Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: gears are much harder to proc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Default gears are much harder to proc

"+A short cooldown is now applied to the relevant slots when switching gear to prevent unintentional proc 'stacking.'"

can u elaborate and give an example?

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

i guess from proc set to stats sets it worls normally, if you try to switch again it would still be on the cd for a bit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

+ A short cooldown is now applied to the relevant slots when switching gear to prevent unintentional proc 'stacking.'

Short explanation where was unintentional proc stacking even observed would be cool or elaborate in general.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Default gears are much harder to proc

idk if devs reduced the chance to proc gears, or probably its from that new update + A short cooldown is now applied to the relevant slots when switching gear to prevent unintentional proc 'stacking.' that's affecting it, and its kinda nonsense that no one asked for, it just messes up the gameplay.

Sb proc set isn't instant when swapping to it now. It needs several seconds despite hundreds of dots from skills are taking place.

Kraken weapons are much harder to proc as well.

Like it just ruins people who are fast with their hotbars and reflexes to be able to pull up some good combos, and now ruined from the cooldown. Why limit us to that?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Default "short cooldown is now applied to the relevant slots when switching gear" is nonsense

You're basically limiting us to do good combos, especially people who are good with their hotbars and have great reflexes to be able to accomplish it. Now we can't really time things now cuz of the cooldown, which is bad for utilizing our gears and essentially nerfing our capabilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    its kinda nonsense that no one asked for, it just messes up the gameplay.
    Messes up or saves it? I was on the side of nerfing them rather than limiting people like that but gotta see if it is working like that.

And many people including me asked for it actually, considering that you literally can't even play the game properly without procs which ruins the actual gameplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Nah its actually a good idea, players shouldnt be able to complete maps this fast

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frankcastle911 View Post
    Nah its actually a good idea, players shouldnt be able to complete maps this fast

Genuinely speak for yourself because if someone is not able to take the most from the gameplay where players can do many things with provided equipment that's on that person.
    "Players shouldn't be able to complete maps this fast" is just senseless statement.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

You're basically limiting us to do good combos, especially people who are good with their hotbars and have great reflexes to be able to accomplish it. Now we can't really time things now cuz of the cooldown, which is bad for utilizing our gears and essentially nerfing our capabilities.
    I agree with this. I don't understand the concept of implementing that cooldown. It just punishes the players rather than make them enjoy the game more whatsoever. Changes like this won't even affect casual player where majority of playerbase don't even understand the politics of how certain items, pets or even elixirs work together. Just revert it to what it was because it's so insanely unnecessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frankcastle911 View Post

They already did by buffing mobs health and damage. But this cooldown on loadouts just compromises our timings, and reflexes of pulling out combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Squlo View Post
    Messes up or saves it? I was on the side of nerfing them rather than limiting people like that but gotta see if it is working like that.

And many people including me asked for it actually, considering that you literally can't even play the game properly without procs which ruins the actual gameplay.
    So you asked for cooldowns on loadouts? Are you saying that before this update, you had a problem that some of your gears proc too early or too late and you can't synchronize all of them to proc together? sounds like you need to reconfigure your hotbars better.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squlo View Post

If you asked for it and you're aware that you can't play properly without procs explain how was nerfing in any place good here.
    Why people ask for nerfs in first place if they don't even understand the game and it how works with current changes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I think by 'stacking' they meant proc-ing gears from a different hotbar items by mistake when you switch, since actual proc stacking was removed long ago. Example: you use a dmg set and cast a skill that has damage over time effects. Now if you switch to kraken set it will proc even if you don't want that.

It feels like the delay is 1s which seems reasonable to me, although I only use kraken procs not star beast procs, so I cannot argue about that.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

Over the past several months we have had to fix individual issues wherein 'proc stacking' could still happen.

This change addresses the issue so we don't have to keep squashing individual problems with overlapping procs.

It's also important to note that only the associated slot is affected by this brief cooldown when switching gears.

Also, it's 1 sec. - a totally reasonable period of time that fixes all the potential overlap issues while keeping the gameplay fast and frenetic.

I have total confidence that you will make the minor adjustments required to make the most out of your arsenal.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    If you asked for it and you're aware that you can't play properly without procs explain how was nerfing in any place good here.
    Why people ask for nerfs in first place if they don't even understand the game and it how works with current changes.
    Nah I can do it pretty well though it doesn't change the fact that it ruins the actual gameplay.

Stick to your skill spamming rogue gameplay instead of calling people can't play properly or cry more your choice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Over the past several months we have had to fix individual issues wherein 'proc stacking' could still happen.

This change addresses the issue so we don't have to keep squashing individual problems with overlapping procs.

It's also important to note that only the associated slot is affected by this brief cooldown when switching gears.

Also, it's 1 sec. - a totally reasonable period of time that fixes all the potential overlap issues while keeping the gameplay fast and frenetic.

I have total confidence that you will make the minor adjustments required to make the most out of your arsenal.
    Can you give us an example please?

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    Can you give us an example please?
    Skull Axe proc stack was the most recent one I recall.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Why can't you just disable proc stacking to specific gears that you don't want stacked? so people just wouldn't include it in their arsenal.

You touched something that ruined everyone else's gameplay.

What happened with this update is there's a 1s cooldown for these associated slots for every time we switch it with another piece of equipment. Everyone in game who was utilizing all 8 hotbars are now complaining. Please reconsider and revert it back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

So instead of fixing an individual problem with skull axe, you had to affect whole gameplay in negative way? AL is too dynamic for that "cooldown".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Skull axe is so trash these days, even if someone proced it and stacked it I doubt it did anything truly beneficial. 1 second may not sound long to you but in an environment where mobs can 1 shot you in under a second it really does matter. I switch sets prob 10 times in 5-7 seconds depending on the situation.
    Just make skull axe not insta proc upon hit.

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

Why can't you just disable proc stacking to specific gears that you don't want stacked? so people just wouldn't include it in their arsenal.

You touched something that ruined everyone else's gameplay.

What happened with this update is there's a 1s cooldown for these associated slots for every time we switch it with another piece of equipment. Everyone in game who was utilizing all 8 hotbars are now complaining. Please reconsider and revert it back.
    This effectively fixes all of the unintended proc overlaps. Adding an additional 1 sec. to every individual potential activation would be a lot less elegant and much more prone to error.
    | | | |