrade it looks like so) might cause trouble here for the beginners especially.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Squlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squlo View Post
    Yeah agreed with that also I feel like it's more aesthetic when split left and right and the main upgrade on the middle. When you turn the order from left to right perks probably gonna make people feel like the last perk is probably the most useful one (you know since it's the last upgrade it looks like so) might cause trouble here for the beginners especially.
    Thats actually a really good point made about the last perk on the giving the impression that it would mean might be better one! thank you for the perspective, never actually crossed my mind thank you!

Thanks so much for the effort!

My visualization for this is meant to reinforce that Perks are exclusive choices. Putting the upgrade in the middle and the Perks on either side is intended to communicate this exclusivity - whereas having them set up as Upgrade - Perk1 - Perk2 seems to indicate that you can have both and/or that you need Perk1 to unlock Perk2.

Nevertheless, I look forward to running your mockup by the team for their comments. Thanks again!!
    My pleasure, and thank you for getting back to us all!

But with Squlo`s post and your explanation, Im converted to the idea of the Skills being in the middle with the different perks on either side.

I appreciate it would also be a little more work to do, but having new icons to make the individual perks more distinctive than the Skills would compliment the work put into the new perks and make it that much sweeter as eye candy XD

Stay Blessed

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Uhm devs u asleep?

Sent from my I2012 using Tapatalk