Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Hardcore Revamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    He will test rog later, told him to in discord.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    https://youtu.be/s-kAoV_2EZE?si=XcLW2i0OEov-LOND

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Here’s my suggestion for HC mode;
    1. Please remove aps that hardcore cant even do (auctioneer, entrepreneur, merchant).
    2. I noticed there is still class specific side quest which I think is unfair for other classes. (Warriors get to do dark secret, darker secret quest, etc). So either remove class specific quest or create class specific quest for rogues and mages too.
    3. Consider removing PVP aps or do something to make PVP active again since the mode is dead at least in endgame atm.
    4. The guaranteed badges from crates shouldn’t be gone when one dies and revive since we paid 1.5/3k plat each for those.
    5. Separate inventory for gears/items from vanities. One thing thats a problem in HC now is inventory gets full and you dont really wanna stash something coz you might need it in the future and cant take it back so my suggestion is gears and vanities should be separated or have a stash for your HC toon thats only accessible by one toon.
    6. Please also have some more gears/pets we can use our crate token for.
    7. I think you guys should consider bringing back wherein we can buy auction slot, crafting inventory etc with maybe story token, glint/hauntlet coin etc. It would be helpful specially for non plat buying players.

Id say one thing I still love about HC is there are still things to do that you cant just buy with plat or gold which keeps me playing even though it gets annoying sometimes lol

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blazerland For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Some people only need one specific kraken piece for example but its very unlikely to get it. Maybe after someone opened the third guaranteed pull instead of getting one random item from the guaranteed pool he can decide himself which of those he needs, maybe even of the whole locked. I already spend 12k plat on my new hc for lockeds and couldnt get a single piece i desired and thats just ridiculous. You can also just do it for the class specific ones since they are way more expensive anyways so it wont have a big impact on the market.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G998B mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- It took 3 tries to run a new ftp lvl 1 hardcore to reach Travelers Outpost.

- The first 2 times failed for the reason of running out of gold and could not buy health and mana pots and not due to death.

- On the third try, made it past the Ghul Bellybottom boss (last map of Brackenridge) and arrived in Travelers at level six and a half. (what helped was Shazbot gave 25% damage) I conserved the low amount of gold a new character receives for health/mana pots, I could not pay for xp elixir hence the low lvl.

- After collecting quests in Travelers I headed into Ydra Outskirts only to see recommended lvl is 8. Already struggled with the mobs in Braken so Ydra would surely not be wise to go into at lvl 6. Back to Brackenridge to do more quests to lvl up and hopefully gain more gold.

- Got to lvl 8, doing everything with saving gold in mind. Used basic attacks when I could so not to use up the mana/pots and then using skills as necessary to kill mobs that would surely have killed the low lvl hc. Added the Combat Medic skill to help save on health pots but still ran out of health pots.

- Ran out of health and ran out of mana and ran out of gold and ran out of the idea to take the new ftp hc any further.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Recommendation at the Ydra boarder. Name:  3 rd hc 002.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  129.0 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like the end of the road here. No gold, no health and no mana. Name:  3 rd hc 003.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  83.9 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Clearly a new ftp hardcore player needs much more gold for health/mana pots to keep them alive to fighting the mobs that seemed more powerful than in the past.
    Name:  3rd try Fqqx010.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  86.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

After 14 seasons I have bought tons of plat to gear up and run maps. Im still NOT full kraken. Do I think it should be easier? No.
    Its hard for a reason and should still remain a challenge.

I've died multiple times cuz im awesome but 1600 plat to revive is pretty steep. Maybe half it to 800 ish.

Crate tokens are useless. I know people that have maxed them out because all the vendors have low lvl gear/pets. There should be new vendors in zodiac and elder woods with higher lvl gear/pets.

Gear shouldn't be shared between accounts either. The hardest part of hardcore is obtaining gear. Would be ridiculous to just start another seasonal and take all ur op gear to it. No challenge at all.

Pvp aps in hc should be removed..no one's hc kill/death rate is legit. You can't rly play pvp in hc either..
    Its a waste of time just like the ctf flags were.

Any badges or titles that you earned from buying plat crates or running events shouldn't be deleted if you die. We spent too much time and plat to get it

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Happilyanonymous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

need higher drop rate of all item, i mean its hardcore which we cannot trade. So the last thing you need to do is make the farm more enjoyable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

A plat/gold bought elixir kit, that would give you a bigger chance on looting gear for your class would be absolutely great!

Even better if it applied the bonus on all opened chests too

It would help a ton during events, farming cryostar/northal or when opening elite chests in order to get old mythic set.
    <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sense this thread is in regards to hardcore play...
    I found it interesting that some old lvl 1 characters I made in the past (couple of years ago) began with more gold: 1250 gold where as a newly made character receives 250 gold. Does anyone have old lvl 1 toons in account(s) that you check if this was the case for yourselves? If this is true broadly speaking why would sts change this ? I know this is not really important in the long picture of the game but for new players it could be the deciding factor of making it through the beginning maps, most importantly for new hardcore players, having gold at the start is vitally important to be able to buy pots to spam health and mana and stay alive: 25 mana pots 300 gold and 25 health pots 400 gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThomCat View Post
    Recommendation at the Ydra boarder. Name:  3 rd hc 002.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  129.0 KB
    yess!! pls devs

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Definitely change the fact that we lose any badges/ titles even when we die, esp locked crate badges when we already spent so much for them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Hardcore is unplayable without buying plats.

The best way to lvl up is to leech.

I don’t know what you wanna do for it. It’s just your milky cow.

Maybe let them revive their char for gold and not plat so they sink some gold.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

There definitely seems to be a few different opinions here on what hardcore play should be as an experience. My understanding of what makes hardcore mode unique is that its very core it is a play style that demands a completely different mindset as it is rooted by the understanding that if you die, its game over. That said there are several things id like to reiterate from previous posts before I jump into some new thoughts.

1. I agree with everyone who has stated that losing badges that we’ve paid for doesn’t seem right. As everyone knows, freek things can happen to the best players with game glitches, disconnects etc right at the worst time. Regardless of the reason it takes anywhere from $110 to $170 depending on sales prices of plat to get a badge. Those badges should be considered bought and paid for.

2. Addressing Hc rogue: I know I’m putting a lot here but please read all. Hardcore mode is hardcore mode, not run n gun. I’m not great at playing the rogue but I took a new one from start up to and including the mini boss in Windmoore harbor to see if it was possible or not to do without being carried. Just as I do with a hc mage, I did all levels except Dead City Tower of Mardrom without help and it is definitely doable alone. If you watch Hex’s video it can be done a lot faster and easier than how I played it, but with care you can solo all 4 maps in Brakenridge without using a single elixir. Your gold can and should go to xp from the start. That said: Once in Ydra, maps get trickier and Dead city even more. Running a mage I rely on fireball and whirlwind to knock down mobs plus a shield for protection. Warriors need no introduction to their defense levels. Rogues however have neither and they have no way to stop Ydra mages from summoning additional mobs which can quickly become overwhelming. Once I reach level 10 with my hc char I visit Petrox Lord of War in Brakenridge and I buy 4 of his Legendary Guardian bundles for 500 gold each. The potions alone cost more when divided per piece in guild halls. Even with that gear I had my work cut out for me and by the time I was finished with the mini boss on the Windmoore Harbor map I had blown through the majority of my health potions. Especially since unlike the mage/sorcerer who shares a similarly weak constitution, the rogue has to fight up close and personal in hand to hand combat without the ability to stun or knock-back (prior to level 20). Even doing my best to use aimed shot and draw some mobs closer for smaller battles, there comes a point with Ydra map mages and especially with flash mobs of sprouting skeletons in dead city, where I definitely had to spam potions. While rogues may have great benefits when leveled up, I would like to suggest that there be some sort of adjustment to make the rogues play a bit more even with the other two classes at least at the start. While you, STS, have consistently encouraged group play which we understand the benefits of, there are times that we as players come off of a bad day or just want for some reason to play solo for awhile and it would be nice to see consideration for this. In addition it takes a bit of a commitment time wise to cary a hardcore player and it would be nice if ALL hc chars could work all maps through Kraken isles, as the mage and war can, solo before needing help.

3. Npc vendors and gear: I’ve heard that there is consideration being made for a vendor in Heracleon (& Berryline Bay?) to add vendors for crate token purchases. I agree that this needs to be done AND I would like to ask for a regular vendor at least in Heracleon where fathoms can be used to purchase gear in 2 ways. Similar to buying mythic gear with glintstone coins, it would be nice if you added the ability to buy gear for fathoms plus add some unlocked Heracleon crates like the unlocked Valley crate from Goody Wells. Even if it is too soon to add Kraken/Arcane gear, there should be no reason to not add mythic level 81 gear in addition to legendaries since it is no longer obtained through current locked event crates, plus it should not affect normal mode play as these items are already super cheep to buy in the auction. Several different pets would be nice to add as well.

4. “Alternate Ending” - I’d like to propose an addition to the game for hardcore play. Because many players have spent thousands of dollars on platinum, I would like to propose that in addition to the hardcore mode revive (which is a bit pricey even with keeping to a hardcore mindset) that you add an additional option that for sake of needing a name I’m calling the Alternate Ending option. This would cost say 100 plat and the character is set to level 1 normal mode so that all the characters gear is not lost. Personally I don’t feel that this kills the basis of hardcore mode and what/how it is played, but for the person who has spent a ton of money supporting STS, but for whatever reason finds themselves in a difficult financial or life situation, this would be your acknowledgment of appreciation allowing them to continue playing with what they have paid a lot of money for.
    Last edited by Rauigriu; 04-16-2024 at 07:22 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauigriu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rauigriu View Post
    There definitely seems to be a few different opinions here on what hardcore play should be as an experience. My understanding of what makes hardcore mode unique is that its very core it is a play style that demands a completely different mindset as it is rooted by the understanding that if you die, its game over. That said there are several things id like to reiterate from previous posts before I jump into some new thoughts.

1. I agree with everyone who has stated that losing badges that we’ve paid for doesn’t seem right. As everyone knows, freek things can happen to the best players with game glitches, disconnects etc right at the worst time. Regardless of the reason it takes anywhere from $110 to $170 depending on sales prices of plat to get a badge. Those badges should be considered bought and paid for.

2. Addressing Hc rogue: I know I’m putting a lot here but please read all. Hardcore mode is hardcore mode, not run n gun. I’m not great at playing the rogue but I took a new one from start up to and including the mini boss in Windmoore harbor to see if it was possible or not to do without being carried. Just as I do with a hc mage, I did all levels except Dead City Tower of Mardrom without help and it is definitely doable alone. If you watch Hex’s video it can be done a lot faster and easier than how I played it, but with care you can solo all 4 maps in Brakenridge without using a single elixir. Your gold can and should go to xp from the start. That said: Once in Ydra, maps get trickier and Dead city even more. Running a mage I rely on fireball and whirlwind to knock down mobs plus a shield for protection. Warriors need no introduction to their defense levels. Rogues however have neither and they have no way to stop Ydra mages from summoning additional mobs which can quickly become overwhelming. Once I reach level 10 with my hc char I visit Petrox Lord of War in Brakenridge and I buy 4 of his Legendary Guardian bundles for 500 gold each. The potions alone cost more when divided per piece in guild halls. Even with that gear I had my work cut out for me and by the time I was finished with the mini boss on the Windmoore Harbor map I had blown through the majority of my health potions. Especially since unlike the mage/sorcerer who shares a similarly weak constitution, the rogue has to fight up close and personal in hand to hand combat without the ability to stun or knock-back (prior to level 20). Even doing my best to use aimed shot and draw some mobs closer for smaller battles, there comes a point with Ydra map mages and especially with flash mobs of sprouting skeletons in dead city, where I definitely had to spam potions. While rogues may have great benefits when leveled up, I would like to suggest that there be some sort of adjustment to make the rogues play a bit more even with the other two classes at least at the start. While you, STS, have consistently encouraged group play which we understand the benefits of, there are times that we as players come off of a bad day or just want for some reason to play solo for awhile and it would be nice to see consideration for this. In addition it takes a bit of a commitment time wise to cary a hardcore player and it would be nice if ALL hc chars could work all maps through Kraken isles, as the mage and war can, solo before needing help.

3. Npc vendors and gear: I’ve heard that there is consideration being made for a vendor in Heracleon (& Berryline Bay?) to add vendors for crate token purchases. I agree that this needs to be done AND I would like to ask for a regular vendor at least in Heracleon where fathoms can be used to purchase gear in 2 ways. Similar to buying mythic gear with glintstone coins, it would be nice if you added the ability to buy gear for fathoms plus add some unlocked Heracleon crates like the unlocked Valley crate from Goody Wells. Even if it is too soon to add Kraken/Arcane gear, there should be no reason to not add mythic level 81 gear in addition to legendaries since it is no longer obtained through current locked event crates, plus it should not affect normal mode play as these items are already super cheep to buy in the auction. Several different pets would be nice to add as well.

4. “Alternate Ending” - I’d like to propose an addition to the game for hardcore play. Because many players have spent thousands of dollars on platinum, I would like to propose that in addition to the hardcore mode revive (which is a bit pricey even with keeping to a hardcore mindset) that you add an additional option that for sake of needing a name I’m calling the Alternate Ending option. This would cost say 100 plat and the character is set to level 1 normal mode so that all the characters gear is not lost. Personally I don’t feel that this kills the basis of hardcore mode and what/how it is played, but for the person who has spent a ton of money supporting STS, but for whatever reason finds themselves in a difficult financial or life situation, this would be your acknowledgment of appreciation allowing them to continue playing with what they have paid a lot of money for.
    I skiped most of the comment but the last part with the new suggestion is genius. Convert a dead hc with low cost into normal mode character is propably the best suggestion I ever heard. I ld add a confirmation message in case someone wanna revive in hc and xclicks

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Default Hardcores

In Hardcore mode we can still loot ankh which we can never use.
    Any way of making ankh usable in future? Maybe a token where we can exhange for respec scroll or whatever?
    As free to play hardcore, its really hard to farm for respec scroll even during boss drop respec scroll daily event. As per my experiment, i 12 runs per 1 scroll in brackenridge third map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Just like it was mentioned here https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...plete-overhaul
    before the hardcore need revamp and new map drops even for normal maps as well only for hardcore characters