Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post
I wanted to bring something up' about "Power Creep" in AL
For Those who don't know, power creep is a phenomenon when developers of a game are trying to make a new content for a game, but they make it too broken.

Let me tell you what I mean -
In level 71 era, the highest damage player I have seen was a guy with around 5-6k damage.
what I mean is after 71 levels with best jewels at a time, pet, maxed gears and awakes, he had 6k damage.

in 76 era, I have seen a player with 13k damage.
just 5 levels difference, few months later and more than double the stats.

in 81 - I have seen 42k damage player

and now, before arcanes I have seen a player with 85k damage.

Devs, when you make a new gear, you should try to make it slowly more powerful, not instantly twice (or 10x) as good.

Example
Not so long ago we got a new piece of gear - bracelet.
First bracelets were fine, basic legendarys.
after 2 weeks month, you added a bracelet with 5% passive main stat.
and then a 10% passive main stat, and just like a month later an arcane bracelet with 15% main stat.

in less than a year, we got insanely broken passive effect from an item that was just added to the game that's crazy.

why couldn't you make it 2% legendary / 3% mythic / 5% arcane?? why jump to this crazy number 15%??

Or the latest craftable jewels (Flawless - Corrupted)
Why the jump from 10 main stat to 15? And then to 22.5?
12 & 15 main stat could be more reasonable

this stuff happens constantly in AL, you make stuff instantly 10x better than the previous ones and idk why you do that.

TBH I think it all started at 76 erra, that we went from items that give procs with small shields, tiny critical hit chance buffs and etc, to instantly weapons that make you deal x3 more damage. where is the middle ground in this? how we went from 10% damage buffs to 300% damage???

I am super curious how will you top 81 kraken armors with 86 arcane armor, will it be like 500% damage, 50% haste, 100% speed, 50% critical? I hope not.

I would suggest that you take things more slowly.
like damage numbers in pets HB for example. in the past 4-5 years best pet HB went from 25% to 35% recently. not 25% to 50% to 100% every few months.

and also, you should nerf procs after few levels.
Like imagine kraken armor gives less stats at 86+, so 86 arcane will not have to be 500% damage buff

just an opinion
I was maybe first who complain about the stats they add right when the arcane bracelet came out. So for nearly half a year, we don t see any cut of the high stats gear, they keep adding more powerful, more %, so game gonna be a classic mmorpg, with 200k damage base stats. The 71-76 expansions was in my opinion the best ones, not a lot a damage, not a big gap between end game players and new ones. Now if we compare a end game player and a new one, the difference is about 50-60 k damage, so enjoy the game