Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Time to pack my bags and go on another journey... :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Time to pack my bags and go on another journey... :)

Hey guys,

I just figured I should tell you that I do not play Pocket Legends anymore. I have officially quit. If any of you notice, I haven't been online in weeks and the times that I am online, I'm not online for longer than an hour.

I will probably make a post or two on forums daily, although some days I do not post at all, but I am feeling disinterested in general. I no longer have the will to play. The only times that I am online are when my friends ask me to be.

I'll likely host a contest to give back to the community when I find the time to do so.

Journey:

I began in Swamps/AO1 (Swamps was just finishing up!) Around Alien Oasis II, I met this wonderful player known as DawnInfinity. She's still one of my good friends today and will always be even though she no longer plays this game. Something that many of you didn't know? I was an utter noob! A lazy one at that. I believe I was in the L20s when I paid her to powerlevel me.

Back then, I didn't play very often until summer vacation started and I was utterly bored. Eventually, by the time I really got into the game, AOI ended and AOII started (which stayed for MONTHS on end). I remember when Thoth and Isis, before their stats were altered/nerfed were the best thing since sliced bread. I remember how little I spent on the game, hardly anything. I would spend maybe 50 bucks every 6 months on the game? That's a pretty cheap price to pay for such an amazing game. I would play hours on end. Infact, I farmed one of the very few Zuraz Shock Lances in the game at the time. It was an AMAZING weapon. In those days, it would go for 1mil+ which in present day is probably worth around 10 mil.

AOIII came out and my interest spiked even more. It was a radical design change, completely different from the rest of the AO series. People initially loved and hated this campaign. One of the people I most respected, Furrawn, actually quit due to this campaign (666 posts for life! <3) Eventually people grew to love it, despite the gold sink it was (Notice I said gold sink, they actually had them back in the days. Platinum was not the issue in those days, but gold was.)

Eventually that came to an end and Balefort Sewers was released. Like AOIII, people didn't like it originally. It wasn't because of the difficulty, but many did not like how the gear looked. Soon enough, it all grew onto us oldies. It was the first elite cap, back when one would achieve the "ELITE" status for the crown, no set bonus. Infact, some of the hardcore PvPers actually achieved the elite cap for that extra 5 attribute points and one skill point. It was again, a very long campaign. Towards the end of the campaign, gold elixirs got taken away! At the time, you could purchase up to a 3x 5 minute elixir for 6k gold which would be removed if you died. Yes, that meant you'd have to purchase it again. Spacetime Studios came back and brought to us what we already had, but in the form of lengthy elixirs for platinum. The thrasher punch (4x) became available in this age. People capped more toons without much effort and loved having elixirs again. Little did we know that these very elixirs would be the thing to promote bad gameplay, but at the same time, expand Spacetime.

Nuri's came about and left rather quickly as well. This was the first time when sets costed more than a gold cap. A demonic xbow set would cost roughly 15 million gold, which was accumulated when people stocked up on gold during Balefort Sewers. It was a mad rush to the 61 cap and the first few didn't even have a prize at the end. The Nuri's Hallow shield was actually added later on and so was the beloved vanity set bonus which received a very positive recognition originally. This campaign was a quickie. It came and left before we even knew it.

I could go on, but I'll just end the campaigns there and keep it short.

Guilds:

I'd like to thank C.O.T, Renaissance, Triumph, Revelation, and Unity (for the brief time I was there) all welcome me with open arms and amazing attitudes. They are all amazing guilds that truly enhanced my PL experience.

Friends:

I'd like to thank all of the follow and those I don't list for making me love PL.

• All of the PL community, forumers and non-forumers, thank you for making PL and enjoyable place.

• Mitch, Ted, Adam, Will, Steven (Noodle), Steven (Walkhardd), Chloe, David (Cloak), Ikungfupanda, Crimsontider, Mothwing, Stompartist, Snakespeare, Dawninfinity, Flacs, Azefekie, Robert, Whirlz, necroreaper, Angel, Thelonearcher, bigsleazy, Corvus, Colborne, Ani, Pandamoni, David (Mysticaldream), Chris (Otukaru), Wartornbird (and many more, just in a rush, I'll add you all when I can!)

• all of the developers and moderators, you rock!!! Special shout out to JustG, Cinco, Dracknor, Mjolstin, Flip, Pandar, Airrie, and Delphina

• Samhayne: you are absolutely wonderful! You do more than your job and beyond and put your heart in this game. Love you and much respect!

Most of all, I thank STS for the amazing games, support, and customer satisfaction they provide. Keep doing what you do!

Thank you all and good bye.

Have fun in all STS games and the upcoming AL!!!

C ya!

~Apollo (Parth)
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-29-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

No.... Apollo! You can't leave
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow. Another one bites the dust X(. You were a great player, and community member. I wish you the best of luck! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Parth!!!!!!

Take it easy bro! And stay in touch, haven't been able to catch you for a catch up since I had returned.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

wow. who wouldve seen this one coming...

sad to see you go apollo, but good luck with whatever life throws at you
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Tis a sad day when you leave. Later Parthy, been a pleasure knowing you.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

*sniffle* The day PL loses Apollo, is a very sad day indeed for all of the world who plays any STS game

~| SL: Sheriff - Burglar - Aracnus - Twink | PL: Excruciate | DL: Aracnus - Alarm | AL: Sacred - Slug |~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

:'(

Sad to say that I saw it coming. Gunna miss you in game bro. Stay in touch, and I know you'll pwn anything life throws your way.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I <3 you Parth. Visit as often as you can. We'll talk via text! And wow... Made 'dat list o_O... I feel honored! Get that P.H.D. you Phatty!

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Luvaria

Default Time to pack my bags and go on another journey... :)

That was extremely unexpected
    Sorry to see you go, and thanks for making all of our PL experiences so much more fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

i hate to see vets go
    but life's gotta go on
    miss seeing you around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

good luck bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Good luck Dude. You will be missed. You have served the community and have been an awesome community member.

I have really enjoyed your company while I have been here, be safe in your future endeavours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

*sadface*

Best of luck in your future endeavors! Don't be a stranger now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Bye parth ,hope to seee u again
    *salutes*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Hey Parth - you mind if I send you a friend request on facebook??? I miss chatting with you from time-to-time! Be well, buddy!!

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Parfimus...

I was waiting for the day. I remember back in Jan. what you told me and you are 255 past due.

Anyway, good luck. Study hard and don't waste a year of college (like some of us *cough*.) You will be missed!

See ya in AL! HA!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Best of luck man, it's been a pleasure.

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Apollo,

Thanks for being part of our community and helping to make it awesome! Change is inevitable. I think of these times as not the end of one chapter, but the start of a new one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ClTktEf4CA

If you're ever looking to kill some time on your phone, maybe you'll check out what's new from Spacetime. Thanks very much for the kind words and my sincere best wishes to you for everything the future holds for you.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captaintuttle View Post
    Hey Parth - you mind if I send you a friend request on facebook??? I miss chatting with you from time-to-time! Be well, buddy!!
    Sure!

@Crim Haha, well, little late for departure but I still got myself a flight!

@Gary Thanks!

@Samhayne Thanks and thank you for helping to craft it into such a wonderful community.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List