Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink from a mob?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Default Pink from a mob?

Running in Blacksmoke earlier today, forget which map, and got a random purple drop from one of the general mobs (not the boss or anything special). Now, I had a combo blessing, but I didn't get any re-roll text. Am I correct in assuming that if I had 100% luck and had gotten a re-roll on that drop that it would have been a pink? Because that would have been weird. Is it possible to get a pink from a random non-boss drop like that? I've never seen it happen, but assuming that 100% luck is an automatic upgrade, that would have been the case.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

2. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

You can only get whatever they give. If mobs don't normally drop pinks, you can't reroll into something they don't have.

For example, in humania you don't reroll into elite if you get pink unless it's the boss in the elite dungeon.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

It will only reroll to a pink if pinks are in their drop table. So even if you had 100 % it would not have rerolled.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I keep getting dragon drops from mobs in fh.. Lol jk what they said is correct^

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Running in Blacksmoke earlier today, forget which map, and got a random purple drop from one of the general mobs (not the boss or anything special). Now, I had a combo blessing, but I didn't get any re-roll text. Am I correct in assuming that if I had 100% luck and had gotten a re-roll on that drop that it would have been a pink? Because that would have been weird. Is it possible to get a pink from a random non-boss drop like that? I've never seen it happen, but assuming that 100% luck is an automatic upgrade, that would have been the case.

100% reroll is NOT an automatic upgrade. Most common misconception.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally:836077
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post

Your telling me -.- i once rerolled into trash
    Nobody can screw up like americans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Ikr... People rage saying, "I got pink without reroll elixir. Would've been pink if I rerolled."

All reroll is supposed to be is... Like doing 2 bosses, but only killing one. Instead of farming 2x more than that, every boss gives you two opportunities for a pink.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

LMAO, You guys are right. I don't know why do people believe that a purple would have been a pink if it was a re roll with 100% luck. NOT TRUE, even with 100% luck you can't get a pink at every boss you drain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Wrong. If the next higher color is on the drop table, and you have a shamus 100% luck elixir, you WILL get the upgrade every time. Here is an example that proves it....

Back when they had the forgotten dungeon, the only colors on the drop table were purple and pink. I ran for most of that week with shamus, and every single drop I got the entire week was a pink. Not all were rerolls, but all were pink. I never got a single purple when I had shamus. The reason is that every purple was upgraded to a pink. We are talking hundreds of drops here, so not just a few that I happened to get lucky with.

In addition, I tried the classy looter elixir on top of the shamus, and then I got a pink bow every single time. Some others may remember me poking fun about this while playing.... While we were fighting the boss each time I would yell "PINK BOW!!" and every time I got a drop it was a pink bow. Other players were like "WTF?" after it happened a dozen or more times in a row, until I then told them why.

But yes, shamus does give an upgrade 100% of the time provided that an upgrade is available. In the case of getting a purple from the mob, you won't get a reroll since purple is the highest available. But with shamus, a purple at the boss will always turn into a pink. Which pink you get of course is just random based on the drop table percentages.

If you don't believe me, then run the halloween dungeon with shamus and I bet you never get a single green halloween item. They will all be purples and pinks, because the greens will all upgrade to purple.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 10-31-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

That all makes sense, of course. I think what confused me temporarily was the fact that I got a purple from a mob and it wasn't a re-roll, which I don't think has happened to me before. So that got me thinking.
    Last edited by McBain; 10-31-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Wrong. If the next higher color is on the drop table, and you have a shamus 100% luck elixir, you WILL get the upgrade every time. Here is an example that proves it....

Back when they had the forgotten dungeon, the only colors on the drop table were purple and pink. I ran for most of that week with shamus, and every single drop I got the entire week was a pink. Not all were rerolls, but all were pink. I never got a single purple when I had shamus. The reason is that every purple was upgraded to a pink. We are talking hundreds of drops here, so not just a few that I happened to get lucky with.

In addition, I tried the classy looter elixir on top of the shamus, and then I got a pink bow every single time. Some others may remember me poking fun about this while playing.... While we were fighting the boss each time I would yell "PINK BOW!!" and every time I got a drop it was a pink bow. Other players were like "WTF?" after it happened a dozen or more times in a row, until I then told them why.

But yes, shamus does give an upgrade 100% of the time provided that an upgrade is available. In the case of getting a purple from the mob, you won't get a reroll since purple is the highest available. But with shamus, a purple at the boss will always turn into a pink. Which pink you get of course is just random based on the drop table percentages.

If you don't believe me, then run the halloween dungeon with shamus and I bet you never get a single green halloween item. They will all be purples and pinks, because the greens will all upgrade to purple.
    It has been confirmed before by a DEV that it is in fact an upgrade from one color of rareness to the other. Many people uncluding myself used to think it wasnt an upgrade it was just two drops and you got whichever one was better you looted it, but someone posted a link to a dev thread saying it is an upgrade for all the people who think otherwise. Long ago it worked like how most people think of right now "its a second drop, you get the better one of both" but devs changed it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Sandstone drops pink from mobs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    Ones that are worth their liquidization

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    It has been confirmed before by a DEV that it is in fact an upgrade from one color of rareness to the other. Many people uncluding myself used to think it wasnt an upgrade it was just two drops and you got whichever one was better you looted it, but someone posted a link to a dev thread saying it is an upgrade for all the people who think otherwise. Long ago it worked like how most people think of right now "its a second drop, you get the better one of both" but devs changed it.
    Show me this confirmation because i've seen confirmation otherwise.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg:836152
    Ones that are worth their liquidization
    They drop the wicked winker an wing shield? And the helmets? The ones that are equal stats but obviously not set pieces like eartj onyx etc. I have made money off them, people like u think u liquidate them they garbage but honestly u can make some money off them, just like good old alien oasis pinks, made/still makin mils on ao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Yeah, I was thinking higher level campaigns: Sewers, Nuri, Fang, Humania, Blacksmoke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

They drop the wicked winker an wing shield? And the helmets? The ones that are equal stats but obviously not set pieces like eartj onyx etc. I have made money off them, people like u think u liquidate them they garbage but honestly u can make some money off them, just like good old alien oasis pinks, made/still makin mils on ao
    Well, I did make like 10k off some lightning staves lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Here, http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entr...Enhancers-Work

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan:836441
    Here, http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entr...Enhancers-Work
    Exactly +10

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Depends on the map. Say you're in AO3. It is possible to drop stuff from mobs there. Even the barrels can drop pinks, as I have experimented long ago. Now let's take BSM. No pinks to my knowledge has ever dropped from a mob. So if the thing rerolled, it would still be a purple because if no pinks are "available" for you to loot, you wouldn't get a pink. But say if you got a green from BSM. You would get a purple because you can get a purple in the map you're in. Forest Manor can even drop pinks from barrels. Forest Tombs can get you pinks from killing Skeller/Meathead. So it really depends on the map.

Vvit