Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Hardcore Revamp II

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,517 Posts

Default Feedback: Hardcore Revamp II

We've reviewed the hardcore feedback thread (link) and have come up with the following:

Ultimately, hardcore gameplay will be the standard gameplay with these select changes:
    * No auction house, gifting, trading, or stash
    * PvE permadeath (one life)
    * Alternate character portrait
    * Purple name
    * No advancement pack gear

There will be no cost to create a hardcore character.

If you die in PvE, you'll be able to convert your character to a standard character for Platinum (price has not been set). You'll be able to play PvP with a hardcore character without penalty.

Leaderboards will only consider active hardcore characters (not dead).

There is no ETA for this. When we announce these changes are ready to go live in a future preview, we'll refund any hardcore resets with a certain time period.

Any questions? Did we miss anything? Let us know what you think!

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

So basically, if you have died then you won’t be able to revive and you can transform your hardcore character into a normal character.
    This will make people quit.

So if you want to do this, consider no one-shot kills, difficulty should be severly decreased, arcanes dropping from maps too. Only If you want to keep people around to do this mode, of course.

I didn’t notice any “catch” to this Revamp thread. I hope there are some real good news too.

A little off-topic. I have noticed you have made all easy maps like first brack map being very hard. I used to solo that map with a fresh character now is almost impossible. Please try it yourself. Maybe is just a bug.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Ig it's time to stash all lmao

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Can you explained permadeath (one life) is that mean no more reset for 1600 plat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So we can revive/convert into a normal character, but not revive as hardcore anymore?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

you are just messing with the hardcore game play meaning don't make it easy for the players lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    So basically, if you have died then you won’t be able to revive and you can transform your hardcore character into a normal character.
    This will make people quit.

So if you want to do this, consider no one-shot kills, difficulty should be severly decreased, arcanes dropping from maps too. Only If you want to keep people around to do this mode, of course.

I didn’t notice any “catch” to this Revamp thread. I hope there are some real good news too.

A little off-topic. I have noticed you have made all easy maps like first brack map being very hard. I used to solo that map with a fresh character now is almost impossible. Please try it yourself. Maybe is just a bug.
    I think they mean this is another option if u don't wanna revive as a hardcore.

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I’m confused by this!?!? You’ve only done one thing that was suggested… And from this post it doesn’t make any sense?
    No one asked for the stash option to be taken away.. we could never sell or buy in auction or trade so why is that event mentioned as a change?
    Nothing about the pvp part makes sense hc could always play in pvp, someone just suggested making the aps for them void in hc.
    Did you even see any of the other great suggestions multiple people said?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CptAwsome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Dont remove stash from hardcore or else no one opening locks on hc for sure.it equates to no one will buy plats anymore on hc knowing most hardcores are the one who bought most plats. Change your narrative until its early or else your whales will definitely quit

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

When my hc seasonal dies and I spend x amount of plat to convert it to normal will I go from hc seasonal lb to normal seasonal lb and be able to compete in the non hc top 10?

What when I die on hc. I am very frustrated about it and revive it to normal. 3 weeks later i regret it and prefer i had revived with 1.6k plat to hc again. Will support be able to help with this problem?

Or do I misunderstand and when u die u *only* can revive to a normal character?

Will the normal mode revived character be on the level we died with all aps pve kills and so on or will it like a hc death reset to level 1?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

yess no more stash, and increase drop for hc acc bcz stash won't exist @.@

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sry and dont get me wrong, but thats the dumbest thing ever.
    Idk who even started this but hc was and is fine as it is.
    Not stashing stuff as in if i loot 10 of the same arcanes it just sits on my hc for no reason same with the items which arent for my class.
    Not being able to revive will make u lose loads of ppl who take hc srs and spend years at it.
    Good job ruining the only fun mode u had.
    Last but not least, nothing u mentioned was suggested by the ppl who gave some nice ideas to u, i dont know why u even asked for feedback if you dont care about it, ignore it and are about to implement the worse changes ever.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiubara For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The hc mode is good how it is now .why remove the stash of us where we stash the extra gears we loot from the thousands locks we open each event so that means we delete gears of 200m or so ? And why would anyone revive to normal we have our normal toons what u all gonna do is the best way how to kills the hc mode forever myself personally won’t bother open any locks anymore by this decision so imo leave hc mode as it is everyone is happy if any changes needed to add is =when a hc die u let us keep our locks badge we spend 3k plat for each and remove pvp _ hug/girl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Please clarify:

(1) Will the current ability to revive with plat still exist? This PvE revive is in addition to this current option?

(2) Can we still stash items? We just cannot take them out, as per HC.

(3) What is new about purple names? Our names are purple now.

Thanks so much! Our HC guild is of chatter now after this post and we are anxiously awaiting additional information.
    Last edited by Candylicks; Yesterday at 03:18 PM. Reason: typo spelling!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Can you provide more info?

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Littletipsy View Post
    Can you explained permadeath (one life) is that mean no more reset for 1600 plat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottings View Post
    So we can revive/convert into a normal character, but not revive as hardcore anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    Or do I misunderstand and when u die u *only* can revive to a normal character? Will the normal mode revived character be on the level we died with all aps pve kills and so on or will it like a hc death reset to level 1?
    Yes, your character will only be able to become a standard character at that point, but you'll lose nothing (no level loss, badge/title loss, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwsome View Post
    No one asked for the stash option to be taken away.. we could never sell or buy in auction or trade so why is that event mentioned as a change?
    Nothing about the pvp part makes sense hc could always play in pvp, someone just suggested making the aps for them void in hc.
    Sorry, the ability to stash an item will remain, but unstash will still be unavailable in hardcore.

For clarification, when I said 'changes' in the original post, I was contrasting the differences between hardcore and standard gameplay, and didn't mean to imply changes to current hardcore gameplay.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I still dont understand the concept behind the "revive only to standard" why take that away?
    Ppl die-revive-learn-get better-retry.
    Pls reconcider that change and do not implement it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Please leave the current ability to plat Rev to HC. Use the PvE rev as a second choice.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,068 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Ultimately, hardcore gameplay will be the standard gameplay with these select changes:
    * No auction house, gifting, trading, or stash

If you die in PvE, you'll be able to convert your character to a standard character for Platinum (price has not been set). You'll be able to play PvP with a hardcore character without penalty.
    -ALS
    When we were on the hardcore subject in windmoore what I suggested if you want to make more money from hard core- make it free to change your character from hc to normal if you die but also have the option to revive the hardcore character at level 1 for 1600 plat as it is now. This brings in more people to attempt hard core because they aren't scared to die and they will open locks etc. The main thing that stops people from doing HC is they have the risk to lose all of their items behind a paywall which is annoying.

Making it cost plat to change it to a normal character after death only ruins hard core for most people which will result in less money. Less people will do HC because the progress lost is absurd and us free to play players don't have the plat to convert our dead character into a normal character.
    Too many bugs in this game to even consider changing to a normal character for plat as an only option. Bugs, ping issues, insta kills all happen and people do complain about it but instead most stay quiet and move on.

No stash? That lessens your HC playerbase even more. Who will even open locks on HC knowing that if they play class A they are going to loot class B items and be unable to do anything with them?

Your end goal is to get more people to play HC if you want to make money. Don't take away things people enjoy to try and make money by doing that as that only results in losing players which results in income loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Yes, your character will only be able to become a standard character at that point, but you'll lose nothing (no level loss, badge/title loss, etc.).
    Please reconsider this.

Personally spent crazy amounts of $ just to get all the arcanes, vanities, auras on hardcore character. No one ever asked for such change and this just makes everything I bought with plat worthless. Even fully geared HC characters die on stupid instakill mechanics. Let us revive as HC character on lvl1 please. As it was until now..
    <Elite Runners>

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Apocalyptis For This Useful Post: