Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Hardcore Revamp

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,486 Posts

Default Feedback: Hardcore Revamp

We're gathering feedback on what to improve about Hardcore mode for Arcane Legends.

Do you play hardcore? If so, what bugs you about it? What would you like to change?

Do you not play hardcore? If not, why not?

Thanks in advance for your constructive feedback!

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

I play HC mode and love it, it brings back the old days of farming and getting excited to loot a malison in rooks nest xD
    But ofc it is very plat based platform,to get good gears need a good investment of $$$$. Otherwise we can't run lastest content and some harder elites. So would be nice to get some farming maps for gear or at least make a use of crate tokens to get a bound piece of latest arcane/myth gears at some npcs, currently crate tokens lay dead without use and piling up (I want to use them for my hc character and not stash shards for sale).
    Some of the quests are practically impossible to complete like himi/vili upgrade aps, antignome/ banished questlines and somehow we have list of aps for auction which we cannot complete because hc mode can't put anything there.
    That's all I can think of atm.
    Might add some thoughts later.
    Would be nice to hear from the community about other aspects as well,ty for this thread
    <3 Notcup

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starkinea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I’ve been playing hc since season 20. Loved it at the start could run most events get good vanities / pets etc and still be competitive in lb and run all maps.
    But now it’s pay to win.. the new maps make it almost impossible to run them coz one shot and you rip so what’s the point? (you need to try get us engaged with new content) since hc is pay to win even with the best gear if you are lucky to loot it you still can die since it’s hard to have or come up with a “strategy” with other players to run those maps like you can in normal mode because one wrong move and it’s rip for you and others in map.
    Also most that have 1k boss’ don’t have anything to achieve in new maps since they can’t run the newer maps when it’s one shot and rip. So what’s the point of playing on HC? You need to maybe give us some content where we can grind for new gear etc I know it’s hard.. I dunno just a suggestion.
    Almost all events HC can rip with one mob shot or traps etc. So most major events now are pointless for hc to run (imo) especially for under geared players.
    Also crate tokens are pointless. Give us an option to be able to buy the best gear in game even if it’s bound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CptAwsome For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

P2W mode what else needs to be said

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Voorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

The cost of revive itself is discouraging honestly. Any way to play the Hardcore on more advanced way comes with paying for it. Mode lost its touch and the idea itself got lost of what an actual Hardcore was supposed to be.
    Nowadays it's just same Lb people playing and Lb seasonals being carried by them. Some reach the peak of the APS and can just chill on top of the boards not doing anything for entire seasons because who's gonna catch up without the gears they spend money on?

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Plat core

I enjoyed it around the 71 cap, got all 3 app, even made LB on mage
    But then exp quests got severely nerfed & it’s not as fun

New end game is impossible without a carry and/or you have to pop locks now to compete (nty)

Around 70/80 bucks for a rev isnt acceptable when you loose so much work

Having apps for 81 hc isn’t gonna work for ftp, not worth the time
    Most guilds I’m in have a few kind souls who pop locks & try to carry guild mates but what’s “hard core” about being carried lmao

Also hc mode just illustrates how there’s nothing worth farming near endgame, it just looks like yet another way to monetize atm
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Maybe add unstashable character bound arcane weapons respective on their map level? For example, level 71 ebons, 76, death engines, and so on...

And yeah hardcore is very fun but, it becomes impossible for those who cannot afford to open crates for latest weapons to run recent maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Same issues as people above mentioned you are supposed to play and level alone but at the same time it is literally not possible to do without getting carried.

On the top of everything you need to adjust normal gameplay for f2p players cause the issue is same right there. I mean you are asking about hardcores yet people can't even carry themselves on normal gameplay literally.

Add an extra option to revive for free as normal char without losing items. Just like in WoW this way people won't be thinking like they are grinding for nothing.

Also additionally that needs to be said. People are not gonna put money on something that they don't enjoy. Try to focus on that aspect if possible then you can earn your cash over there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Squlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squlo View Post
    Same issues as people above mentioned you are supposed to play and level alone but at the same time it is literally not possible to do without getting carried.

On the top of everything you need to adjust normal gameplay for f2p players cause the issue is same right there. I mean you are asking about hardcores yet people can't even carry themselves on normal gameplay literally.

Add an extra option to revive for free as normal char without losing items. Just like in WoW this way people won't be thinking like they are grinding for nothing.

Also additionally that needs to be said. People are not gonna put money on something that they don't enjoy. Try to focus on that aspect if possible then you can earn your cash over there.
    The option to revive as normal character is by far the best idea here. If players will know they get to keep all their hard earned items even if they die, then more people will try hardcore mode. I'm talking about people who cannot afford or don't want to spend platinum to keep playing as hardcore.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zynkor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

We need a way to get gear without having to spend hundreds of dollars on plat. The HC APs are unachievable for players unless they open crates. Your seasonal leaderboard is full of players who do nothing except get a carry through maps. HC is for plat players and their friends and not accessible to the larger community.

Ideas? Off the cuff but....

• Next iteration of Cata can include a HC mode. You would have to scale it so we can farm it in our trash gears, but would give us a real opportunity to have bound kraken items.

• Please reduce the plat cost to revive. Obviously only your plat players will even use this feature, it's a little steep after we already likely spent a lot on gear for HC.

• I would also love a way to share my current gears on HC with other characters that I may create in the future. How about a small closet that you can store 2 or 3 items that your other HC characters can access?

Thanks for starting this thread and considering improving the hardcore experience. We appreciate you!

-- Pinkmommy

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Problem of many hardcores

Loosing all the aps is enough but also having to spend 1,7k plat is hard, maybe lower the amount or delete it completely, we already spend so much on gear
    Last edited by Maisakurajima; 04-05-2024 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Remove the option to revive for platinum, if you die, goodbye counts.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wifi unstable once in dangerous location=rip, hundreds of hours gone even though its not your fault, do something so the character doesnt stay in the location and just gets slain by the mobs. Top 1 hc recently died that way and thats why many with unstable wifi will never get to enjoy the experience in playing hc. Obviously you need money to keep up with others due to there being no auction but personally I dont mind that very much, just sucks to see people from poor countrys spending 1/5 of their paycheck for 1,7k plat. It would also be nice if there was a sandbox mode to test if the character is ready for bosses or events, trying to buy similar gear on core account as on hardcore is very annoying and a sandbox with exactly same gear pets etc would be helpfull.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G998B mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Add bound Kraken gear on npc to trade for crate tokens
    Pls update those npc there isn’t really anything to trade for with crate tokens

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Littletipsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It is nice, but the main issue about hardcore it is that its pretty P2W

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Just an add-on,
    The idea of resetting event titles and badges you opened is something that honestly makes no sense to me, why are we losing badges and titles that cannot be obtained after certain events? We ran, we risked getting it and we’re getting it taken away after we die, as if 1600plat revive and loss of aps wasn’t enough of a punishment. Pointless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Voorge View Post
    Just an add-on,
    The idea of resetting event titles and badges you opened is something that honestly makes no sense to me, why are we losing badges and titles that cannot be obtained after certain events? We ran, we risked getting it and we’re getting it taken away after we die, as if 1600plat revive and loss of aps wasn’t enough of a punishment. Pointless.
    That's a great point, especially badges I got opening crates and spending $$$. This is totally not fair to lose titles and badges earned during events or looting from crates

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

As someone that started Hardcore Mode before Seasonal Mode got introduced into the game and being still active till this day Asommers, the mode is fine just the way it is for me.

I like how Explosive Expert Feat AP was doable on HC alone as a tank and had fun doing a majority of my hardcore aps solo by practising on normal character for a week before going in the actual map on hardcore mode and peforming my best to complete AP without the need of seeking others for HC APs. I'm satisfied with my experience in HC so far Asommers.

I like it cause it's purely P2W, It's not like normal mode where you can die and easily click Ankh and revive. which makes it more interesting for a guy player like myself and this is the core reason why this mode is my favourite.

It doesn't really need any core changes. I've looted the Banished Items and Antignome Items and Uller Items before, that being said, I won't complain about it.I personally like it the way it is.

- Hexxame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Just to clear something cause of some misunderstanding. Its diferent to loot myth gear of uller/villi/himingleva , antignome set amd banish set than completing the quests connectimg with those sets. There is only one hc player (or rather was cause he died rescently) who completed 200side quests aps. Which proves that he completed all those connected quests.
    But this has not to do w hc. Its a matter of old quests that need to get bit easier to complete. Maybe just raise a bit loot odds of mythic gears in elite warchests, elite pirate chests, drop of antignome belt/helm amd banish ring/amulet.
    Abt mythic sets of villi/uller/himi u had a nice idea of puting em in plat chests during birthday event, but sadly u put the uograded lvl36 version which is bound. To complete those quests we need the lvl 26helm amd 31 armor.
    Cheers

28. The Following User Says Thank You to papas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Its really upseting to lose titles and badges after your death. I have died quite few times(lol) and revived . I have been running events in hc mode since season 17. Had so many nice badges and titles that its impossible to get em back. I know it wont happen to return all those for me but maybe now on, revived hcs can keep titles and badges too.
    In case you deside to lower the cost of plats for a hc to revive i ld like to request a refund
    Thanx in advance