Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Recent balance changes with 311726 (Hedourah, EZG, etc.)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AgentStonoga View Post
    "Fixed an issue that would prevent high Gauntlet waves from using the correct health and damage stats for monsters."
    High waves should basically mean 100+ (or even 150+), but it starts getting harder at wave 16 (and it becomes a nightmare at wave 30+).
    I feel it's wrong to have a gauntlet scenario where you run for 100's of waves. If you recall, we tried to make the last Twilight Temple "a lot more challenging" and failed. Players still ran for hours (and hours of exhausting same-level / same-challenge content). EZG is a gauntlet scenario and it is the first to benefit from the fixes that make it scale appropriately. There are only fifteen (15) actual levels of content in EZG and to feel a significant increase in difficulty when you've lapped it 2X over feels right to me.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I feel it's wrong to have a gauntlet scenario where you run for 100's of waves. If you recall, we tried to make the last Twilight Temple "a lot more challenging" and failed. Players still ran for hours (and hours of exhausting same-level / same-challenge content). EZG is a gauntlet scenario and it is the first to benefit from the fixes that make it scale appropriately. There are only fifteen (15) actual levels of content in EZG and to feel a significant increase in difficulty when you've lapped it 2X over feels right to me.
    Temple for warrior and sorcerer failed for simple reasons.
    Sorcerer's skills and staff proc (+ force gun) and warriors having unbalanced immunity ult and even stronger force weapon.
    The difference between gauntlet and temple is that gauntlet is a gold/fathom farming map and temple is a leaderboard farm. Both are wave maps, but we play them for different reasons. Running a small number of waves makes it basically impossible for us to farm effectively. At w30+ it becomes a nightmare (and keep in mind that at w1-w13 you only have 3 bosses, so it takes a while to get up to w14), running that would require changing whole strategy (and I don't think it would last for long, just look at current lb scores), which would make each wave drastically longer, which basically reduces the gold farmed in that map. Right now people don't farm in ezg, because elite rahabkor (and elite hedo, but hedo nerf still hurts) is a more efficient map. Gauntlet requires the most effort, but now it's the worst map. Need to spend a while to get up to w14, just to run 16 waves and then you have to remap - it's not right.
    More reasonable would be making standard and leaderboard version of gauntlet. Standard would start being noticeably harder at 100-150+ wave (or just be same as ezg before changing difficulty).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Treating ezg like its an event that has heavy competition. Its not its a map where people go to farm gold and youre making it pretty impossible for anyone who doesn't have an end game set. You say it feels right to you, but by the feedback I think you can tell no one likes this change and removing the farmability is killing your game. Its too late to make a change like this gold is already inflated, this solves nothing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to presp600 For This Useful Post: