Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: legalization of Mary j.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Default legalization of Mary j.

Obama is Pres. Lets move on.

I would like to hear your guys opinion on the legalization of marijuana at the federal level.

I'm all for legalizing it for multiple reasons, and don't really buy the arguments for opposing it.

Share your thoughts, and I know you'll keep it civil.

P.s I don't smoke weed.

P.s.s ib4 no moar political talks.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Sadly, I don't think it'll ever hit my area. Gj though WA and CO. I think it should be illegal to operate anything if you're under the influence though, not that you'd want to do much of anything afterward anyways lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder:845205
    Sadly, I don't think it'll ever hit my area. Gj though WA and CO. I think it should be illegal to operate anything if you're under the influence though, not that you'd want to do much of anything afterward anyways lmao
    Haha couldn't say it any better XD

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Everyone will be too lazy to rob a bank xD

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I was in Cali when they did the same thing on a smaller scale. The result? Black helicopters swooped in and raided, meaning, it's still class one narcotic. States get to choose but the govt has the final say. This will be interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I'm all for it.
    I live in Humboldt county, which is a "grow" community and the amount of crazy,violent, 18 year old growers in this area has tripled in the last 2 years. Long story short: this trend has resulted in increasing robberies and fatalities in this area alone.

Reduce the amount of organized crime, while stimulating the economy? Yes please...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Let's see....

Other than the psychological effects (last thing we need is more impaired drivers), are the following:

1. Economic: cigarettes and alcohol already suck money from families of all classes. Those substances are regulated economically, marijuana isn't. When it is still illegal to grow and sell, prices will only skyrocket.

2. Emotionally: See above for the toll another addictive substance will have on families.

3. Physically: An increase in use of a substance which is just as bad as tobacco with NO filter. Enough said.

@Skao - so if we make stealing legal, then our country will be safer? Afraid not. Empowering (or giving in) just to ignore a problem is a problem within itself. These kids will do nothing but quit school in large amounts to take a hold of this new "opportunity." Increasing the dummies in the world... no thank you.
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 11-08-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    From what I hear (I'm in Oregon not Washington), the WA ballot measure included some sort of statement to that effect, that posession of 1 oz was to be legal, while driving under the influence is still a crime.

I think it should be a states rights matter, not federal. I do not believe the Constitution allows the Congress to make recreational substances illegal. But it will eventually be up to the Supreme Court.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 11-08-2012 at 11:04 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Marijuana causes depression. End of story.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

OK, well we are not discussing drugs here. We are discussing laws. The topic of drugs, pro or con, is actually off limts. So proceed at your own risk.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Let's see....

Other than the psychological effects (last thing we need is more impaired drivers), are the following:

1. Economic: cigarettes and alcohol already suck money from families of all classes. Those substances are regulated economically, marijuana isn't. When it is still illegal to grow and sell, prices will only skyrocket.

2. Emotionally: See above for the toll another addictive substance will have on families.

3. Physically: An increase in use of a substance which is just as bad as tobacco with NO filter. Enough said.

@Skao - so if we make stealing legal, then our country will be safer? Afraid not. Empowering (or giving in) just to ignore a problem is a problem within itself. These kids will do nothing but quit school in large amounts to take a hold of this new "opportunity." Increasing the dummies in the world... no thank you.
    I heard it was safer than tobacco on a documentary on the history channel.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

The lungs are supposed to get Air, not Smoke. If they get smoke instead, they start failing. There is no "safer than this" or "safer than that" argument. It is unnatural, and therefore interferes with the body.

Also, cigarettes and alchohol are already costing people too much, why give them something more to dish out their cash on?
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ninjaduck For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    The lungs are supposed to get Air, not Smoke. If they get smoke instead, they start failing. There is no "safer than this" or "safer than that" argument. It is unnatural, and therefore interferes with the body.

Also, cigarettes and alchohol are already costing people too much, why give them something more to dish out their cash on?
    Hey, i was just saying. Never said it was good just said i heard it was better than this... Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    From what I hear (I'm in Oregon not Washington), the WA ballot measure included some sort of statement to that effect, that posession of 1 oz was to be legal, while driving under the influence is still a crime.

I think it should be a states rights matter, not federal. I do not believe the Constitution allows the Congress to make recreational substances illegal. But it will eventually be up to the Supreme Court.
    i do our drug tests here and work and I know for a fact that there's no test to determine how long marjiuana has been in someone's system. It can stay in your system for 30-60 days (depending on metabolism). the tests we currently have will only indicate whether or not it is in your system, there's no way to determine if you used it 2 weeks ago or an hour ago. Sounds to me like the driving under the influence part is something that isn't enforceable but was just thrown in to make people feel safer about it and garner more votes.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider:845252
    Let's see....

You know I respect the hell out of your opinion. But, I disagree with you on this one.

1. I don't know what the prices will do, but I do know that anyone that wants it can get it very easily. Legal, or not. IMO, the ppl that choose to smoke will. I don't think making it legal means there will be tons of new smokers.

2. Its not addictive. I was a chronic user (pun intended) for almost a decade. I had to stop to get my job, and haven't done it since. No withdrawals, moodswings, or headaches. If I go a day without cigarettes, I get all those symptoms.

3. Is there any data to back that up? I'm not disagreeing, just never heard that. Is there any cases of emphysema, or lung cancer from only smoking marijuana?

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck:845256
    Ever just make stuff up? Where did you hear that?
    Last edited by Walkhardd; 11-08-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

DUI can be officer opinion. I know of a story where some NBA players were pulled over on I-5 and the driver said to the cop that he could search all he wanted, butmthey smoked it all up. The driver was cited. He had the smell and the red eyes. The officers testimony should hold up in court, when put together with a blood test.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Let's see....

Im just stating that I see 1st hand what running a grow operation does to to the ppl that r young adults in my community, and that i would rather this industry (because of its existing size) be ran by regulated companies rather than teens. Its just my opinion that making it a profession would require a level of education for entry, several ppl already attend such colleges. From a plain economic stand i see a possibility frontier for more colleges+more students +more entrepreneurs +more business +more jobs+less unemployment = greater efficency

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

The state made the decision, the federal government should stay out of it.

I see no reason why Marijuana should be illegal, if alcohol isn't.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    You know I respect the hell out of your opinion. But, I disagree with you on this one.

1. I don't know what the prices will do, but I do know that anyone that wants it can get it very easily. Legal, or not. IMO, the ppl that choose to smoke will. I don't think making it legal means there will be tons of new smokers.

2. Its not addictive. I was a chronic user (pun intended) for almost a decade. I had to stop to get my job, and haven't done it since. No withdrawals, moodswings, or headaches. If I go a day without cigarettes, I get all those symptoms.

3. Is there any data to back that up? I'm not disagreeing, just never heard that. Is there any cases of emphysema, or lung cancer from only smoking marijuana?

Ever just make stuff up? Where did you hear that?
    I'll post some stuff later. On my phone now. But in short: It does have addicting chemicals and also contains carcinogens like tobacco. But people get more addicted to the "feeling" than the actual drug. It is kinda like sex addicts: No addicting agent but offenders are addicted to the feeling.

By the way, before some begin to judge any if us for our opinions, I want it to be clear that I can disagree with things without disliking the person. I am out of this the first time someone loses control.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    Alcohol is also a depressant.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    DUI can be officer opinion. I know of a story where some NBA players were pulled over on I-5 and the driver said to the cop that he could search all he wanted, butmthey smoked it all up. The driver was cited. He had the smell and the red eyes. The officers testimony should hold up in court, when put together with a blood test.
    Officer judgement leads to a uneven application of the law. It also has a favors those with money even more as a lawyer is much more likely to get a rich client out of a "testimony" based charge then one with hard evidence and a long line of precedence like a scientific DUI test.

I'll post some stuff later. On my phone now. But in short: It does have addicting chemicals and also contains carcinogens like tobacco. But people get more addicted to the "feeling" than the actual drug. It is kinda like sex addicts: No addicting agent but offenders are addicted to the feeling.

By the way, before some begin to judge any if us for our opinions, I want it to be clear that I can disagree with things without disliking the person. I am out of this the first time someone loses control.
    Agree that certain things can have an addiction like effect, but comparing them to actual addicting substances is off base. A truly addictive substance actually replaces the dopamine controls of your brain so a person has a seriously difficult time just functioning with out it. Wanting to have fun and needing to get "normal" are not the same class of want.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?