Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Star Beast Weapons

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,489 Posts

Default Feedback: Star Beast Weapons

Let us know what you think!

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Star beast shield.

The pull is 1 sec first of all and it has 7 secs cd Dosent make any sense kraken aegis got 8 secs pull and does heavy dot The stun isn’t even 3.5 secs its max 0-2 secs yes it’s sometimes 0 if u miss a hit that means it’s over I don’t think the auto attack is needed on this weapon since it removes 50ms in pve 25 ms in pvp (I don’t see any use for it anywhere imo) at least from the maps I farm at better would be to have the aegis proc actually lasts for 7 secs as it says in the description of the weapon with the stun and it should debuff 60% armor not 50% 50% seems low and it should have dot just like kraken aegis and also 30% armor debuff in pvp

Kraken aegis outperform the sb shield by a lot it feels like knight saber sword but with somewhat better stats even chain sword is better I don’t understand the point of the shield as of now if you don’t buff it and make the pull last way longer than just 1 second I can understand the charged hit to pull but for 1 sec pull? Definitely not worth especially if u miss the target if you could be so kind and tell me what is the use of this shield as of now I would be grateful ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im pretty sure all sb weapons have a horrible proc, people just use them for the base stats

Gesendet von meinem SM-G998B mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maisakurajima View Post
    Im pretty sure all sb weapons have a horrible proc, people just use them for the base stats

star orb has spammable Dot proc as long as u charge it it keeps reapply lighting dot on mobs and resets on every new mob negating the 5 sec cooldown or was it 7 op

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Americanarmy View Post
    star orb has spammable Dot proc as long as u charge it it keeps reapply lighting dot on mobs and resets on every new mob negating the 5 sec cooldown or was it 7 op
    Dot seems low af but dot isn’t the big issue here it’s the pulling part it’s 1 pull and 20 secs cd just like knight saber but knight saber got 7 secs cool-down this shield got 20 seconds cooldown it should have 7 seconds pull (just like kraken aegis ) and 10 secs cool-down then this weapon will get fixed idk about other classes I heard they are bad too but didn’t test I don’t play other classes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Sb shield is a total scam as it is for now. Unless you guys buff it to deal better, no one will use that sh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Daggers also completely useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Americanarmy View Post
    Only works for multiple enemies so useless against bosses, also the dot is crap, whole 5 secs have probably same dmg as 1 sec of the aura from kraken staff which is just a side effect from the even stronger proc. Should be the other way around, mythic 81 was also 10 times better than arcane 76 but for the mythic 86 its different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Star beast staff

Anyone tested it already? How is it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Tested daggers without the 6/6 set but have used krak vest, arti, and belt.

Proc duration needs increased, damage needs increased a bit to put it on par with kraken weapons or to be slightly better than them. They are literally just a kraken replica with less damage and a lower proc duration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Why push mechanic on star beast staff? Staffs are close range weapons used mostly to clear mobs. People want mobs to be pulled not pushed. Why Damage reduction instead of any other aoe or even single target buff. I find it useless. Weapons should be the main damage sources and I would keep a simple formula for them, not trying to over complicate the procs just to look more fun. Change effects and how damage is dealt. dot pools poisonus, dot lightnings, shock waves, burn effects, explosions, healing wards for pvp (total separate or paralel to pvp as I don t want my mage to be a healer), unless you make a dedicated weapon for that. Just combine for god sake the kraken staff buff with forge gun stats and that s it. Unless you choose to change that damage reduction with something mentioned above. And regarding the design of the Star Beast Staff, consider adding something to it to look more like a staff. A dragon head on that stick or something. It looks booring and unfinished.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Make the staff shoot 2x fireballs at different targets when the skill is used. Add perks like burning damage to new gear or are range so we can build our character more personalized. Release different mythic/ arc gear for different skill perks.
    Make the star chakrams buff rog bombs so we can teleport back where bomb was placed on second skill activation

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Let star shield buff rally cry by 200% damage and make every party want a tank. We could get away from 300% insane damage procs this way and rely on our friends for those buffs. You could release so much different, maybe even some farmable gear and we would get away from farming only gold too..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Tested daggers without the 6/6 set but have used krak vest, arti, and belt.

Proc duration needs increased, damage needs increased a bit to put it on par with kraken weapons or to be slightly better than them. They are literally just a kraken replica with less damage and a lower proc duration.
    +1

Hes right.
    I tested the SB Chain Sword (6/6) and the weaps need a buff and increase proc duration. In the current situation Starbeast is the little Sister of the Kraken . and absolutely not worth to have it .
    (Or Proc Stacking .that would be wonderful ;p)

Does anyone have Sb Shield experience ?

Greets

Wortwechsel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Please look at the daggers. The proc is so short and the aoe is too tiny.

You also cannot proc and kill mobs if you move much to sweep mobs. The mechanic is that splash one second aoe dmg then it’s over.

These need such a buff. This post gives me a glimmer of hope.

I opened a lot lot lot of crates to get these and I don’t use them at all because kraken daggers are still so much superior to these.

(I also have Chakrams and am happy with the use on them)

I am really hoping other rogues can add better details on here so they can be buffed up for good use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Mage starbeast weapons need to be severely buffed. It's the only class where we haven't transitioned to it yet while other classes are now using them as part of their main damage set since it buffs them so much - and we're still stuck using Force guns. Sb orb is only used to benefit from the 6/6 proc.

And what is that Starbeast staff proc? where will we ever need a debuff proc like if we're being fr, when the current Kraken staff already does it a lot better atop its other stat proc buffs. Also, we wanna kill the mobs, and not push them away further... just for us to chase them again?

Players now wonder if the team assigned some random to make these weapons. Cuz none of it make sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I would like to see sb set as an alternative to kraken set rather than just pure replacement. I’d work on that 6/6 sb buff and it should be good. Some nice buffs related to Elder woods expansion would be great too. People will surely find a way to use them in combination with kraken set.
    Also nerfing kraken set would be huge scam for all the hc players that actually spent insane amounts of platinum to get the whole set, so please avoid doing that.

I think rogue/warr sb weapons are fine as they are, seen people using them in a specific way and they were really really good.
    <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptis View Post
    I would like to see sb set as an alternative to kraken set rather than just pure replacement. I’d work on that 6/6 sb buff and it should be good. Some nice buffs related to Elder woods expansion would be great too. People will surely find a way to use them in combination with kraken set.
    Also nerfing kraken set would be huge scam for all the hc players that actually spent insane amounts of platinum to get the whole set, so please avoid doing that.

I think rogue/warr sb weapons are fine as they are, seen people using them in a specific way and they were really really good.
    Have u see a War use the (full) SB Proc or a War use the Krak Proc switch to Starbeast Sword (for dmg.Same with SnowSword) ?
    I tested full SB ,SB+krak , Krak proc switch Dmg set, ect ect... and this SB SET buff is way to weak .

Anyone have SB Aegis Experience??

Greets

Wortwechsel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Buff orb’s damage and proc.

I heard all new SB weps need a rework and a big buff aswell.

Or will you nerf kraken ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Never Nerf Kraken . HC Gamers invest large sums to get it .(Open chests).